The online racing simulator
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :There is more to being part of a team than having previously won a championship or two. Alonso is a big whiner and winger and from all accounts someone that is intolerable to work with. To win championships you need a driver that can motivate the team in an effective manner. This driver must also be able to keep his cool in tough circumstances which would mean in all probability he/she would be able to bite their tongue and not say things they shouldn't say.

Alonso is a hothead and personally 7.6mil is too much. I don't care if he won the race to the moon, attitude means more than trophies... and Alonso has the worst attitude I have seen in a F1 driver. If it was me I would replace him with a driver with a better attitude which if this is true is probably why Renault is letting him go. They don't want the hassle of trying to deal with him all the time.

Alonso is only a whinger in the British press' portrayals.

I've hardly ever read anything negative about Alonso in commentaries from other countries. In fact, accounts from with Renault F1 seem to be very positive about Alonso, not negative.

The British press are so very quick to jump on even the slightest hint of negativity from Alonso, or the possibility that Alonso did something bad. Obviously there is sour taste from his rift with Hamilton and McLaren last year, but the British press should get over it.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch : Agree 100%

There is more to being part of a team than having previously won a championship or two. Alonso is a big whiner and winger and from all accounts someone that is intolerable to work with. To win championships you need a driver that can motivate the team in an effective manner. This driver must also be able to keep his cool in tough circumstances which would mean in all probability he/she would be able to bite their tongue and not say things they shouldn't say.

Alonso is a hothead and personally 7.6mil is too much. I don't care if he won the race to the moon, attitude means more than trophies... and Alonso has the worst attitude I have seen in a F1 driver. If it was me I would replace him with a driver with a better attitude which if this is true is probably why Renault is letting him go. They don't want the hassle of trying to deal with him all the time.

Apart from last season when he was put in ''Un favourable'' circumstances he never questioned hes teams motives over a driver, i think last season was just a conflict of intrest combined with a desire to win.

And i Doubt Renault will ever try to get rid of him, he is basically part of the family, he did everything from first win, pole, and championship there is a much bigger connection with Renault then with Mclaren.
Quote from samjh :Alonso is only a whinger in the British press' portrayals.

I've hardly ever read anything negative about Alonso in commentaries from other countries. In fact, accounts from with Renault F1 seem to be very positive about Alonso, not negative.

The British press are so very quick to jump on even the slightest hint of negativity from Alonso, or the possibility that Alonso did something bad. Obviously there is sour taste from his rift with Hamilton and McLaren last year, but the British press should get over it.

British press will do anything for a story even if its made during a dream.
Finally someone realized..

PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from Mustafur :Apart from last season when he was put in ''Un favourable'' circumstances he never questioned hes teams motives over a driver,

Actually in his last season with Renault - before the switch to McLaren - he accused Renault (his own team!) of trying to stop him winning the championship because they didn't want him to take the #1 with him to McLaren the following year.

He likes to invent conspiracies when things aren't going his way.
Quote from RMachucaA :In the BACK of the field

Alonso won because of the car, period. When they outlawed the mass dampering device they had in the renault, he plumeted like a stone, where he remains.

That's not true. Where was Fisichella? Sure he had race wins too... but Alonso kept the car on the road when it mattered.
Quote from RMachucaA :In the BACK of the field

Alonso won because of the car, period. When they outlawed the mass dampering device they had in the renault, he plumeted like a stone, where he remains.

He won like 3 races after that and managed to still take the title after shumi took the lead.

Facts > You
He proved himself to be pretty damn fast in a Minardi too, totally destroying his team mate and outperforming much faster cars on a regular basis.
Speaking of unfairness look at this video of Monza 06, were Alonso was apparently in Massas way so they punished him 5 places even though he was miles ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcUGC_GoVnc

This is seriously beyond stupid.
Quote from Mustafur :Speaking of unfairness look at this video of Monza 06, were Alonso was apparently in Massas way so they punished him 5 places even though he was miles ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcUGC_GoVnc

This is seriously beyond stupid.

That's why Charlie Whiting is now the race director at every F1 race, rather than relying on local stewards as used to happen. Ferrari + Italian Clerk of the Course = Baaaaaad. It certainly was one of the more ludicrous rulings F1 has come out with, and it wasnt even the FerrariIA who did it !

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG