The online racing simulator
Test Drive Unlimited Problem
(20 posts, started )
Hi, my first post after i got from holiday, and i bought TDU again, because i thought it was the megapack

anyways, i discovered it isnt, no problem, only 15 euro...
But to get to my problem, since the 1.66 update my sound is gone, and i have to run the game as XP SP2, because if i don't it crashes

I searched on googled, asked on Atari forums, but nothing found...
so could anyone be so kind to help me?

-Bose
I got the same problem with XP SP3 32bit

but i got version 1.66A
newest sound card drivers?
Try to turn off and on ingame sound.
i tried, also tried to change to 5.1 7.1 4.1 etc
The newer version is 1.66A
What's your graphics card, sound card, operation system etc?
Maybe its a compatibility problem

I run on Windows XP 32bits, 8600GT, Pentium Dual 2.8Ghz, and the game is even faster/better with the updates (and patch 1.66A is necessary to play online)

Some things I would try if I had this problem:
- Try updating your graphics card and sound card drivers, and using Windows Update.
- Try opening advanced windows sound properties and setting everything to maximum volume (dubble click on the volume on the taskbar, "Options", select everything, OK. Set everything to maximum)
- Try reinstalling the game.
- Try using other savedgames/creating a new savedgame
i know all about the patch, and i tried what you said, no result.
my specs are in my sig
That's weird :/ i also noticed i can't go online anymore
sorry for double post, but i deleted TDU like they say how on the forum (delete CD etc etc). but i only have sound in the intro, and then not anymore. Not even on the original version...
and the graphics are doing weird (shown in pic). when i use "use application settings" in my control panel, the car looks sharp, but some things like the navigation map, and some cars look transparent... and when i deselect "use application settings", and no matter what amount of AA or AF i select, the car looks really unsharp, like there is no AA . anyone can help

PS. i have the newest drivers for sound and gfx card.

-Bose
Attached images
problem.jpg
Quote from Bose321 :sorry for double post, but i deleted TDU like they say how on the forum (delete CD etc etc). but i only have sound in the intro, and then not anymore. Not even on the original version...
and the graphics are doing weird (shown in pic). when i use "use application settings" in my control panel, the car looks sharp, but some things like the navigation map, and some cars look transparent... and when i deselect "use application settings", and no matter what amount of AA or AF i select, the car looks really unsharp, like there is no AA . anyone can help

PS. i have the newest drivers for sound and gfx card.

-Bose

Try some older vga drivers, they might help. I also had problems with TDU under xp, but under vista it works fine. So if none of the methods work, install vista
#10 - JJ72
for better sound, run an older version exe, copy and paste it from your disc. (1.55 I remember?)

and yeah half of the people who have bought TDU can't get online, me included. That's atari for you.
Quote from JJ72 :for better sound, run an older version exe, copy and paste it from your disc. (1.55 I remember?)

and yeah half of the people who have bought TDU can't get online, me included. That's atari for you.

I can still connect to Atari server in less than 5 seconds and then just play online
Never seen such problems with TDU on Brazil I don't know what's going on. Maybe its something with the game version? I mean, the place its produced (europe/america?).

@ Bose Anyway I hope you get your problem solved soon.
#12 - JJ72
so you're in the another half

check the atari europe forum, littered with threads with the same topic: sound cracking/sound lacking/can't go online.
I borrowed my friend's TDU for a weekend with the idea of cracking it so I can play at home. Never did, I installed the game and deleted it shortly after. It was full of bugs and needed updates to get the game half working. Shittiest thing I ever played. As JJ72 said upper, that's Atari for you.
Liar, you spent hours and hours downloading Rapidshare links.
Quote from beefyman666 :Liar, you spent hours and hours downloading Rapidshare links.

I did that earlier in my life, but since rapidshare put down the speed, i only dl via torrent.
Anyway, i bought tdu, and lfs.
And some others too.
I've never seen a cracked TDU really WORKING. Its always full of bugs, errors and things that doesn't match. I even tried using a crack on my original TDU game (so that I didn't have to take the DVD all time) but the game suddenly broke into a lot of errors/bugs so I gave up and since then I still use the DVD to play the game

@ Riders Motion I'm sorry but I have to disagree , I like TDU so much its very fun to play online, I told some friends about the game [when it was out], they bought it and they loved the game. We still play online nowadays. I think the game is incredible.
Its sad Atari is having some problems with money thought they already sold the Driver series, and I'm REALLY REALLY ANGRY because of that. Ubisoft did a poor job on parallel lines IMO (its not a BAD game, but Parallel Lines is poor comparing to Driv3r), and I think Driver series should always belong to Atari.
Also does anyone know where is the old TDU official website? Looks like it's been replaced with a e-shop website! I can't see the forums, the downloads place thing, the island demografic map, etc.

back on topic: Bose, did you do what JJ told you? (and did it work?)
#17 - JJ72
the official TDU websites has not been updated for years, the last update was a small icon for the megapack. if you want to access the TDU forum, search for atari europe.

TDU could be a great game, i love its realistic take on different shifting methods, good car collection, fine physics, the open map, camera position based sound effects and working traffic system, but it still remains a system hox, and the low poly road surface just makes the best roads in the game a pain to drive. The sound isn't the best either.

I've given up on it after I reached the last level (champion?), cruising accross the island in an E-type of Cobra is great, but that's somehow not enough for the bugs and headaches.
Quote from JJ72 :the official TDU websites has not been updated for years, the last update was a small icon for the megapack. if you want to access the TDU forum, search for atari europe.

Remember all the goodies and stuff they promised us on the website? Never happened!
But DON'T go and mention that on the Atari Europe website, or Big "K" will ban you!
Quote from beefyman666 :Liar, you spent hours and hours downloading Rapidshare links.

Nah, that would be warez and I dont do this.
Quote from JJ72 :the official TDU websites has not been updated for years, the last update was a small icon for the megapack. if you want to access the TDU forum, search for atari europe.

TDU could be a great game, i love its realistic take on different shifting methods, good car collection, fine physics, the open map, camera position based sound effects and working traffic system, but it still remains a system hox, and the low poly road surface just makes the best roads in the game a pain to drive. The sound isn't the best either.

I've given up on it after I reached the last level (champion?), cruising accross the island in an E-type of Cobra is great, but that's somehow not enough for the bugs and headaches.

Well, it would have been a great game, if they had worked more on the whole package. I mean the performances of the cars (like the sl65 smg, tops around 280 with 710hp), the sounds, the different engines characteristics and stuff. Like why do the supercharged cars have turbo whistle? It would be also good to have all the players on 1 layer on the map, because its sometimes a pain in the ass to find others. Hope they will fix these stuff in TDU2, cuz it could be a bad ass game in its class.

Still, its awesome to cruise in the 308GTS with the magnum galsses on. Cant get bored with it

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG