The online racing simulator
A new meaning to drifting
(203 posts, started )
Only the things I like are worthwhile, everything else is pointless and stupid. People who like things I don't like are a$$holes.
Look... All hes doing is trying to make a point, Not that he hates Drifting ,because he doesnt say that...Its just people who only care about there hotlap dont appreiciate people like me or kingpin, or Crabster Drifter... If you cant Drift or hate it..Then why waist your time at it....either practice or go back to oval racing.....

ANYONE CAN DRIVE...............................................BUT SOME CAN DRIFT
a new meaning to drifting
Grinn, i guess with the hostilities between groups of posters here there's nothing "loving" around here, is there?

You've all come together to thrash makeshift cars around a track that's also made up (and brilliantly unique i might add)
yet most of you dont know how to communicate properly, thus proving the online anger of this game is quite pathetic... there are racers who are curtious, but by reading these posts here i feel like i've come upon the biggest "gareths" of this community. Way to go.. really... you give this community the much desired love this game is giving back to you, in trade of your sparetime. NOT.

Personally.. i dont give a rat's behind for what you think is right or wrong.. most of you are so scrambled in the upper quarter that i just cant think of a right "corner" to put you. You might race fine, from time to time, but i guess when seeing a car entering a corner a bit wide, most of you jump the gap and simply push the other car aside without even a simple sorry.. his race ends and you gain a place.. hardly a gentlemen's sport you are actively corresponding in here about.

be it racing or drifting.... you "commentors" to me are just wreckers, the "reply'ers" are the one's i'd trust on track.

Oh.. and here's a bit of racing COMBINED with some drifting(and no i'm crap at that too), courtesy of Mark who was grinning from ear to ear till it hurt last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFTCCM0hWFU

Yes.. i DID make mistakes.. and i apologized for the blunders on ventrilo.

Would be cool if some moderator would stand up and actually moderate this community with unbiased ruling.

Such a nice game, such a-holes in the forum.
Quote from southamptonfc :Only the things I like are worthwhile, everything else is pointless and stupid. People who like things I don't like are a$$holes.

+1
Quote from Frankestein01nl :Grinn, i guess with the hostilities between groups of posters here there's nothing "loving" around here, is there?

You've all come together to thrash makeshift cars around a track that's also made up (and brilliantly unique i might add)
yet most of you dont know how to communicate properly, thus proving the online anger of this game is quite pathetic... there are racers who are curtious, but by reading these posts here i feel like i've come upon the biggest "gareths" of this community. Way to go.. really... you give this community the much desired love this game is giving back to you, in trade of your sparetime. NOT.

Personally.. i dont give a rat's behind for what you think is right or wrong.. most of you are so scrambled in the upper quarter that i just cant think of a right "corner" to put you. You might race fine, from time to time, but i guess when seeing a car entering a corner a bit wide, most of you jump the gap and simply push the other car aside without even a simple sorry.. his race ends and you gain a place.. hardly a gentlemen's sport you are actively corresponding in here about.

be it racing or drifting.... you "commentors" to me are just wreckers, the "reply'ers" are the one's i'd trust on track.

Oh.. and here's a bit of racing COMBINED with some drifting(and no i'm crap at that too), courtesy of Mark who was grinning from ear to ear till it hurt last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFTCCM0hWFU

Yes.. i DID make mistakes.. and i apologized for the blunders on ventrilo.

Would be cool if some moderator would stand up and actually moderate this community with unbiased ruling.

Such a nice game, such a-holes in the forum.

Well put m8.
Quote from G!NhO :whahaa he still spells my name wrong lol

idiot

There's a 'View Post' button next to the ignored person btw lol

idiot
Jesus Christ! Where is my beer?
Actually you already made an error in your analogy in the first post. The running comparison, okay, I get that one, but in the same analogy you suddenly jump to skating.. Thus completely nothing to do with running.

Just nitpicking, nothing else to talk about in this thread.

And even then, the ice skating you're on about is a form of dancing, so actually drifting is a type of dancing too, and a real macho man says that's for panzies too..
Quote from DK_USA :ANYONE CAN DRIVE...............................................BUT SOME CAN DRIFT

I think you mean, anyone can drift and some can drive - and by drive I mean driving fast.
Quote from Riders Motion :There's a 'View Post' button next to the ignored person btw lol

idiot

you have me on ignore list but you just cant resist to have a look whahahaha

idiot
Quote from Rooble :I think you mean, anyone can drift and some can drive - and by drive I mean driving fast.

Actually you're also wrong, anyone can drift and anyone can drive, but only true dedicated professionals can drive fast or drift really good.
ummm.....What he said...Im not a bad guy, just was sorta pissed off that day already, sorry everyone.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :because of they way they act, or at least, the stereotype of the way they act, so they'll flame the OP for bringing it up.

thats what every non-drifter in this forum thinks...everyone thinks every drifter is a arsehole and a giant moron who barely knows a car has got an engine..

most people here have a stereotype of a drifter, with his arrogance and 'im-the-best-and-coolest-man-on-earth' attitude..

but thats wrong..im a drifter myself and i aint a arsehole(i think). im polite and equal(is thats the right word).. i know alot about cars and i care about them and i looove to drift in lfs.
reason: LFS has the best physics a car-game have(yet) and its so much fun to go sideways because it feels so real..

and for this thread starting about drifting-racing is...well...im not on Bambo's side, but i dont understand all the fuzz about a new thread in this forum, which is about the wrong subject..i mean: you dont have to reply to it, you could just leave it alone and let Bambo sit there with alot of views on his thread, but no comments..thats fine..

i think we both know that flaming the drifters wont get them to convert to racing..but Bambo's post is just...arghghh..why?why?

like...the arguing about drifting have been on for ages and when it gets a little quiet about it, then he just have wake everybody up and get them to argue again..

just another great thread from Bambo

I hope i havent hurt anyone posting this, and if i have, im terribly sorry
Quote from asbjoern :thats what every non-drifter in this forum thinks...everyone thinks every drifter is a arsehole and a giant moron who barely knows a car has got an engine..

most people here have a stereotype of a drifter, with his arrogance and 'im-the-best-and-coolest-man-on-earth' attitude..

Isn't that a stereotype of a racer?
Quote from zeugnimod :Isn't that a stereotype of a racer?

well:P

you are right about that but my thinking-putting it on paper is abit crappy if you know what i mean
Well, would it have been politically correct if he had said race driver? q
Quote from Ca18Slider :Well, would it have been politically correct if he had said race driver? q

that would be plain old raceism
Quote from asbjoern : like...the arguing about drifting have been on for ages and when it gets a little quiet about it, then he just have wake everybody up and get them to argue again..

just another great thread from Bambo

I never wanted to start an arguement. Why do you think that? Did I said "drifting rules and racing sucks" or " drifting vs racing"? No, read my first post and after that decide if I really intended to start a fight. And to be honest I haven't seen a flame war or an arguement so why do you say such preposterous things ?
Quote from BAMBO :Read my first post and after that decide if I really intended to start a fight.

Done.

Yes, it looks like you did.
Quote from BAMBO :I never wanted to start an arguement. Why do you think that? Did I said "drifting rules and racing sucks" or " drifting vs racing"? No, read my first post and after that decide if I really intended to start a fight. And to be honest I haven't seen a flame war or an arguement so why do you say such preposterous things ?

what i meant was: why did you just out of the blue start a new thread about what drifting is?
for the time ive been here on this forum, almost a year, ive seen atleast two big arguents about drifting vs racing, and i dont think it will stop
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
Quote from asbjoern :what i meant was: why did you just out of the blue start a new thread about what drifting is?
for the time ive been here on this forum, almost a year, ive seen atleast two big arguents about drifting vs racing, and i dont think it will stop

I just wanted to proove a point, I didn't wanted to insult someone or create an argument and it wasn't out of the blue, I saw some drifting movies that didn't got good feedback just because they were drifting movies so I decided to try to show some of us the other side of drifting but from what I can see, I failed.
You have over 200 posts and have been here for some months. You can't tell me that you haven't read at least one of the countless (seriously, there are at least 20, and that's probably a big understatement) several-page long threads with arguments about drifting vs. racing. ANY thread about this topic starts getting ugly sooner or later, it doesn't matter how neutral/polite/etc. the first post is written.
Zeugnimod, I get your point and it's Murphy's Laws in full action, but it wasn't drifting vs racing it was just like a short "Drifting from another POV" .
Wondering that so many people look at Drifters as like at "Ricers".
Maybe you have reason for that, but i am sure know that Drifters are like Racers [when on high level] - nice guys, trying to get better as well etc.

I am real life Drifter [but also like Racing very much].At the moment i won the Israeli 2008 Drifting League, and all my friends, that we practice together are Golden people, that always may help, if needed any.

Actually my favorite Racing style is going fast, but with sliding if needed [that is actually more "Rally style"].
I am really liking the atmosphere on CTRA 2 server, friendly people with Clean racing, that is a breeze to race over there.
But it's elite....best racers,who've passed alot to improve their skills [same in Drifting elite]. The stigma is that anyone can drift, and it looks easy. Latly every noobs come to drift [but they are not Drifters.....they are just trying to be].
Just you to know.... the deepness of Drifting skill is very close to deepness of Racer skill.
It takes many many years to get to high level, and there is still place to improvement.
Btw: just FYI....Racing is fastest on the track [tarmac], where you know lines and apexes. But you can't use this technique in lets say "mountians".
because you never know where is apex and it's cornering entrance speed.
There is a chance of understeer - and its dangerous and slow.
So then you passing corners in oversteer - there is a full control over cars position by Throttle and steering.

And please stop this useless flame,because there are good and bad people in each field, that you take.
Ricers with suck!
Its people like you who are continuing to make lfs racing worse and worse, lfs is a RACE simulator, not a drift simulator, if scawen had wanted you to drift you would already have a 500hp+ turbo monster with hybrid tyres, the fact is more and more people are goin to drift and cruise instead of racing and this means fewer people on ACTUAL race servers.

Stop promoting drifting and go and play grid:hbomb:

A new meaning to drifting
(203 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG