The online racing simulator
Logitech Momo Acting Weird
Hi All,

First of all, I have searched the internet and the forum for this, but it hasn't happened to anyone, so maybe someone can help me .

I have had my MoMo now a good while, maybe 6 months or so, for the past 4 months its acting really weird.

When i turn on my computer, it picks it up in the Device Manager, however the steering wheel itself doesn't light up, or in that case even power up, it doesn't have any lights at all, and i can turn the wheel by blowing on it!

I have tried going into Device Manager and installing the drivers (Again) by right clicking on it, removing driver and then installing it again.

It doesn't change a thing, i have tried switch the USB Port, doesn't work either,

I have tried plug out all other USB ports, Doesn't work either.

Now, If i leave the steering wheel for around 30-60 minutes, sometimes HOURS, it then awakes from the dead and powers up (without lights) it just does that calibration thing.

I then need to restart my computer to get it to work.

Soooo, I am 99% Certain it isn't my computer, i have tried looking on Logitechs forums and all, nothing there.

So its gotta be the wheel, anyone have the same problem?, anyone have any idea's i can try maybe?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,
Sinister747
When you have an issue with the power not coming on for the wheel, always check the power cord. I own the Red MOMO, so I don't know how your power is plugged into the wheel... but sometimes the plug for the power (which plugs into my pedal base) will come out and I won't have power to my wheel. Plugging that in returns it to normal. You should check the power cord, when the computer is on and wheel plugged into the PC via USB. Move the cord around a bit, maybe it is bad.

That would be my first assumption. USB wouldn't cause this maybe, but if the USB cord or port on your PC is bad, then that isn't good. If you have other USB devices, plug them in on the same port and see if they work ok. Also, if you are hooked up to a USB hub, that could be the problem too. There just isn't enough power to support so many USB devices sometimes, and they fail or cause peripherals to act funky.

Hi Tweaker,

First of all, thanks for the reply.

I have tried the Power cord things numerous times, Although now you mention it, i have noticed when i move the cable (plugged into back of wheel base) it makes a cracking sounds, almost like its bending the pin?

As for USB, the port defitnally works i have tested, camera's, Mp3 players etc in it, and it works fine.

I do not use a USB hub either.

Its a very odd situation, maybe its just a malfuctioning wheel?

Regards,
Sinister747
Quote from Sinister747 :.

I have tried the Power cord things numerous times, Although now you mention it, i have noticed when i move the cable (plugged into back of wheel base) it makes a cracking sounds, almost like its bending the pin?
Sinister747

Sounds like a broken core inside the cable to me or possably the connection within the power socket/plug in your pedals. If you can try another PSU or dissasemble your pedals and check the power connecton inside.

SD.
Thanks for your reply,

I will ask for sister to look at it, she is a Electronic Engineer and she works in Intel

So thanks for the help guys, And again thank you's for listening to my insane dribble.

Regards,
Sinister747

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG