The online racing simulator
Virtual Grand Prix 3 (VGP3) Available
(29 posts, started )
Haven't really tried it enough so far, now that the demo is out but it struck me as a bit weird, maybe because of the disorienting sounds and the general chunkiness of the cars.

The engine or gearwhine (couldn't make out what it was supposed to be) has this continuous odd high pitched feedback sound that's like white noise going through a low-pass & chorus filter chain and the tyres seem to have no scrub sound - it's either scream or nothing so as I don't have a rape fetish that kinda put me off.

I'll have to comment on the FFB and the rest whenever I give it a proper playthrough, probably wearing earplugs if I can't find a way to adjust the sounds.
god that game looks awful, defiantly not downloading the demo.

Looks so bad
Tried the demo, meh.. its not bad for me.. but its definitely game for me, but that doesnt mean it isnt good or fun?
-
(Shotglass) DELETED by Shotglass
I've tried a bit too, the graphics are definitely behind the times, LFS looks gorgeous in comparison, and even the interface looks old school, though I suppose this is intentional and BTW it's quite comfortable to use.

The FFB in itself doesn't feel bad but Imola as a track is definitely too flat (there's only one spot which feels like there's some irregularity on the surface), and I'm wondering whether it relies on canned effects (e.g. the steering wheels becomes increasingly harder with speed)

The game is advertised as using FEM and other advanced techniques but TBH I wonder how a decent and proper FEM tyre model could be made to work in real time also such statements create expectations for a degree of realism that simply isn't in the game as it is now.

After trying VGP3 out I fired LFS again and took the BF1 around for some laps (I never drive that car usually), and I realized how tame was the experience in VGP3 in comparison.

Virtual Grand Prix 3 (VGP3) Available
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG