The online racing simulator
i dont know if this is right or not.

For my racing (Formula 1600/Ford) i use left foot braking, and most cars that are pre-pared/made for racing does have an X-box gearbox wich means you can just lift off the throttle to change gears.

I think most cars nowadays doesnt require heel-toe technique it just requires you to tap the throttle as you gear down.

for lfs its very dependable on the car wich method i use, mostly its left foot braking, but sometimes i actually do go faster with right foot braking/Heel and toe technique, i mostly do it in the TBO cars. i like when i have full control of it all. Then its harder to make mistakes

And a reply for Unseen: Yeah. sounds like you got it right just remember to get the revs up before you take you foot of the clutch this can make the braking zone alot easier and better for the engine aswell(IRL afaik) other wise the engine will start accelerating while braking wich can cause front wheel to lock, what you do when you heel and toe/left foot braking whatever, when you blip the throttle its not for gaining speed, it is to make the rear wheels to go as fast~ as the Rearwheels

EDIT: if you look at the time thats what i am (13:37) xD
just to be awkward on my old lancer 2000 turbo i used to use my heal on brake and toe on throttle but that was due to the fact that at the time my ankle wouldn't bend the other way. on the x1/9 s i use the sides of my feet.

i've a mate who used to left foot brake his mg maestro everywhere when driving on the road to the extent of using the brake to control the wheelspin in tight bends whilst on full throttle,

untill he snapped a driveshaft

now he's a policeman !
Quote from Dennis93 :For my racing (Formula 1600/Ford) i use left foot braking, and most cars that are pre-pared/made for racing does have an X-box gearbox wich means you can just lift off the throttle to change gears.

I think most cars nowadays doesnt require heel-toe technique it just requires you to tap the throttle as you gear down.

for lfs its very dependable on the car wich method i use, mostly its left foot braking, but sometimes i actually do go faster with right foot braking/Heel and toe technique, i mostly do it in the TBO cars. i like when i have full control of it all. Then its harder to make mistakes

There are heaps of gearbox types, some of which will allow clutch-less gear changes. You have to know your machinery. Read your vehicle manufacturer's manual.

On most roadcars with H-pattern shifters, you should use the clutch to change gears. Some people do clutch-less shifts thinking that they're doing it right because the gearbox isn't making a grinding sound, but they don't realise that the synchros are just working extra hard to compensate for any small errors in their rev-matching. Of course large errors will result in that terrible grinding sound. Either way, it's not good for the gearbox, as roadcar H-pattern gearboxes are designed to be operated using the clutch.

Some racing and rally cars don't have sychros, and these can be shifted either by correct double-clutching (aka double-declutching), or by using clutchless shifts. If going clutchless, you're either using assistance from engine management (eg. ignition cut), or by doing it in fully manual way which has a few different methods: adjust the throttle just enough to remove pressure on the dog ring, and then move the gear shifter as fast as possible to the next gear; OR put pressure on the gear shifter, tap the clutch quickly to unload the dog ring, and slam the gear shifter to the next gear; same for downshifting, but you're adjusting the pressure on the dog ring using throttle blips. Drivers have their own preferences, so there is no "universally correct" method, apart from moving that gear shifter fast. Much depends on the machine and man.

In LFS, FBM has a non-synchro gearbox with ignition cut only for 1st and 2nd gears. LX4 requires clutch operation.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG