The online racing simulator
New G25 wheel
(6 posts, started )
New G25 wheel
Hi all, I need a little assistance, I've just brought the G25 wheel to update my faithful DFP and I'm getting a message to do with the axes. Here what comes up:
"CreateEffect failed (1 axes)
Could not set up FF steer device"

It seems I'm not getting feed back when on the bumpy bits of the track but there is force on the wheel, meaning it's not limp when turning.
Before you go into the profiler bits and pieces I've double checked all the settings and carried over my DFP setup. I'm using the latest drivers 5.02 and there were no issues on the DFP with these drivers and patch Z. It appears to be within LFS in the controller page and the game is not recognising something.
Thanks for any assistance.
#2 - Bean0
Did you uninstall, and reinstall drivers ?

Might be worth a go, doesn't take long either.
Yeah, get rid of all drivers and reinstall them. If you don't then it seems they get all emo and can't let go of their beloved DFP, not realizing a much better replacement has been installed already.
Thanks guys, uninstalled the drivers. Had to get rid of all my profiles on my PC for it to work but got there in the end.
how you finding the new G25 in comparison to the faithful DFP?
Quote :how you finding the new G25 in comparison to the faithful DFP?

It's taking me little bit to get used to, I got into the bad habbit of left foot braking and as a result I keep on pressing on the clutch to brake

But the wheel has a much better feel about it than the DFP, the feedback to the wheels more precise, and the quality and firmness of the pedals are a big improvement.

At the moment my times are slower, but this is due to the learning of wheel, I've only done about 5 hours with it and most of that is in single player as I don't want to get a rep as a wrecker

Also I've gone into rfactor, (don't laugh) and to my amaziment the G25 is very suited to this game and I've been having some fun there again just single player driving Bathurst and 'The Ring' you don't seem to have the lack of feel in rfacor as I did with the DFP.

If you need to replace you wheel and can afford the extra cash it's seems at this early stage well worth it.

New G25 wheel
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG