The online racing simulator
prosecer
(5 posts, started )
prosecer
Hi just woundering if a slow prosseser say 1.2g would cause laging on multiplayer as i have aquired some laging, well some times they cant see my car,, I just put a new graphics card in and new sound card and done a complete reinstall, plus my internet conection is broadband 2m, plus my cpu was runing at 1.6 due to jumper setting which i change thats why its running at 1.2. I hope you get my driftl.
i would think it would cause lag, what FPS u running at?
Graphics cards generally make not much of a difference in LFS because its much more CPU intensive so the quicker your CPU then the better LFS will run.
1.2ghz is pretty old and rusty to handle LFS I think. For a small car grid, it should be fine, but on average multiplayer servers, like with 8 or more people, you'd have some issues. LFS mostly depends on your CPU speed and RAM, and of course you got to have a nice video card to handle everything. Because if your video card isn't up-to-par either, then you can have video lag, which does in turn make you look funky to other people.

However, if you are invisible and people cannot see you, then something is up with your connection probably. I'd check that first before thinking it is your CPU. BUT you said you overclocked your PC? That could be the problem too even.
I just changed the jumper settings and it runs at 1.6 with no problems but since i put new cards in i put it back to 100mhz, its a 1800+ amd athlon. i might put it back at 133mhz, i no my bourd takes up to 3g prossecer so i might infest in 1.
profider connection problems seems fine now. thanks again for help.

prosecer
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG