The online racing simulator
Teach your AI some manners
(9 posts, started )
Ok, i think I've been the one to notice this maybe because I drive with the mouse and i suck at it. I've got to get a wheel . But the AI drivers in LFS are so rude! I just got out from a race with a (Quick) AI driver and he, in all the corners, braked with me... just crashed into me and pushed me out of the road. I know i wasn't driving my best but its because the interface limitations (mouse).

I'm sure that with a wheel i wont get this kind of trouble but the point im trying to get here is that you sould teach the AI Drivers to know if they are about to crash into someone and take the right choises and manouver as convenient not just crash into the other car like it wasn't there.

If anyone thinks that this area deserves a little improvement post your comments and ideas here :P. I just felt the need to post this to se if its just me and if its a problem then point it out to the devs to fix it.

If its not a problem and its just me then sorry :P. Ill see if this continues when I drive correctly using a wheel.
Impossible.
Care to elaborate Sueycide?

Surely the devs have the ability to update the AI in future patches?
Devs will probally not focus on AI as much anymore because nowadays the only time someone goes offline, is when they do a hotlap, or just want to screw around with AI.
#5 - Woz
Actually the AI was improved recently but there is still work to do and more work WILL be done before S2 is out of Alpha. AI is one of the items tagged for full S2. They already do react to you if you are in the way but they dont appear to think the speed missmatch will be big.

So if you are far slower in a corner than them they will nudge you. To be fair, this appears to be like far too many humans online
Well said Woz.

Perhapse one day it might be an option like Agression of AI. I kinda like it when they rough me up a bit and shove past when I drop the ball. So one day we might have the choice of Speed/Skill and Aggressiveness to boot.
Quote from Woz :So if you are far slower in a corner than them they will nudge you. To be fair, this appears to be like far too many humans online

Yep. Racing the AI is a good preparation for going online...
Quote from Woz :Actually the AI was improved recently but there is still work to do and more work WILL be done before S2 is out of Alpha. AI is one of the items tagged for full S2. They already do react to you if you are in the way but they dont appear to think the speed missmatch will be big.

So if you are far slower in a corner than them they will nudge you. To be fair, this appears to be like far too many humans online

Out of alpha eh? Maybe in your dreams for now...
Ohhh! at least they don't kill themselves on T1
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Devs will probally not focus on AI as much anymore because nowadays the only time someone goes offline, is when they do a hotlap, or just want to screw around with AI.

Yea i think you're right. AI It's going to become secondary. The logo does say Online Racing Simulator. I think i over reacted to the AI's... sorry AI dudes!

Maybe when i get a wheel I would be able to do better against them I really suck with the mouse .

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG