The online racing simulator
Quote from aaltomar : Actually I'm even more interested in the hydrobrake since I find the normal "toy" brake pedal is really so far disconnected from the real world. I really like the idea that braking force is measured by pressure and not by the travel distance. Plus you can opt for those halpot potentiometers for that extra resolution and spikefree movement.

Top quality pedals really do make all the difference. I got the chance to try out these http://www.revzalotmotorsports.com/products.html recently and i couldn't believe just how good they are.
They are certainly on my shopping list well before a top line wheel. A G25 or even a DFP with the FREX upgrade and a set of quality pedals is more than enough for 99% of simracers.

Still, if i had thousands of pounds lying about doing nothing I'd love to give that FREX wheel a go, for sure.
or if you are computer inclined/mechanically inclined/semi retarded/poor/(Add saying here for $5 LOL)

you can make one, I'm looking into how hard it would be to mod my current setup, another pedal, H shifter instead of stupid sequential shifter, Just get some gears and it'll be good :P
Nice, but what is patented on the wheel?
the gear mechanism apparently... although i still havent seen how it actually works
It's not something previously used in computer wheels. It's certainly not belt driven and I don't think its even gear driven. Shige just replied that you can't even turn the wheel when it's in its 100% strength

Something industrial range is in its innards. We'll soon find out I guess. It's said to be patended worldwide so anyone willing to search for it in the patent office?

"That will not used a Gear nor Belt.
I faced limitation of the gear and belt because of their backlash, noise, loose, energy loss, too much complicated...... I knew that is not a suitable mechanism even if we tried most expensive planetary gears.

Mysterious?
Yes, the company also supprised the usage of the mechanism never used like that he said in spite of who is a industrial leader of Factory Automation"

"I confirmed this is a innovation design and aware necessity of take Patent because we confirmed it is only a mechanism that can realize real car wheel feeling that is not available so far. No backlash, No grindy feel, quiet, multi turn, mechanically adjustable lock to lock, hi efficiency, can install upside down for formula type tub, slim shape ....."

You can not turn in corner with 25cm Wheel with 100% power setting.

We couldn't get good price depend on our previous design which needed to use expensive unit inside.
So we had started redesign the internal mechanism built into plate and frames of the wheel unit has same mechanism by each functional parts built together.
Functionally, out looking are same nothing has changed.
We will start test on the new one very soon.
The new mechanism let get the price down a lot.
But still many expensive parts we have to use into the unit to realize the real steering feel but getting closer to the price for the market not only for a enthusiast or research laboratory.

I am glad that I could invent and bring on this mechanism(EU,US.JP Patent.P) has No backlash, No grindy feel, Low mechanical drag, Stronger and faster force feedback which you can feel a tyre in game is made by rubber like a real car.
Maybe some kind of electromagnetic drive ?
I'll just stick to my trusty G25 thanks!
Quote from aaltomar :It's not something previously used in computer wheels. It's certainly not belt driven and I don't think its even gear driven. Shige just replied that you can't even turn the wheel when it's in its 100% strength

Something industrial range is in its innards. We'll soon find out I guess. It's said to be patended worldwide so anyone willing to search for it in the patent office?

"That will not used a Gear nor Belt.
I faced limitation of the gear and belt because of their backlash, noise, loose, energy loss, too much complicated...... I knew that is not a suitable mechanism even if we tried most expensive planetary gears.

Mysterious?
Yes, the company also supprised the usage of the mechanism never used like that he said in spite of who is a industrial leader of Factory Automation"

[/I]

they must be using something that would be close to Drive By Wire , in Honda NSX , or something derived from The Toyota/Lexus electric power steering, ( in lexus it even take control of the rotation of the steering to Park itself , ) Well for a self parking car , its a start ifu were ganna criticsis the actual ability of the car to park itself as seen on TOP GEAR

what ever it is , its very small system , great design , but thats just for those who just dont know what to do with their money , type of people who owns Supercar , just because he can buy them not because its the best of the best,or because its a practical car. or the guy that Buys the Sony Bravia XBR 62inch HDMI to plug his PC on it just because he has 5000$ to spare that week-end. For Average Joe Racecar driver that respects himself will never hope to buy such a peice of Hardware for a ''' Game'''' , G25 is more then enough , and u can do mods to it , that wont even come close to the price tag on this frex .

its just a question of whats the best u can come up with
SRT has a videoreview of the wheel on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcqOE-FSnFI

In short, expensive, best FFB, innovative FFB design, very quiet, confusing website, may take awhile to put it together...
OT: Anyone got pics of the girl from Episode 24 of Inside Sim Racing??
i am not a really good english listener...sorry, but if you see the review, does Shaun says that the feedback controller of frex are the same of the G25??
regards
Quote from Riders Motion :OT: Anyone got pics of the girl from Episode 24 of Inside Sim Racing??

Jessica Lopez? She's there in every episode O_O. lol.

The wheel looks like its amazing but how the hell do they expect to sell any at that price. It's bearly better then the g25, the g25 costs 1800$ less, it has 3 pedals and H shifter+paddle shifter. The frex takes long to assemble, takes quite a bit of time to change steering rotation (which I change about 30 times a day depending on the car I'm racing), doesnt have any pedals and only padde shifter. The FFB is probably amazing but is that kind of force feedback really worth the extra 1800$ + the money for pedals and proper shifter? Way overpriced imo.
True. For 2000$ you get an awesome wheel without pedals and proper shifter, you could go cheapy but at that point you will probably buy expensive stuff to go with the rest so you can expect another 500$ for the pedals and shifter.

Rated R for Retarded
I'm really confused on how that thing actually works. I'll pass because $2000 can buy things a lot better than a really good wheel.
And another time SRT chickens out of criticising a product properly...

I know they mentioned many bad points as well, but why the hell couldn't they apply their usual ratings with the Frex wheel? If it wouldn't do justice to this piece of equipment, then the whole rating process is flawed and needs revising - because then it does NO product justice...

So what if price and content would dragged the wheel down big time, because that's the BIG issue with this wheel... Anyone here REALLY looking at buying this thing?
Quote from evilpimp :Jessica Lopez? She's there in every episode O_O. lol.

The wheel looks like its amazing but how the hell do they expect to sell any at that price. It's bearly better then the g25, the g25 costs 1800$ less, it has 3 pedals and H shifter+paddle shifter. The frex takes long to assemble, takes quite a bit of time to change steering rotation (which I change about 30 times a day depending on the car I'm racing), doesnt have any pedals and only padde shifter. The FFB is probably amazing but is that kind of force feedback really worth the extra 1800$ + the money for pedals and proper shifter? Way overpriced imo.

Why aren't you clever.

My wheel and LFS sets automatically to the correct degrees turning without having to change it manually, as I'm sure it does for most other people... just set up correctly in the control menu
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Why aren't you clever.

My wheel and LFS sets automatically to the correct degrees turning without having to change it manually, as I'm sure it does for most other people... just set up correctly in the control menu

Huh? It changes the software rotation on its own but not the actual lock on the wheel... Like it will change automaticly so that if I turn 500 degrees in the BF1 it will stop turning ingame at 400 but not the actual lock on the wheel which I set on the profiler. Or am I missing something? is there a way so that the lock changes on its own?
I'm happy w/ my Fanatech Porsche 911 wheel right now, and I just don't have the budget for something like this. Maybe if I was building some sort of simulator and charging people to use it, I'd buy one.
Quote from gp4racer :i am not a really good English listener...sorry, but if you see the review, does Shaun says that the feedback controller of frex are the same of the G25??
regards

The wheel uses the Immersion patented technology, the same as every other FFB wheel for windows. The Immersion stuff defines the logic between software and the hardware. The mechanics (hardware) are unique in Frex and the ffb effects you feel are controlled by the game software.

And about the price, it's the main thing that keeps me from buying the wheel, then again for us Europeans, the rate is better, so it's not as expensive. And besides, the thing has a lot more metal and expensive parts than your average G25. In addition you can buy the wheel paddle shifters separately.
Quote from evilpimp :Huh? It changes the software rotation on its own but not the actual lock on the wheel... Like it will change automaticly so that if I turn 500 degrees in the BF1 it will stop turning ingame at 400 but not the actual lock on the wheel which I set on the profiler. Or am I missing something? is there a way so that the lock changes on its own?

Hmm, I'm confused too.

I get in the XFG, for example. Boom, 720 Degrees of Lock. (After that, the FF stops me)

If I get into say, an BF1 or something, with like 540 Degree of lock, my FF stops me when I go past that. Not sure if it's mechanical (I.e in the Logitech settings, or through FF in game, but it stops..
Even though you can run 900 degrees and only utilize 300 or 450 it´s kind of annoying not having any stops. However if it would be possible to mount it securely enough but not permanent that is hardly a show stopper... I use pretty much the same wheel rotation in all my sims anyway. Arcade titles I can as well use cheaper wheels so it´s not that big of a problem for me.

If I find a mod or something that requires 900 degrees I could use my fanatec wheel and be quite happy with that. However that is the problem it´s to good for just say well this isn´t good enough. I managed to find an excuse for replacing the pedals with CST pedals already using a SST shifter. That said I don´t expect you can even compare the force feedback to a G25 fanatec 911 or whatever consumer wheel... I mean you can see the difference by just watching movies which says a lot.

It´s not bang for the buck but the wheel to rule them all like the ECCI 6000 for the non force feedbackers Would actually be interesting to see some review where they try it without force feedback just centering spring. It really seem to be super smooth. Some console games don´t really have force feedback anyway.
-
([RF]-art555) DELETED by [RF]-art555
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Hmm, I'm confused too.

I get in the XFG, for example. Boom, 720 Degrees of Lock. (After that, the FF stops me)

If I get into say, an BF1 or something, with like 540 Degree of lock, my FF stops me when I go past that. Not sure if it's mechanical (I.e in the Logitech settings, or through FF in game, but it stops..

Hmm I'll try getting the latest driver which apperently has a tick box to let the game control it... Maybe thats what it is... Would be awesome if the FF could lock itself getting tired of changing it through profiler all the time heh.
... T - LFS doesn't use the drivers (yet?) to lock the FFB. It'd be nice if it did though.
if i was going to spend that much money on sim gear i'd rather get a nice helicopter simulator and stick to my g25, nevertheless i gotsta get me a go of one of these, that things looks like a lot of fun.
lol way too pricy, 2000$ is around 1k£, for 1000£ you can get a nice used first car for youself, not a wheel to play video games with

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG