The online racing simulator
3 Pin (yellow, red, white)
(31 posts, started )
I used higher resolutions with VGA cables aswell. Never heard of that 720p limit...

The PS2 is 640x480 i would say... for sure not higher than 800x600. This is another reason why you won't be amazed when using it with a pc monitor.
Quote from Wikipedia :[PS2] Video output resolution: variable from 256x224 to 1280x1024 pixels

A few other sites have backed this up also. Presumably it depends on the game
Quote from Shotglass :rubbish i had a monitor that did 2304x1440 on vga and the triple head to go does 3*1680x1050 via vga

Yeah, you're right. It turns out that VGA has no resolution limit. Except, the higher the resolution, the more bandwidth is required to convert the digital signal to analog before it leaves the video card. And, apparently EMI interference can mess up the image, but they use filters to try to remove unwanted frequencys which ends up lowering the quality of the image. By the way, can't you find a better way of starting your post rather then using the word "rubbish?" That's not a very nice way to start a post. I would have started flaming you back, but I've stopped doing that since it's a waste of time.
Quote from wheel4hummer :By the way, can't you find a better way of starting your post rather then using the word "rubbish?"

no

3 Pin (yellow, red, white)
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG