The online racing simulator
LFS lag unnormally (C2D..)
(22 posts, started )
Hi

I have a big problem with LFS , After 10 minute play on a online server, it's lag, but very hard lags...

I have set already a FPS limit 20, Not many graphique texture... but lag

I have Core 2 duo T5500 + 2gb RAM + G25 + G965 intel + Vista ( 3.2 evaluation )

Thank's
Is this Lag you're talking about or low FPS?
Quote from RAM0011 :Hi

I have a big problem with LFS , After 10 minute play on a online server, it's lag, but very hard lags...

I have set already a FPS limit 20, Not many graphique texture... but lag

I have Core 2 duo T5500 + 2gb RAM + G25 + G965 intel + Vista ( 3.2 evaluation )

Thank's

Why have you limited it to 20FPS? If your talking about a skippy picture then its because you have a laptop, if your talking about cars dissapearing and saying "Lag 0.1s...." over them then you have a bad internet connection.
no, no Lag 0.1s, but real lag , bad sound cars goes low...
Quote from RAM0011 :no, no Lag 0.1s, but real lag , bad sound cars goes low...

Take off the 20FPS limit - there's no point in having that on. 20FPS is what makes it look skippy.
I think the fps limit is just there to slow down your lfs if it runs too fast.
Take it to at least 50 or turn it off.
Quote from Stefani24 :I think the fps limit is just there to slow down your lfs if it runs too fast.

Same
I'm crazy RRRRrrr...
#9 - kompa
ram, are you saying you can play smooth for 10 minutes and then a sudden lagstrike? does this happen every time? clean up your pc and shut down all background programs that aren't absolutely necessary. if your integrated graphics chip is the GMA X3000 it should be capable of running LFS.
Quote from kompa :

ram, are you saying you can play smooth for 10 minutes and then a sudden lagstrike? does this happen every time?
-Yes
clean up your pc and shut down all background programs that aren't absolutely necessary.
- I do it every time beforce I play LFS

if your integrated graphics chip is the GMA X3000 it should be capable of running LFS.
-I have a X3600, full dx9 support

Thank's
#11 - Jakg
It's a laptop - overheating?
clean the fan of your cpu.
Piss on your computer
I was wondering why my LFS starts to stutter after 5 minutes of playing, and found out that my GPU cooler had retired, letting the card go up to 120 degrees celsius.
Quote from Stefani24 :I think the fps limit is just there to slow down your lfs if it runs too fast.

isn't it a good idea to lock it down to your current refresh rate, to prevent tearing? i lock mine down to 30fps, because i'm playing on a crt tv.

There is no such thing as 'LFS running too fast or too high fps'. It's just that you're wasting electricity if you're running it on higher fps than your display's refresh rate. A while ago, fps also had something to do with the amount of times the physics engine was updated in a second, but now they are two different things.
This sounds like overheating to me.

Clean out your fan.
How clean you fan ? It's a new laptop so... The problem came after that I return of holidays , so yeah...
Quote from RAM0011 :How clean you fan ? It's a new laptop so... The problem came after that I return of holidays , so yeah...

depends on the make/model. i'd check to see if you're under warranty still, because they might be able to clean it for you. dell and ibm have great disassembly instructions, if you follow them right, it shouldn't be all that hard to get at the fans and give them a good cleaning.

cheers
Had same problem with my old laptop, but it was pointless anyway since it had a terrible intergrated graphics card and managed to do only around 18-22 fps on lowest graphics, without mirrors etc so had to drive with force on most of the time.

Problem was solved by getting this baby!!! Oh yeah :}

This post wasn't much of use... just realised :\
it might be the speed step.

Laptop might think you are not doing anything, and step the processor down to idle. Then the game goes to pot. Bang the keys after this happens, and see if the processor speeds up and give you back the FPS you have in the first 10 minutes.

Other racing game users use a self built bit of software as laptop keepalive thing to keep the processor alive and stop it slowing down.

Hippo
#22 - Jakg
SpeedStep looks at the load of the CPU - if the load is high, it speeds the CPU back up to normal speed.

I highly doubt that's the problem and all it will do is waste battery turning it off.

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG