The online racing simulator
#1 - Mrwei
SOS.How I can know Player's IP from MPR?
Anyone knows?
I want to know some one's IP from the MPR.
#2 - Bean0
I hope this is not possible.
Quote from Bean0 :I hope this is not possible.

i hope that bean0 is right here too

It's not. You can only know his LFS username.
Did he wreck you and you want to take revenge?
Only the master server gets everyone's IP address'. Even the server you were playing on can't get the players IP, as far as I know
You probably could, by simply monitoring all connections to the server, however deciding which user is which is the problem. A "malevolent" way of finding which user, is a lot of /kick's... not the best way to a good server reputation.
Jeez you're argumentative today...All connections go through the master server, no?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :All connections go through the master server, no?

The function of the master server is to act as a list of hosts, not a proxy. The master server gives the clients the IP address of a server, and then they connect to the server's IP directly.

Quote from dougie-lampkin :Jeez you're argumentative today

There's alot of stupid posts today... :P
also the host.
As the host, open a dos box and type 'netstat' to get all ip's connected to your host(s). Though you still won't know which IP belongs to which user. So finding an automated way to bind an IP to a user is quite hard if not impossible (to do reliably).
Quote from wheel4hummer :The function of the master server is to act as a list of hosts, not a proxy. The master server gives the clients the IP address of a server, and then they connect to the server's IP directly.

I see...

Quote from wheel4hummer :There's alot of stupid posts today... :P

A lot of not-fully-reading-earlier posts around too...must be contagious
Vic... a "way" that it could be done (by my uneducated mind) is when a player connects to the server, an insim mod captures the output of netstat (Unix based OS's it'd be easier?), and then does a comparison and the "new" IP is that user. Not very easy or efficient, but possible if you really have some hate for a person.
yes but it's not reliable for when more people connect simultaneously. Network connections and 'new user connected' messages aren't necessarily in the same order. But hey, yeah if one really needs to find someone, it's possible to at least narrow it down.
#15 - SamH

Quote from hotmail :i hope that bean0 is right here too

If you log the racing on your server/s, you'll find IP information in there. Having someone's IP, these days, certainly doesn't give you power over them any more. Once upon a time, when everyone was connected to the net with 56K modems and nobody had a firewall, and if you knew what you were doing you could occasionally knock 'em offline for a moment etc. These days, everyone is either running a firewall or is sitting behind a router. You're safe as houses.

Even if the server hosts weren't able to get your IP, they can still figure out who's connected. Messages like "CR|Bean0 connected (Bean0)" are a dead giveaway
Quote from SamH : These days, everyone is either running a firewall or is sitting behind a router. You're safe as houses.

Its a pity that Citibank dont know that a basic firewall or a router will stop you getting haXXored!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new ... rom-stolen-PIN-codes.html

Maybe somebody should tell them

If the hackers want in, they will GET in, regardless of what we mere mortals throw in their way!
i do remember that when i was hosting a server a couple of weeks back that the ip adresses showed up while a new player connected while the network debug thingy was enabled..or is my memory fooling me there? Was a normal host and not dedicated though.
It does as a host (on the dedi application), but it doesn't for users (IIRC it doesn't for admins, but I may be mistaken.). Nor would it be saved in the MPR.
well im host and admin at the same time while hosting from in game rather then from the dedicated app if im not mistaken. But youre right about the network debug messages (or lets call em system messages...or whats the actual term for no "chat-feature" created messages? :shrug and such. They are not beeing recorded afaik (98.67% sure).
Hi everybody, im new in forum. Im a hackhead and the fact of multiplayer is that. All connections knows all connections IP. They work trough IP's. If its not possible, then even playng on internet is not possible. Logical thinking first guys huh?
Whatever about the host being able to see everyone's IP (guess I was wrong about that :shy, the users certainly cannot see each other's IPs. It's the host that relays information to each client, isn't it? (Don't tell me I'm wrong again!) So you could get the host's IP, but not other users
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Whatever about the host being able to see everyone's IP (guess I was wrong about that :shy, the users certainly cannot see each other's IPs. It's the host that relays information to each client, isn't it? (Don't tell me I'm wrong again!) So you could get the host's IP, but not other users

indeed, dont listen to the "hackhead" ...
Quote from 510N3D :indeed, dont listen to the "hackhead" ...

If u read my last post in this topic then u should realize that im talkin the truth. The all internet is based on IP adresses.
#24 - SamH
After due consideration, I have concluded that you don't actually know what you're talking about All connections do NOT need to know all connections' IP addresses, in LFS multiplayer. Only the host needs to know.
Yes, but not everybody can see each others IP. I'm on the same forum as you, yet I can't see your IP address. That's what I mean

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG