The online racing simulator
Alonso set for £7.6m Honda switch
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/ ... et-7-6m-honda-switch.html

Might be smart, i dunno. Honda should be a top team next year, but looking at current circumstances, Alonso should stay put. He is moving around too much and not getting comfortable in a team to properly develop the car like he did with Renault before and like Schumi did with Ferrari and imo thats what is holding him back.
That's odd. I could swear I heard on Speed Report that he was bound to stay with Renault another year due to a contract clause.
Well, when i first saw it i thought 7.6m is a bit small for an F1 double champion. We will have to wait a bit and see i guess.
I'm warming up my "I told you so" hat, don't ask why I have a hat, I don't, I just mean I said he would switch to Honda and everyone laughed at me.
#5 - JJ72
IF it does happen, button and alonso in the same car would be great to watch.
Quote from JJ72 :IF it does happen, button and alonso in the same car would be great to watch.

In the BACK of the field

Alonso won because of the car, period. When they outlawed the mass dampering device they had in the renault, he plumeted like a stone, where he remains.
#7 - JJ72
I would expect mid field at least

Alonso is quite good this year actually.
7.6m is WAYYYY too less for a double world champion.
even Button is getting something like 24m.

as a Button fan: BRING ALONSO IN.
let Button shows the world what he got.

but as a Honda fan: keep alonso out.
i would rather keep Rubens and Button.
a one year contract wont do Honda any good.
plus Alonso would just keep whinging if Button beats him.
£7.6m (arounf $15m) is plenty for a double world champion that is known to whine and complain, and only wants a 1 year deal before going elsewhere (I don't think Ferrari will ever employ him though - too much baggage even for an Italian time).

Frankly, even though Alonso is driving better than ever, he should be offering himself to teams for free with his current reputation.
Wow Alonso to Honda nice move if its real.
I wouldn't be surprised if his first complaint is abot how the rabbit ears on the car don't let him see the road.
Briatore is making some strange management decisions these days. Honda have been nowhere since 2004 - what makes anyone think they'll be any faster next year?

I suppose if he just wants a fat pay check before going to Ferrari that would make sense. I don't see why Honda (or anybody) would want him for one year though.
Didn't Honda confirm Rubins and Button had signed contracts for next year and had ruled out signing Alonso on a one year contract only a few weeks ago ? Or did i dream that ?

If all this is true it yet again shows Alonso's true character. He really is an arse isn't he.
I Really dont get this?

Theres football Players going for like 20 Million. Who havent Really Succeded Any goodness in football Scored like 4 goals....

Then you see F1 Double World Champion Alonso Going for 7.6m?

Like WTF!
Quote from Jordan2007 :I Really dont get this?

Theres football Players going for like 45 Million. Who havent Really Succeded Any goodness in football Scored like 4 goals....

Like WTF!

45million?? this in USD? highest i know of it like £20 mil

But yeh, it is a low price.
7.6m for year isnt a bad deal, considering the footballers etc etc are for multi year contracts..

Its a shit load of cash to tour the back of the grid .
It only needs to be more than Renault are going to offer, no other team would consider having a driver for only 1 year. My guess is Honda want to bring in a younger driver to partner Button in 2010, and assuming they think Alonso will go to Ferrari, then they might want Alonso to give Button a bit of a boost and give him more motivation.
I hope he stays in Honda the rest of his career, would be really sad for me if that stupid guy goes to my dear Ferrari
Quote from NitroNitrous :I hope he stays in Honda the rest of his career, would be really sad for me if that stupid guy goes to my dear Ferrari

I hope he stays in Renault the rest of his career, would be really sad for me if that stupid guy goes to my dear Honda
Quote : as a Button fan: BRING ALONSO IN.
let Button shows the world what he got.

He's been doing that since he got into F1, and it's still frustrating to watch.

Quote :7.6m is WAYYYY too less for a double world champion.

I'd be happy!

Quote :Honda should be a top team next year

They should have been a top team a few years back, but they aren't.

Quote : plus Alonso would just keep whinging if Button beats him.

I just got this from Alonso's press office, "[insert team mate name here] has been at the team years, he's part of the fabric of the team and they preffer him, i'm not getting my idea of equal treatment."
Quote from BenjiMC :45million?? this in USD? highest i know of it like £20 mil

But yeh, it is a low price.

Real Madrid were prepared to pay £60m+ for Cristiano Ronaldo *shrug*
Quote from tristancliffe :£7.6m (arounf $15m) is plenty for a double world champion that is known to whine and complain, and only wants a 1 year deal before going elsewhere (I don't think Ferrari will ever employ him though - too much baggage even for an Italian time).

Frankly, even though Alonso is driving better than ever, he should be offering himself to teams for free with his current reputation.

Agree 100%

Quote from Jordan2007 :I Really dont get this?

Theres football Players going for like 20 Million. Who havent Really Succeded Any goodness in football Scored like 4 goals....

Like WTF!

There is more to being part of a team than having previously won a championship or two. Alonso is a big whiner and winger and from all accounts someone that is intolerable to work with. To win championships you need a driver that can motivate the team in an effective manner. This driver must also be able to keep his cool in tough circumstances which would mean in all probability he/she would be able to bite their tongue and not say things they shouldn't say.

Alonso is a hothead and personally 7.6mil is too much. I don't care if he won the race to the moon, attitude means more than trophies... and Alonso has the worst attitude I have seen in a F1 driver. If it was me I would replace him with a driver with a better attitude which if this is true is probably why Renault is letting him go. They don't want the hassle of trying to deal with him all the time.
[Insert team owner name here]:

"Yes he is a double world champion, can turn a piece of junk like the Renault in a winner car and brings in 8 digit sponsorships, but to hell with him he whines too much"

Unlikely.
Alonso won't be going to honda, if you read the link you can tell they have no evidence at all and its an assumption with a price on it.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :There is more to being part of a team than having previously won a championship or two. Alonso is a big whiner and winger and from all accounts someone that is intolerable to work with. To win championships you need a driver that can motivate the team in an effective manner. This driver must also be able to keep his cool in tough circumstances which would mean in all probability he/she would be able to bite their tongue and not say things they shouldn't say.

Alonso is a hothead and personally 7.6mil is too much. I don't care if he won the race to the moon, attitude means more than trophies... and Alonso has the worst attitude I have seen in a F1 driver. If it was me I would replace him with a driver with a better attitude which if this is true is probably why Renault is letting him go. They don't want the hassle of trying to deal with him all the time.

Alonso is only a whinger in the British press' portrayals.

I've hardly ever read anything negative about Alonso in commentaries from other countries. In fact, accounts from with Renault F1 seem to be very positive about Alonso, not negative.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG