The online racing simulator
game crashes when usb io controller is connected
hi developers,

the game crashes when usb io controller iowarrior-56 (http://www.codemercs.com/IOWarriorE.html) is connected to the computer. deb.txt shows no remarkable notices.

problem description:
when the usb controller is connected, the game (latest S2, licensed) crashes with access violation on startup. when plugging in while the game is running, it causes a crash too. think there is maybe something wrong on game controller initialization (but the controller itself does not appear as gaming device - just an idea).

tested on win2000. winxp test will follow.
edit: winxp too: game crashes w/ contoller on startup. plugging in while game is running works better, i'm able to drive but crashing on alt+tab or changing window focus in windowed mode.

would be nice to hear from you. i want to use my external outgauge display

thank you!

tobias

PS:
other directx/opengl games operate normal

PPS:
maybe just ignoring the productid of this controller:

/// constant for the ProductId of an IOWarrior56
public static final long PID_IOW56 = 0x1503L;
pushing it to top. any of the game developers, please have a look at this thread. ---- got it running fine over udp network on another computer. I'm almostfinished with development yet. but can't use it
Shame this guy got no responces from anybody!
Makes you wounder why you bother!
If feed back is wanted then it should be reconised for good or bad.
#4 - Jakg
If you want the game developers (and tbh I doubt anyone here can help with something so specific) then your best bet is to use the "Mail Us" feature on the main LFS site.
Better posting that on the Technichal Assitance Forum.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG