The online racing simulator
Movie Effects
(8 posts, started )
Movie Effects
Can anyone please advise on any tips for implementing visual effects in Sony Vegas? I am trying to make my video look like an authentic movie as much as possible by altering the brightness/contrast and colour settings but don't seem to be having much luck at the moment, compared to other works I've seen. I am simply aiming for a realistic look, so I am not in need of anything flashy and extravagant.
Quote from Start Wars :Can anyone please advise on any tips for implementing visual effects in Sony Vegas? I am trying to make my video look like an authentic movie as much as possible by altering the brightness/contrast and colour settings but don't seem to be having much luck at the moment, compared to other works I've seen. I am simply aiming for a realistic look, so I am not in need of anything flashy and extravagant.

you should probaly ask Lynce about that one, he's 1337!
#3 - dadge
if you're trying to make the film look aged then all you have to do is use the old film video effect in sv8.
Quote from Dennis93 :you should probaly ask Lynce about that one, he's 1337!

He is, but he uses After Effects, not Vegas.
Quote from dadge :if you're trying to make the film look aged then all you have to do is use the old film video effect in sv8.

I'm trying to make it look more like a modern movie, with darker tones for example to make it more realistic. I have seen it in previous works before, but I am new to Vegas.
Quote from Start Wars :I'm trying to make it look more like a modern movie, with darker tones for example to make it more realistic. I have seen it in previous works before, but I am new to Vegas.

Use brightness and contrast?
I have been trying that, but it doesn't look right on its own somehow which leads me to believe I need to be using a combination of effects.
Not sure how Vegas would go about implementing it but "color curves" is the answer - apply an S-Curve and if the program allows compress your levels a bit or move them to adjust a higher range. Toning down the saturation can help a bit, although LFS's texture colours are usually good in that aspect.

Movie Effects
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG