The online racing simulator
Virtual Grand Prix 3 (VGP3) Available
(29 posts, started )
#1 - kompa
http://www.vgp3.com/

since there's no thread about this one yet let the peoples of lfsforum know what it's all about! it's been open for registration for a while now. if you don't want to commit yourself to iPricing, this might be the thing for you - if you are fascinated by physics (especially the tire model) go and check it out. about 15€ for a year for the goods and you get to keep the stuff if you decide not to pay no more.

i'm sure there are a few forum members who can give far more detailed info than what i can, being just an uneducated enthusiast but let me tell you, this is a really really project.

from the site:

by subscribing an account you'll have a one-year access to any new content available on the Official Website, including upgrades, new tracks, new cars and all the tools and documentation you may use to customize the simulator!

so to put it short, a sim developed from ground up for custom content creation with a tire model to rival LfS. i haven't had the chance to try it out yet myself but i guess it's good to at least register now in any case if you happen to have the spare cash at some point.
#2 - ajp71
How many people have actually tried it though?
Looks OK, imo.
#4 - ajp71
Link doesn't work for me (using OpenDNS).
Works for me (using OpenDNS).
looks ok, We shall see.
Being relatively small project and company, do they really have official licenses for all those tracks?
I wouldn't have thought so. But then again, with a bit of creative accounting you could effectively sell the game with no content at all, then fill it with non chargeable mods. A small company in an even smaller niche market should be able to slip under the radar with that one.

As a matter of interest how much would a licensing agreement be for say Silverstone ? 50 - 60 thousand ?. Give a shady accountant a couple o' hundred quid, and the jobs a good'un.
#9 - JJ72
the only high point is the AI (or so they claim).
if you already haven't read the ASS vol. 3 num. 7 you'll find some interesting stuff about the business model and other stuff on page 24. i think i like it i hope he doesn't go kunos
Is there any kind of demo?
Looks like it
they stole lfs' crash physics. Bah they can keep those lol.
#15 - Juls
Imo vgp3 has a reasonably good collision system but no visual damage.

In this crash video on youtube the guy had no brakes at all and came full speed....he wrongly configured his controls.
http://www.vgp3depot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85

Here is another video with strong crashes and it looks better (be careful heavy music):
http://www.endoftheworldtv.com/vgp3/vgp3_crash.mov

Anyway...it would be better to have more videos from this sim...showing gameplay, physics...they write it has a learning AI like LFS had, but with realistic behavior.
Quote from Jimmy c :this video was to show the new Hungaroring Track not the driving

And it didn't even do that right, since the track in it is Imola.
Ahahaha.
lol tough crowd. Is it worth the download?
i... don't see a demo... why would i want to give 15 euros if i can't even see what the hell this is?
Quote from george_tsiros :i... don't see a demo... why would i want to give 15 euros if i can't even see what the hell this is?

"Try & buy"... oh wait.
Bumping this up since it now appears to have a demo. Downloading it right now...
dont bother its shit
Quote from Shotglass :dont bother its shit

I seem to agree with explainwhy you find it shit instead of just saying it's shit.

I find the car way to grippy and forgiving I can drive like complete dumbass and get away with it

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG