The online racing simulator
A frenchy who speacks like a spanish cow
Hi there.

I'm Bft-master, I gonna be banned from ctra servers for a mid term..

All details here :

Why I can't join any CTRA server now?
Because you removed people from the grid while waiting for a new track to load.
People who do things like that don't deserve the privilege of playing LFS online. You're lucky it wasn't permanent.
Hey, If you look at the date of start of the ban, it's near to end of april... we are in july... and i can't join, THIS is the PROBLEM...

After, for the reason of the ban, i never ask anybody to judge me
#5 - Worm
Bft-master has been banned, but now, it should be able to access to the CTRA server coz the BAN was only for one month. But, currently after 3 months he seems to be still banned. So If someone could unban him, it would be great.
Thanks.
Thx worm, I think they understand my request now

But, I don't remember why I kick the others players from the grid, but I think there is a good reason, it's not my politic to kick a player who respect the rules of a clean and fair race.
Ah, I misunderstood you, my apologies
how does a spanish cow speaks?
AFAIK the ban starts from the first time you try to connect to the server after the ban has been issued. Have you not tried to join since you were kicked the first time?
#10 - Dru
should be free to race once more...
Quote from mcintyrej :AFAIK the ban starts from the first time you try to connect to the server after the ban has been issued. Have you not tried to join since you were kicked the first time?

It's probably the problem... Because I just try to connect yesterday
#13 - SamH
Dru has very kindly unbanned you. Just to be clear, though, you MUST NOT remove people from the start grid.

We usually wait for people to appeal before unbanning them, so that we can be sure that they understand that what they did is not permitted, and so that they will not do it again in the future.

As Jack (mcintyrej) rightly says, the ban *starts* the first time you try to join the server, after receiving your ban, so sometimes bans don't start for MONTHS after they've been issued. But a ban is not very effective if it comes and goes while you are in Barbados, sipping pina coladas.

We want to get drivers' attention when we ban them, so that they WANT to fix the problem with their behaviour, and that is why we wait until you want to race and then we tell you why you can't.
@samH

If someone removes you from starting grid, how do i report this? i did report one guy that removed me from start grid. i did report it the same way when you report someone wo crashes u on purpose. ( lap numer, explenation )

is this ok?
Quote from SamH :As Jack (mcintyrej) rightly says, the ban *starts* the first time you try to join the server, after receiving your ban, so sometimes bans don't start for MONTHS after they've been issued. But a ban is not very effective if it comes and goes while you are in Barbados, sipping pina coladas.

Does it say this on MyCTRA anywhere ?
I would most likely see I was banned on there, and not try to join until the ban was over.

I'm asking because this seems to crop up at least once a month now.

Edit: Youcoulnd't give the UKCT FTP server a punch in the nads could you, its misbehaving again
Quote from henrico-20- :@samH

If someone removes you from starting grid, how do i report this? i did report one guy that removed me from start grid. i did report it the same way when you report someone wo crashes u on purpose. ( lap numer, explenation )

is this ok?

I think the chat logs are watched for people removing others from the grid anyway. Not sure, though.
The replay does not include the Race End screen, so, reporting start grid removals is of no use. As soon as someone is removed from the start grid by another driver, a different kind of report is automatically generated and the mandatory response of a mid-term ban is given.

At least, that was how I understood it

Sam
#18 - Dru
correct - people removing others form the grid are automatically recorded.

This means then when the logs are checked we can see who has done this and then they are given the punishment
ohh okey then

then i can cancel that report! good solution though! i realy hate when you are in the front of the grid and changing your set. comming back to click ready and someone scrapped you fromj the list. and then also a full field.. aaargh
Quote from henrico-20- :ohh okey then

then i can cancel that report! good solution though! i realy hate when you are in the front of the grid and changing your set. comming back to click ready and someone scrapped you fromj the list. and then also a full field.. aaargh

I do know what u mean it is very anoying
Quote from henrico-20- :ohh okey then

yeah i've been wondering - it is against the rules to switch positions? When the race ends I am usually the first on the grid because i got l33t clicking skills, and once in a while while im finding a set, i come back to menu and find out someone switched places with me. I switch places with him, and click ready asap. I would hope there is something to stop this as it is very annoying.
#22 - SamH
Quote from Bean0 :Does it say this on MyCTRA anywhere ?
I would most likely see I was banned on there, and not try to join until the ban was over.

I'm asking because this seems to crop up at least once a month now.

It's rare for it to happen, but it has a couple of times in the past. I wrote some very specific and particular MyCTRA usage logs to refer back to, and it's generally easy with a couple of clicks to make a fair determination on whether someone has seen their ban in MyCTRA and not collected it in-server as a result. Case-by-case, of course, but in the vast majority of cases the people who attract things such as bans haven't entered any info in the server, haven't created a MyCTRA password and the first they've heard of the website is when they're trying to find out why they can't get into the CTRA servers.
Quote from Bean0 :Edit: Youcoulnd't give the UKCT FTP server a punch in the nads could you, its misbehaving again

I suspect I gave it a kick soon after you had problems.. I've been having the same issues today with it and I've asked Dave to take a look at it.
#23 - SamH
Quote from MijnWraak :yeah i've been wondering - it is against the rules to switch positions? When the race ends I am usually the first on the grid because i got l33t clicking skills, and once in a while while im finding a set, i come back to menu and find out someone switched places with me. I switch places with him, and click ready asap. I would hope there is something to stop this as it is very annoying.

We've no means by which to track this at the moment. If/when it becomes possible, we will
bft-master : not the first time you have behaved like a total tw*t on the CTRA servers.

You deserve everything you get

If it was up to me, it would have been permanent.

Dru - yer too generous :rolleyes:
#25 - Dru
Quote from HVS5b :

If it was up to me, it would have been permanent.

Dru - yer too generous :rolleyes:

First time anyone has called me that.... The purpose of the CTRA is to make sure that people 'learn from thier mistakes' so its only natural that people will get a second chance... what they do with that second chance determines if they are going to be about to be on the christmas card list

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG