The online racing simulator
Interior Skinning???? Need Help.....
Hey There...Im wondering If anyone can Help me out...I would like to learn how to change my interiors....Pls and Thankyou....
Either the general discussion thread got moved, or you found the right place

If you just want new interiors, look around. There are many that have been released and you`d simply need to replace the files in your lfs data/dds folder with the new ones (after backing up the originals first). Some older interiors no longer work under patch Z tho, so be careful.

If you want to try making your own, you`ll need something like paint.net, the gimp or preferably photoshop, but that`s not worth buying unless you really know what you`re doing and can afford it. Either of the other two will do the job fine for playing around.

Name the car you fancy trying, your version of LFS and I`ll point you to the files.
Re:
I already Have Photoshop and I would Preferably like To Do XRG,XRT, And The XFG...Thankyou So Much For Replying So Fast....Im Learning How To Do My own Things On LFS so that I may in the future make more for other people...Thanks again..!

DK_USA
Here`s a small (hopefully accurate) list of most of the interior textures for the XRG/T and XFG under patch Z.

XR_Interior1.dds - Main XRG/T textures
XR_Interior2.dds - Main XRG/T textures
XRdialsALP24.dds - XRG/T Dashboard dials
XR_felt1.dds - XRG/XRT internal roof material
FZ_leather2.dds - XRG/T/R Dash material
seat_XRGT.dds - XRG/T front seat

XF_Interior1.dds - Main XFG textures
XF_Interior2.dds - Main XFG textures
XF_cloth1.dds - XFG internal roof material
XF_plastic1.dds - XFG/R Dash and internal trim material
XFdialsALP24.dds - XFG Dashboard dials
XFgt_carpet.dds - XFG Floor/Boot material
seatcloth_2b.dds - XFG seat material 1
seatcloth_1b.dds - XFG seat material 2 (Also used for XRR seat material)

Leather3.dds - New road steering wheel material (Also used for XFG seat material 3, and XFG shifter surround)
Leather3_stitch.dds - New road steering wheel main stitching
Leather3_join.dds - New road steering wheel top stitch (Also used for XFG seat stitching)

Not a totally full list, but it should be enough to get you going.

Just back up all the files first, and pay attention to the DDS format and alpha channels when you`re saving the files. Most of the files are DXT1 format, with no useable alpha channel, but some are DXT3 with explicit alpha.

Also, it`s best to always save with full mipmaps.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers.
Thanks
What is the material only for steering wheel in xfg?
Ummm Ive Been Trying To Edit Them But I Cant Get The DDS Converter To Convert...Can Someone Pls Help......
Thanks Again Unseen, Again You Help Me out!!! Thanks Again!!!!!
Hey Unseen can u help me get the dds convertor for paint
If you are using M$ Paint, it`s not a good idea. One of the other free programs like paint.net or GIMP would be far better and are worth trying to learn

If you just need the converter to change between file formats, or convert to dds, it`s right over here on the database - http://www.lfs-database.com/in ... nid=92&p13_fileid=485
use paint.net and there is also a psd plugin for it.
ty Guys I also have seriff photplus will that do

now have paint.net

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG