The online racing simulator
lag on 5 second intervals
(12 posts, started )
Lately whenever I try to play online the game starts to "lag" every five seconds. The game runs fine in single player and has done so previously in multiplayer too. It's really annoying when the screen freezes every 5-10 seconds, eventhough it's just a fraction of a second. This happens no matter what the ping is.

My connection and system is same as allways and I get good FPS.

I'm completely lost, might cause this?
I've had this problem in the s2 demo days and i had it about a week ago. It appears to be a problem with the connection. Are you on 56k? If so its probably a dodgy phoneline or something. The problem went away after about a day.
Quote from juhonieminen :Lately whenever I try to play online the game starts to "lag" every five seconds. The game runs fine in single player and has done so previously in multiplayer too. It's really annoying when the screen freezes every 5-10 seconds, eventhough it's just a fraction of a second. This happens no matter what the ping is.

My connection and system is same as allways and I get good FPS.

I'm completely lost, might cause this?

GPU overheating?

Have u tried to limit FPS?

Edit : due to players's skins, it's possible, even if there's no problem in single player (most AI haven't a skin)
I have tried limiting FPS-> no help
My FPS is allways over 70 even at higher resolutions.
I have a 2MB / 512k connection so speed should not be an issue.
Player skins have caused small lags when entering a game but it has allways disappeared when all the skins were loaded.
I also tried to run the game 640 x 480 but it still has the same problem.

Again the game has worked perfectly before until now. I've played S2 from the day it was released with no issues until this thing came along.
Have you got the very latest video and BIOS drivers? this seemed to help in other games for me when i had some small glitches and things like that.
Another suggestion is to stop things that are running in the background. For me, Trillian (yes, really) was causing this.

Cheers,

Allan.
Quote from Dibblah :Another suggestion is to stop things that are running in the background. For me, Trillian (yes, really) was causing this.

Cheers,

Allan.

Yes, I would also think this is caused by some "background" activity
It could be anything from spyware to a new mousedriver...

#8 - Gunn
Using Emule? Check that it has actually shut down by using ctrl+alt+delete and checking task manager/processes. Emule has a bug in the latest few versions where it won't always shut down even though the program dissappears from screen. Data keeps uploading effectively stifling your connection for other use.

As stated by others here, anything running that does any automatic updating or checking online should be axed.
Ran virus check, ad-aware, disk defragmenter, cleaned windows startup registry. -> No help. Then suddenly the problem disappeared!
I take it that the problem was with my ISP. Dunno. Thanks anyways for trying to help guys!
Hi,
i have the same problem.
The games freezes every few seconds for a little while.
It's only in the multiplayer, but it's not in the multiplayer-replays. In the replay it runs fine.
In Singleplayer i have no probs, too.

It's the first time having this problem, the last months the game runs fine.

I tried a few things but it doesn't help. (ad-aware, spybot, anti-virus, regcleaner, shut down all progs like firewall etc.)

Does someone have any suggestions?
If you have other USB devices than the wheel, try disconnect them.
(guessing you have a wheel )

Try increasing minimum sleep

Thank you SniperX, problem solved.

I think your suggestion was the solution, but i also tried a few others and finally it worked.

Thanks for your help!

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG