(99 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should the LX8 be enable?

Closed since :
Yes!
I don't care
No!
The what?
#26 - BIzO
Quote from hrtburnout :It's not hard to drive in S2.

Have you drive the LX8 GTR ? This car is hard to drive for a "noob"
now LFS is ready to generate V8 engine. try LFSTweak-Y and XRT with 8 cylinders ;D i also want to bring LX8 back.

btw anyone can share 0.5F version ?
Quote from The Stig PL :now LFS is ready to generate V8 engine. try LFSTweak-Y and XRT with 8 cylinders ;D i also want to bring LX8 back.

btw anyone can share 0.5F version ?

You can't unlock the LX8 as you cannot unlock past versions.
It would be good, but in 0.5F version it's undrivable, even on slicks...
But with some downforce it would be great carfor lfs (i hope so )
Quote from BIzO :The LX8 is hard to drive, 350hp for only 650kg !

Not so true,
Few months ago i created a LX8 in patch Y tweak from a LX6. It had slicks, around 340-360 horsepower and around 640 KG's. Because of the slicks, the car was not hard to drive actually.

Without slicks however it had wheelspin in few first gears etc, corners were had to taken carefully etc.

It was fast though, the acceleration was insane.

In terms of power and acceleration, it could compete against GTR cars, but first there should be wings on it for downforce, otherwise GTR cars eats LX8 alive in corners. With wings it could be called LX8 GTR, without wings its just a LX8.
holy shit 531 bhp per ton. That thing is light.
I voted no. The LX8 would be a contender for the least-driven car in LFS. The data for the old LX8 is probably unusable, because LFS has changed so much since then. That means it has to be developed from scratch. If the devs would spend time to develop a new car, there must be many other models that the time would be better spent on.
...indifferent to me, driving FWD and 4WD mostly anyway!
#35 - BIzO
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Not so true,
Few months ago i created a LX8 in patch Y tweak from a LX6. It had slicks, around 340-360 horsepower and around 640 KG's. Because of the slicks, the car was not hard to drive actually.

Actually, this is not the same physics !
This looks like a fun car to drive!I want it
Imho, the best car LFS could have, the LX8

It's not too hard to drive either with the current physics. I did host a server with a tweaked LX6, the LX7. With 336bhp, 545kg and road tires it was very enjoyable and controllable car and it surely required some finesse on slower corners, especially on twisty layouts. But the sheer acceleration capability is just mind bending

A perfect LX8: Road supers, rollcage, V8 with 350bhp and the Nordschleife
Quote from Hyperactive :
A perfect LX8: ...., rollcage, V8 with 350bhp and the Nordschleife

good idea
#39 - wild
I would love to see a new Car in LFS and the LX8 looks very nice. If they no longer have the models of the LX8 maybe they could remake them on memory or edit the LX6's one. They made the FBM in no time so I'm sure it Wouldn't be too hard to make.

If it's not the LX8 the Developers of LFS are thinking of implementing. I hopethey will add another great car or maybe a go-kart or something along those lines
Quote from Hyperactive :

A perfect LX8: Road supers, rollcage, V8 with 350bhp and the Nordschleife

As i said before, road supers + lx8 featherweight+350hp is not very enjoyable, especially on nordschleife where are some very dangerous corners.

Using road supers would be suicide, you want to have slicks. But if you plan to drift all the way, then offcourse get your road supers.
I don't care. The LX6 is already too hard for me to drive anyway. I wouldn't mind if they put it back in though. I'll probably drive it for it's aggresive styling, and engine note but I'll NEVER race with it.
Well is funny read this and everyone in the same way

But is a reality , LX8 never bring be back for the current vercion or newrs vercion´s of LFS
I'd try the LX8 for a while but I don't think it will be much of a success. Maybe if it was more sophisticated, with TC, slicks, good suspension and maybe some electronic stuff like in modern road supercars (Nissan GTR etc.)...all optional of course
#44 - aoun
Would be good to see a race spec LX car.

V8, Roll cage (as stated already), thick slicks, different bonnet and grill with in detail wheel/suspension areas.

Hard to control. Sound beautiful. Look awesome.

That's just me though!

+ id 100% chip in afew $$ with a whole heap of other people who would and sign a contract if i had to for authentication. wah, $10 AUD/6 EURO/4.5 Pounds? NP!
How about an LX2 first?
Quote from MijnWraak :How about an LX2 first?

Why not LX1 through 12? Maybe an LX12 with a twin turbo 80.0L engin? Wouldn't that be a beast? And then the LX1 to comete with the UF1
Quote from evilpimp :Why not LX1 through 12? Maybe an LX12 with a twin turbo 80.0L engin? Wouldn't that be a beast? And then the LX1 to comete with the UF1

LX1, with a 49,9 cc twotact engine
#48 - T.J.
I made myself a LX8 now in tweak.. Got it to match 100% to the pictures info.. It was quite easy to drive, but it required a gentle foot in the corners.. It is just a wild animal on slicks
Quote from evilpimp :Why not LX1 through 12? Maybe an LX12 with a twin turbo 80.0L engin? Wouldn't that be a beast? And then the LX1 to comete with the UF1

how abt a LX16, just put the veyron engine into it, W16:banana:
use up the fuel tank in 12 min and have to pit for fuel for every 5 laps
This thread is closed

Bring back the LX8
(99 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG