What is this? Sorry for my poor english. Thanks for your answering
Attached images
snap0055.jpg
Ping bars

Green is OK, Red = your connection (or some1 elses) is timing out
Blue bars are other people/host whatever
Green bar is you
#3 - Nard
Rather, Green bar is the car you're following. Higher the 'fingers' are, the more latency you have to that particular car. red bars means lots of lost info and usually if everything goes red, someone's timing out.
Quote from Nard :Rather, Green bar is the car you're following. Higher the 'fingers' are, the more latency you have to that particular car. red bars means lots of lost info and usually if everything goes red, someone's timing out.

By "...the car you're following" I believe he means the car you are currently viewing. If you tabbed into another person's car it would be his car. If you are in your own car, it would be your's. When you see them all climbing to red, usually someone is about to time out and get disconnected. If you are climbing to red, you may be about to get disconnected. In your screenshot, that would be someone else timing out since they are all going red (unless you are viewing in someone else's car. Then it could be you timing out.)
And now for the complete answer . I remember asking the same question at RSC, got the following reply from Scawen:

Quote from Scawen@RSC :
Technical :

The blue and green bars (which move quickly) represent the number of "game packets" that have been already sent by each player but have not been "used". The "game" only eats game packets when it has them for all players, this is how the game model stays in sync. Going from left to right it starts with the host, then guest1, guest2 etc (as seen in the N list of connections). The green one is your own. When one player lags, you will see his reserve packets are at zero, and everyone else's go up and up at that point, while the game is not able to process game packets. The grey bars are the average of the other players bars, as seen by the other players, and transmitted to your pc for info. Note : car positions come in "pos packets" not game packets - pos packets are not "in-sync" and are processed immediately.

How to read the coloured bars :

1) all jumping up and down nicely, all have good connections.

2) one player keeps getting stuck at the bottom (others rise) then recovering - intermittent lag from that player to host.

3) all keep getting stuck at the bottom and only your green one going up - intermittent lag between you and the host (you aren't getting the other players' game packets).

4) extreme of (2) that player will time out.

5) extreme of (3) you will time out.

6) all bars going half way up the screen way above the red zone - bug!

Thanks for the info, always wanted to know that, here in Malaysia, we tend to lag at a lot of the servers from many different regions or countries.

I'm using 1mbps adsl broadband btw, still tend to lags at most servers.

It means...?
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG