The online racing simulator
I need help
(6 posts, started )
I need help
Hi builders

I have a layout here. Its made for KyotoOval with mrt.
The layout seems to be ok and is going well, but its not possible to start a race.
Only one raceer is placed on the startline. All others are forced to spectatemode.
Why?
And why is it not possible to switch between qualy and race?
Maybe someone can help me out here?

best regards
Voodoo
Attached files
KY1_TR_Erdnuss.lyt - 3.4 KB - 152 views
Quote from Voodoo99 :Hi builders
I have a layout here. Its made for KyotoOval with mrt.
The layout seems to be ok and is going well, but its not possible to start a race.

You cannot start a race, because you places a start arrow, meaning only one person can join at a time, no start grid.

Quote from Voodoo99 :
Only one raceer is placed on the startline. All others are forced to spectatemode.
Why?

Are you sure they are spectates? It could be that they either: follow the wrong route, or that you have the option /autokick=spec , because the layout goes the wrong way to start off, and loops back.

Quote from Voodoo99 :
And why is it not possible to switch between qualy and race?
Maybe someone can help me out here?

Because you only have one start point, you cant make all the players start on it, or they would go shooting in different directions when moved.

Hoped that helped
Attached files
TR_Erdnuss first run.mpr - 105.9 KB - 158 views
Thank you for your help.

How can i place a startgrid then? I thought the startline (the green arrow) would do it. I can place only one startarrow in a layout!? So only one racer can drive? It seems to make no sense.
If i use the default-startline , i get wrongdirection-messages after the turningpoint.

The layout self is going well, so there should be no wrong directions after restart. But like i wrote, all drivers go to autospectate after racerestart. Could have something to do with autospectate. I will check it.

So one question is left: How can i place a startline for all racers, and not only one?

best regards
Voodoo
Quote from Voodoo99 :Thank you for your help.

How can i place a startgrid then? I thought the startline (the green arrow) would do it. I can place only one startarrow in a layout!? So only one racer can drive? It seems to make no sense.

You can either have a start grid (by removing the arrow), but that would make people appear on both sides of the barrier, or you could leave the arrow there, and let people join individually.

Quote from Voodoo99 : If i use the default-startline , i get wrongdirection-messages after the turningpoint.

As long as they don't get spectated (/autokick=no) its not such a big deal, but you can also use /cruise=yes to get rid of the message

Quote from Voodoo99 : The layout self is going well, so there should be no wrong directions after restart. But like i wrote, all drivers go to autospectate after racerestart. Could have something to do with autospectate. I will check it.

yes, /autokick=no should prevent it

Quote from Voodoo99 : So one question is left: How can i place a startline for all racers, and not only one?

You cant, its the way LFS is programmed
Again, thank you for your help.
I sorted it out. We're testing now on TeamWeizen#2

Voodoo
Great If you need any more help, just ask

I need help
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG