The online racing simulator
What Exactly Is Happening In Georgia?
(89 posts, started )
#52 - wark
Quote from Kalev EST :Can´t believe I missed this... You will be the second person on my ignore list but before let me just say this: You Sir, are a f##king idiot. This is not a joke for some snotty little kid safely in his warm home far far away from people dying and suffering. Grow up.

Shutting your ears to anything you don't like is really mature, too—and telling us you're ignoring him because he upset your misled ears is just advertising a willful ignorance.

In Luke's defence, he was inarguably correct. BFBC, essentially, is a depiction of dying and suffering (no one said that was a good thing).
Oh lol i thought its battlefield bad company
Quote :I know this probrably sounds a bit mad to most of you, but I am actually concerned that the current peace in Europe will not last forever like some politicians like you to think.

I've been saying the same thing since the whole Iraq thing, that's why i'm keen to see a united Europe brought about by peaceful means - but I don't think it can happen in time.

There is too much hate in the world.
We need hate though, according to the people at Honda.

Hate something.
Change something.
Make something better.
Doo do do dooo...
Quote from Bean0 :We need hate though, according to the people at Honda.

Hate something.
Change something.
Make something better.
Doo do do dooo...

Yeah but problems occur when you try and change something that somebody else loves, like their country...
Quote from Luke.S :Now where did I put my challanger II tank and my M16?

Oh yeah and my army.

British-American hybrid ?

Its either "your" M1A2 Abrams & M16 or "your" Chally 2 & SA80 =/

And all those refering to BF:BC, put down the controller & switch of the system. This is a real life war. No respawns or that shit. Innocent people are dying. For what ? Who knows ...

People who joke about this anger me.

Sarge.
Yeh it's much more like Armed Assault.
I have never understood why they attatch logs to the back of BMP's. I'm good with military stuff, this just always puzzled me. Someone wanna enlighten me?
I assume it's to fill in any trenches they have to cross.
Is there anything interesting going on in georgia right now?

I don't know if I'm strange, but I'm waiting for finland-russia war.. And I'm 100% sure it's on its way
nah, rather estonia-russia
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :nah, rather estonia-russia

As i though god damned russians wtf is with their heads.. lol If they are going to attack estonia, it's 200% sure that they're coming to finland
Will they do it before the West invades Iran though? I meen, if they wait long enough nobody will care, but if they want to get dibbs before we're done with Afghanistan then it might become a contentious issue.
The next target will be the next ex-soviet country to try to join NATO. One of the parts of the treaty after the cold war was that NATO would not extend its influence eastward, which is exactly what is happening and exactly why Russia is so pissed.

I really hope the US doesn't send troops to fight russia because IMO thats exactly what they want us to do. The oil pipeline isn't ours (or mostly ours) and afaik it mostly supplies western europe so I don't see any reason for us to get involved. If the US gets involved, Russia will have no qualms providing our enemies in Iran more nuclear weapons.

On the other hand if the US doesn't get involved it will prove we cannot protect our allies and have no influence in eastern europe. Russia will know that they can attack estonia or any other bordering country with no resistance. I think if anyone sends troops for anything more than aid it should be Ukraine, Estonia or the UK. Ukraine and Estonia because they could be next and the UK because BP owns the largest single party percentage of the pipeline and from what i can see receives and distributes most of the oil from the region.
I hate the way our countries side with Georgia just because they don't like Russia, because it seems like we have sided with the country that started this war.
I don't think anyone knows who started it. I know Georgia is very very small and Russia is very very big. Russia doesn't like Georgia's involvement with NATO. Russian leadership feels they were led to believe that NATO would never expand past Germany, but now most of the Eastern bloc are members. The more countries join NATO, the less power and influence Russia has over its former territory. I believe the invasion of Georgia is to reestablish their power over the entire eastern bloc. Russia feels the oil and natural gas lines undermine their influence in Eastern Europe, and they feel like they can still control ex-soviet nations. Plus they give nuclear technologies to Iran. I like Georgia MUCH better, but I'm still trying to figure out where this all started. I believe it goes back much farther than a few weeks ago.

In 1999 Russia had a heavy troop and artillery presence in most of its bordering countries including Georgia. Negotiations with NATO led to the Adapted Conventional Armed Forces in Europe Treaty in which Russia agreed to pull out of Gerogia completely and led them be truly independent. After 7 years of stalling, Russia refused to dismantle bases in Georgia as stated in the treaty and then in 2007 withdrew from the treaty altogether, refusing to comply with any of the terms. This doesn't prove who is at fault but it does a lot to convince me that Russia has much more motive than Georgia to go to war.
I loved it when Fox news censored that little girl who said the Russians saved her and her family from the Georgian troops, did anyone else see that?
Quote :I think if anyone sends troops for anything more than aid it should be Ukraine, Estonia or the UK

Still doing your dirty work somewhere else + small army = we need a break from killing stuff guys. Pwease!?

Russia scarey mkay.
Quote from flymike91 :I think if anyone sends troops for anything more than aid it should be Ukraine, Estonia or the UK. Ukraine and Estonia because they could be next and the UK because BP owns the largest single party percentage of the pipeline and from what i can see receives and distributes most of the oil from the region.

You´re kidding right? Sending our troops there would be the absolute worst thing to do. Not to mention the fact that our military force is no way capable of notably helping anyone against Russia, it would give Russia the perfect excuse to attack us and hence we would be next. Now they have to search for one.

Realistically the next target would be Ukraine, not the Baltic states or Poland or Finland (Tomba, Finland has one of the best political and economical relations with Russia, you´re pals, Russia won´t attack you), because it´s not yet a member of NATO. If Russia goes after Ukraine too, then we should be really worried.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I hate the way our countries side with Georgia just because they don't like Russia, because it seems like we have sided with the country that started this war.

Yeah, because Russia would never ever provoke or fake an attack against itself in order to start a war...
Quote from Kalev EST :

Yeah, because Russia would never ever provoke or fake an attack against itself in order to start a war...

No but it would use one as an excuse to invade a country for no reason. No wonder the USA is pissed off, Russia stole their idea.
flymike, you appreciate BP is a private company and not part of the government. As for Estonia providing a significant amount of military aid? With the greatest respect to them, they have a population considerably less than New Mexico (to compare it to a US state)! Military aid would destabilise the situation even more.

The Kremlin seem to have forgotten the dissolution of the USSR and still think that parts of eastern Europe, central Europe and western Asia are their own stomping ground.

Think of the issue over moving the Soviet Era war memorial from central Tallinn - Russians? Cyberattacks on Estonia. If Putin had been on the vodka, and Estonia weren't in the EU, I can't rule out him thinking of an invasion.

EDIT : Russia are stupid, but not stupid enough to invade an EU country. It won't happen. It would be suicidal, as they would essentially be starting on a superpower (USA) and another major bloc of nations (EU) - and the rest of NATO.
Quote from duke_toaster :flymike, you appreciate BP is a private company and not part of the government.

All our government does is prop up failing private sector concerns with public money and resources. Mobilising a few tanks for BP would be nothing compared to the way they're bending over for the financial institutions.

What Exactly Is Happening In Georgia?
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG