The online racing simulator
skins
(13 posts, started )
#1 - pab
skins
hi can any 1 help ive paid my £3 in to lfs world so i can download skins when i join a game it says its downloading the skins i havent a clue wrer or what to do help please thanks paul
#2 - Bean0
The £3 you paid allows you to download higher quality versoins of the skins than you could already. These are skins worn by other racers of course, you cannot download skins to use yourself in-game.

You can choose whether or not to download the higher res skins in the Misc Menu.
Choose 1024 for hires car skins and 512 for hires helmet skins. Change back to the lower options to use the lowres (free) skins again.
#3 - Kdovi
btw is it possible to buy lfsw credits for someone else?
You can buy 12 and 24 pound vouchers that they can use to get LFSW credit.
Didn't want to start a new thread for this 'cos it's kinda related, so ...

Does using the hi-res skins affect frame rates/ 'puter performance at all?

I know if you've got a real whizz-bang machine you prolly won't even notice, but for those among us who need to carefully engineer as many fps out of our machines as possible ...?
#6 - Bean0
Quote from dungbeetle :Didn't want to start a new thread for this 'cos it's kinda related, so ...

Does using the hi-res skins affect frame rates/ 'puter performance at all?

I know if you've got a real whizz-bang machine you prolly won't even notice, but for those among us who need to carefully engineer as many fps out of our machines as possible ...?

Yes, hires skins will impact framerate on some machines.
Quote from Bean0 :Yes, hires skins will impact framerate on some machines.

Ah, thought they might.

Best if I stick to lo-res for now then.

Thanks Bean0.
#8 - pab
ok thanks really good
I`ll use this topic for my question, if you don`t mind.

Is it possible to download my own uploaded skins from LFSWorld? There`s a skin I`d like to get back, lost it becouse I bought new computer.
Quote from Qvarnis :I`ll use this topic for my question, if you don`t mind.

Is it possible to download my own uploaded skins from LFSWorld? There`s a skin I`d like to get back, lost it becouse I bought new computer.

Go to LFS World, select the skin you've uploaded ('View skin'), then right click on it and select "Save image as..."
But they'll be 512x512. I don't know any other method, thought
Damn, guess I just have to make new one then.:Kick_Can_
There is a link at the top of the skins page on LFS World that enables you to download a zip of all your uploaded skins in either 1024x or 512x size as you so wish.
Quote from count.bazley :There is a link at the top of the skins page on LFS World that enables you to download a zip of all your uploaded skins in either 1024x or 512x size as you so wish.

Oh right on!! Thanks!!

skins
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG