The online racing simulator
Did anyone watch Dragon's Den?
(7 posts, started )
Not quite doomed from the start. Do you know how Coulthard got the money to get into F1?
I think his old man was minted. not sure
Mark McCormack'a IMG group gave him an interest free loan, only repayable if he made it big in F1. The kicker was that like the young fella they also got a fair chunk of his wages in F1. He took IMG to court eventually to obtain a ruling that the contract was unfair - of course, he only did this after he had made it and was earning big money.
-
(lizardfolk) DELETED by lizardfolk
Quote :I think his old man was minted. not sure

Your thinking of Llaird Johnny Dumphries. He was quick too mind you. The lucky sod!

I just watched the pitch, "Jenson is no faster" lolz, not a winning attitude. Nice try, but no cigar... The business plan offered had no way of ever working, and he should have hounded Peter and Theo on the corporate hospitality and have demonstrated a plan that would have made it possible for him to reach F1 - giving away 40% now wouldnt leave much to give away later when they had to raise £5m for GP2.
The problem he had was he knew he aint ever getting to F1. So you could feel that.

COnsidering what he has achieved, not much, the fact Peter was nearly on the verge of giving 50k... WOW Gotta giv it to the lad... how CLOSE!
#7 - MR_B
If they had asked for sponsorship on the car instead from Peter's red letter days enterprise. He may have had a better chance!

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG