The online racing simulator
Brisca F1 stockcar
(20 posts, started )
Brisca F1 stockcar
Watched these race last night, just decided to post about them. ^^

Stockcar racing, (Brisca F1s) Is mainly all in england.

Some of the tops drivers, 391 Andy smith #1 Stuart Smith
Are spending up to 30,000£ On a engine.

There engine are V8's most are chevys from 600-1000 BHP

There fully contact (Smashing eachother into the corner usaly)

Heres, a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 7v17M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... I8w9s&feature=related

Racer325
Attached images
391.jpg
cue the *OMG no contact is allowed ever in racing* brigade....
What u mean?
#4 - 5haz
Yeah, I saw those at the Autosport show at the NEC when they had the indoor races, they were fantastic.
#5 - kirmy
general racing talk anyone?
So, its like an oval version of fast bumper cars?
Quote from Racer325 :What u mean?

the people who despise any sort of contact in any sort of racing who seem to hang out on this forum
....just wait till the anti oval brigade get in aswell

My Dads mate races Brisca F2's. They are pretty much the same, except the have smaller engines. Ford Pinto engines or Vauxhall C20XE (Rep Top) IIRC.

They look like fun, I would do it, but oval racing doesn't appeal to me.
Quote from mookie427 :the people who despise any sort of contact in any sort of racing who seem to hang out on this forum

I think you're missing the point, banger racing is fun, the Brisca cars were impressive at the Autosport Show and watching banger racing at my local track on a Summers evening is amusing as well.

The issue comes when people can't separate the two, with some younger forum members thinking that Saxmax is a simple progression from banger racing and plenty of gaumless idiots thinking that contact, intenional or not, is in any way acceptable in circuit racing as has been seen in a lot of major touring car championships in recent years.
I don't think anything is a progression from banger racing, it's in a class of it's own. And it's generally accepted now AFAIK that BTCC/Touring Cars has a certain degree of contact involved, not full blown contact by any means but pushing and shoving to get past etc

but it seems there's still a minority of (mostly) 'foreign' people who seem to despise any sort of contact in any sort of motor racing, and those who class banger racers and people who like banger racing as 'noobs', 'wreckers', 'pikeys' etc
Quote from mookie427 :I don't think anything is a progression from banger racing, it's in a class of it's own.

Precisely, banger racing is not proper motor racing and should not be confused with it.

Quote :And it's generally accepted now AFAIK that BTCC/Touring Cars has a certain degree of contact involved, not full blown contact by any means but pushing and shoving to get past etc

All motor racing is strictly non-contact. Obviously in practice cars will touch in close racing but there must be no advantage gained from the contact. Things have got very bad recently and it filtered into club racing a couple of years ago in the 750MC, after several big accidents from avoidable but not intentional car to car contact people seem to have settled down, but I think it took a guy getting cut out of a car that had ploughed through a marshal post (thankfully with only minor injuries) to ram the message home. Circuit racing is relatively safe and is a non-contact activity, it gets dangerous if cars start going off in places they aren't expected to either by mechanical failure or by making contact. If you take another car out by deliberately trying to 'push or shove it to get past' you would have no defence to a charge of manslaughter should the worst happen.
Quote from ajp71 :Precisely, banger racing is not proper motor racing and should not be confused with it.

I doubt you've ever seriously watched banger racing and you think it's just a bunch of thick-necked yuppies in old cars crashing into each other, well, you'd be wrong. There are a great deal of seriously talented racers in banger racing, and, sure they get moaned at on the internet for not crashing but they drive the tits off their cars better than some 'proper' racing drivers could ever hope to do
-
(SamH) DELETED by SamH : No longer needed
-
(mookie427) DELETED by SamH : No longer needed
Quote from mookie427 :I doubt you've ever seriously watched banger racing and you think it's just a bunch of thick-necked yuppies in old cars crashing into each other, well, you'd be wrong. There are a great deal of seriously talented racers in banger racing, and, sure they get moaned at on the internet for not crashing but they drive the tits off their cars better than some 'proper' racing drivers could ever hope to do

I appreciate that banger racing requires driving skill and there is a degree of engineering involved (but aside from engine building there is a limit to how technical you can make solid rear axles lifted straight out of road cars and angle grinders and hammers sound) but it is very different to circuit racing. Banger and stock car racing in all its forms in the UK involves a degree of deliberate contact at low speeds on short circuits. Circuit racing is non-contact at much faster speeds.
guess we'll never see eye-to-eye eh?
Quote from mookie427 :guess we'll never see eye-to-eye eh?

Over what? I still don't see how it is difficult to completely separate touring cars and banger/stock car racing, one is a contact sport one is not.
Quote from ajp71 :Over what? I still don't see how it is difficult to completely separate touring cars and banger/stock car racing, one is a contact sport one is not.

Bangers and StockCar racing are 2 totaly diffrent forms of racing
dont confuse them

Quote from ajp71 :Over what? I still don't see how it is difficult to completely separate touring cars and banger/stock car racing, one is a contact sport one is not.

you coulda fooled me the way btcc is going....
Quote from mookie427 :you coulda fooled me the way btcc is going....

Driving standards are appalling and there is no question that they have been allowed to drop to please primitive TV viewers, as soon as a serious accident happens it will all change, unfortunately given the number of big accidents caused by car to car contact I don't think there's long to wait.
For sure the BTCC needs to improve re. driving standards, WTCC level would be about right as they don't have what in sim racing would be termed as revenge wrecking.

Brisca F1 stockcar
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG