The online racing simulator
We're not talking about the GT40 - a beautiful car. We're talking to the fat modern version. No matter what you do, there is no getting around it weighs a LOT. No only would an Atom or a Radical be quicker at most circuits, it would also be cheaper and more entertaining. In my opinion of course.
I guess. But Jeremy seemed to love the Ford GT and it's cornering aswell. It's true that a Radical would suit hardcore racing more but he can't go around the streets in that on a Sunday cruising around relaxing after his hard week of work. It's a personal choice and like you said, it's your opinion but not everyone thinks the same. I would personally have tried to get into single seater racing if I had that kind of money.
Personally I'd strongly recommend you don't start doing your first proper track days in a Ford GT, or anything else particularly fast. If you turn up in a fast car you'll find it much harder to gain confidence and improve your driving, and should you fall off (you will at some point) you're more likely to get away with it in a slower car and you won't be the idiot who's got all the gear and no idea. Something low powered and reasonably well balanced, like an old hatch back or an MX5 would be far better to get the hang of driving on the limit.

Quote from Christopher Raemisch :I have seen people use 4 point harnesses but the problem is in a hard collision you can slide out from under the harness.

With suitable bucket seats in a relatively upright conventional driving position four point belts should be fine, five or six point are better but not required for a lot of competition use and more convenient in a road car.

Quote from tristancliffe :We're not talking about the GT40 - a beautiful car. We're talking to the fat modern version. No matter what you do, there is no getting around it weighs a LOT. No only would an Atom or a Radical be quicker at most circuits, it would also be cheaper and more entertaining. In my opinion of course.

The modern Ford GT is probably a pretty capable car but you would want to strip it down to make a good track car, which seems like a horrible waste of money. If you want a modern V8 track car a stripped down Corvette might be a better option. I would certainly look at what second hand racing cars or track day specials could be had for much less than a Ford GT before buying one for solely track use.
Or you could just get a westfield XTR, get it built by someone else, and still have enough left to buy a M5 .
How many people read the first sentence of the first post? The man said that he was going to buy a GT. Why should he have to hear you guys critisize his taste in vehicles?

The GT will be a hoot on the track. Though, I do recommend running an event or two with something else before you decide to put down the money on such an expensive hobby.

One word on sefety. A GT can get away from you real quick. It should be equipped with a roll cage, harnesses, and racing seats. For your own sake, you should use a closed face helmet and a HANS.
I wish I was about to buy a Ford GT in autumn, but like others I wouldn't unless it was as a road car primarily, no matter how much I loved them. If you're only going to trailer it everywhere why not buy a proper track car?, or better yet, a race car, and race it?
Easy to criticise someone's choices of course, in the end do what you want because doing what you want is the best part about having the money to do what you want

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG