The online racing simulator
Something about Chernobyl
(31 posts, started )
Just found it again in my Bookmarks, this is a very special site from a woman who makes regulary trips on her Ninja through the Chernobyl area, and she made unusual pictures. The sites commentary is in german, but the pics speak for themselves.

http://www.suf.at/ghosttown23.htm
It'll all look very familiar to anyone who has played STALKER
Yep, interesting documentary. The site has been translated to many languages, click here.
#4 - Migz
Quote from Dajmin :It'll all look very familiar to anyone who has played STALKER

Or COD4
dammit! now i want to play stalker again, again!
We were talking about Chernobyl in work today funnily enough.

I did loads of reading about the area after playing STALKER, I really want to go there and visit sometime.

There's a couple of people in my office from Poland and they were saying they were rushed out of school when it happened and given gas-masks and made to take anti-radiation drugs.
i loved these phots and reports of her ever since i discovered it on the net.
always worth a look.
Quote from Crashgate3 :made to take anti-radiation drugs.

you can drink booze to lessen the effect as well.
but not too much 'cause you can't aim well.

the masks, did they find them at cordon? where?
Quote from george_tsiros :the masks, did they find them at cordon? where?

They were just lying about in handy strongboxes
Not really that unusual. You can visit the place yourself, there are organised trips to Pripyat. And she did that too, without motorcycle. The motorcyle pics are shot outside the restricted area.
Some more pictures here.
Quote from george_tsiros :you can drink booze to lessen the effect as well.
but not too much 'cause you can't aim well.

the masks, did they find them at cordon? where?

Anti radiation drugs are potassium iodate (maybe iodide? not sure). They are meant to flood your thyroid gland with iodine because it is particularly vulnerable to radiation or something like that. They also make you chuck up a hell of a lot so I'm told.

I work in the nuclear industry ya see. Thing is though, whenever we do pretend nuclear emergencies at work the potassium iodate tablets seem to be a lot like Smarties or Fruit Pastilles. I've often wondered how fun it would be to be given proper potassium iodate for pretend emergencies. Probably not very, unless you have some sort of crazy puke fetish. Which I don't. To be honest I would worry more about all those people puking than I would impending radiation death.

Best stick to the Smarties I think.
Creepy place. I think not many people find that place "comfortable", not even those who visit it often.
Actually, I really wanna go there someday. Not to see the suffer those people had but just...to have been there and to have seen what actually is the result of something terrible. Must be a very quite place..creepy
#15 - Jakg
BTW the stories on her site are mainly fabrication and a lot of the photo's are staged (i.e. rooms furniture altered etc).

Chernobyl is interesting but this bage is just BS unfortunately. Still a good read.
Quote from Jakg :BTW the stories on her site are mainly fabrication and a lot of the photo's are staged (i.e. rooms furniture altered etc).

Chernobyl is interesting but this bage is just BS unfortunately. Still a good read.

care to explain why?
#17 - Jakg
I do remember reading an account from the Chernobyl guide who shew her round explaining the posed pictures and a press release from the people offering the tours explaining that you cannot just drive around and do wtf you want a motorcycle.

Will try to dig it up...
#18 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :BTW the stories on her site are mainly fabrication and a lot of the photo's are staged (i.e. rooms furniture altered etc).

Also where is this read in english please? (I am not calling you a liar, would like to know )
#20 - Jakg
The photo's aren't staged, just the storyline is fake. Here's another guy who did the trip.
You're not allowed to touch anything, especially metal parts. Basically everything facing the reactor is still very radioactive.
Quote from ACCAkut :this is a very special site from a woman who makes regulary trips on her Ninja through the Chernobyl area

I lol'd so hard when I read that
#23 - Jakg
Quote from kingfag :The photo's aren't staged, just the storyline is fake. Here's another guy who did the trip.
You're not allowed to touch anything, especially metal parts. Basically everything facing the reactor is still very radioactive.

iirc the rooms (i.e. the room with all the dolls) were altered by the woman (and her husband) before the photos were taken.
those pics are cool... tho i dont understand a shit

"fifty thousand people used to live here, now is a ghost town"
CoD4 intro... so idiot people dont get confused
#25 - Jakg
Do you even know what Chernobyl is?

50,000 people used to live there and well it's now totally empty as you can see for good reason.

More cool stuff near Chernobyl.

Theres also this video of a he ... he burning reactor itself...

I can't find the video now but theres also one taken inside the reactor after it exploded including the massive "elephants foot" which is basically a huge solid lump of ex-molten radioactive crap.

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG