The online racing simulator
Karting Madness from NZ
(15 posts, started )
Karting Madness from NZ
lol for all the karters on here who think we are brave with a pathetic single engined machines check this -

http://www.kartsport-video.co.nz/2008nzchamps-Open.html (not great player)

125 ICC + 118cc (they usually bore the 100cc to 118cc) on one kart lol... Love the end too.... HAHAHAHA
That Gixxer kart would be DESTROYED by these beasts. In fact a normal kart would on a kart circuit. They do an anual event at the Nurb GP circuit... and they let all those bike engined kart freak machines out lol funny to watch man

All that weight! The thing wouldn't turn corners, and you can't get the power down
#4 - samjh
Quote from Intrepid :125 ICC + 118cc (they usually bore the 100cc to 118cc) on one kart lol...

I thought two engined karts were normal
Quote from Glenn67 :I thought two engined karts were normal

Yup, although usually matched and quite small capacity 4 strokes coming in at 160cc, some rentals are larger but thats only so that they are under stressed.

The kart here was cool in an engineering mad couple of guys with fags hanging out their mouth way (um, Yanks read that the English way please), as a racing machine it sucks - there's not enough grip for the amount of power its putting down.
Quote from Glenn67 :I thought two engined karts were normal

The twin engine karts you are thinking of are the ones where people slap on two lawn mower engines. The are extremely heavy, and have a tiny power output (maybe 10hp if ur lucky and weigh in around 170-180). They are generally for the endurance/rental market as they last forever, but are extremely slow. Bigger in this case is NOT better at all.

In fact, in terms of lap time they are usually beaten by single engine 60cc 2 stroke karts that 8-12 year olds drive.

The karts on my post are hitting more like 60-80hp. Simply put - another firggin universe!
Quote :In fact, in terms of lap time they are usually beaten by single engine 60cc 2 stroke karts that 8-12 year olds drive.

They're not actually that slow, those little Comer S60's are a bit of a bane to endurance karts actually - the damn things are so fast out of the corners that passing one on a bad bit of the circuit is a frustrating experience of getting repassed, but over a lap the endurance karts have them beat by quite a large margin.

But yeh, step up to even a lowly TKM and the difference in acceleration alone is huge, then onto the formula karts and it's another massive leap - the thing your showing here is beyond even that - as it is afterall the equivellent of putting an F1 engine into a mini and wondering why the rear tyres just melted.

However, this this is also equally impractical as that, as the driver was not able to apply anything near the full potential of the engine, which strikes me as the American muscle car approach to going fast. It'd have been easier and faster to leave the engine in whatever it was taken out of and driven that round the kart track.
Thx for clearing that up

Excuse my ignorance, the last time I had any interest in karts was about 1980 so while not in another universe it was definately several life times ago

I was actually thinking of superkarts here, for some reason I thought they had twin engines appears they are just twin cylinder though
Quote from Becky Rose :[/b]They're not actually that slow, those little Comer S60's are a bit of a bane to endurance karts actually - the damn things are so fast out of the corners that passing one on a bad bit of the circuit is a frustrating experience of getting repassed, but over a lap the endurance karts have them beat by quite a large margin.

But yeh, step up to even a lowly TKM and the difference in acceleration alone is huge, then onto the formula karts and it's another massive leap - the thing your showing here is beyond even that - as it is afterall the equivellent of putting an F1 engine into a mini and wondering why the rear tyres just melted.

However, this this is also equally impractical as that, as the driver was not able to apply anything near the full potential of the engine, which strikes me as the American muscle car approach to going fast. It'd have been easier and faster to leave the engine in whatever it was taken out of and driven that round the kart track.

Sorry if I offended you, I know enduro karters get a little touchy on the subject when mentioning they drive the slowest karts available lol btu freak me they produce some good drivers.

Yh that gixxer kart is just a bit of fun. It would even have trouble beating a 115cc TKM around a lap. The twin-karts I showed in the original post of just simply incredible.
Not at all , anyway I have raced in Formula TKM, Formula C, Formula First and others besides endurance karts - I just won my championships in endurance karts coz i'm like super fit and sexy n' stuff.

Well, I was.

Then middle age happened. Now i'm just sexy
lol endurance karting looks tough I must admit. Did a couple a few years or two ago in a MAX, and some other TaG. Just pure pain!
endurance racing is great! you realy can see wich team and drivers are top fit and stuff!

altough, i like short sprint races to

Karting Madness from NZ
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG