The online racing simulator
All the new content threads
(65 posts, started )
Quote from emqu :Why cant we have...
15min practice
15min qualify
x3 races with points
The winner with the most points gets naked dancing lades/men to oscillate in her/his direction for 10 min.
Server changes track (random) and it all starts again.

+1 for naked dancing ladies.

Don't really care about the rest ...
Quote from RudiTurbo :I seriously dont understand the AS National love I Mean, it's pretty much as lame as the oval lol.

S1 times were good, Fe Gold, Fe Green, So Classic, that was teh shit

uh btw, we havent really got to the rev track era of S2 yet either. In S1, all the rev tracks became really popular suddenly, Green rev, Gold rev, So Long rev.
Go discover the rev tracks, they are really like new tracks
I cant imagine doing AS GT rev right now, I simply wouldnt know where the track went lol!

ohoh, and I know more, all the folks who even never been there during S1 times, get the hell out of the fast cars and try a slower car for once. LFS is not a game with 20 cars which all drive the same, every car drives so unique and differently from others. This is why LFS has loads of content, all the cars are just so different to drive. Just forget the FZR people!

TBO is the best class in the game, a car of choice for everyone, RWD, AWD, FWD. LX's are also a great a thrill to control!!

If I'd be driving FZR all day long, I'd prolly also be beggin for new tracks lol.

But then again, FXO doing avarage 1-2 sec faster lap times than XRT ain't fun, so that class is broken atm. And trust me, been drivign XRT for most of my LFS career, but the instant I whent over to FXO my lap times were AT LEAST 1-1.5 sec faster than with XRT. That's just , well wrong =/ Tho XRT is a much more fun car to drive, it's not balanced.

But again, this is not a topic for that discussion

Meh votes for a new envoriement Would be awesome with a nordic-look track with some combos, and MORE rallycross contest aswell
Rallypack anyone? .p
Sometimes it is not a matter of quantity, but of quality. As far as tracks are concerned for example, almost any known (and a lot of unknown) real life tracks are much more interesting than any of the tracks we have in LFS.
+1 original poster

[cynicism] :sleep1:

Bah, it's just how people are these days, never be content, always want something else then they have, keeping themselves busy that way so they don't have to think, instead worry about what mobile phone, car, holiday, girlfriend, etc. to get next.

If the LFS developers were to double the content tomorrow, people will be tired of that in three weeks, too.

[/end cynicism] :Kick_Can_

Imho LFS has boatloads of content, more then any racesim I've ever owned. A VERY wide range of cars, and well thought out tracks which have a bit of everything in them.

Also, casual racing is good for you. Having other interests/hobbies/books/music/etc. besides LFS instead of spending every free moment in your life on it will keep some balance in your life and makes that getting bored of LFS will be just about impossible. That, or simracing just isn't for you.

Quote from migf1 :Sometimes it is not a matter of quantity, but of quality. As far as tracks are concerned for example, almost any known (and a lot of unknown) real life tracks are much more interesting than any of the tracks we have in LFS.

:nol2:
Wait wait people wanting new content to make the game being better is NORMAL
I'm happy that you aren't the devs because the game would stay the same for 10years
I mean I like endurance races. With the actual cars we can have pretty nice Endurance Experiences (GTRs,Restricted GTRs and FWD GTRs) but if we had LMP that would be better than it is now in my opinion.
I like touring cars races too. Race close to the others but with a little power
You will say "drive TBOs" but TBOs don't have slick and for that reason it's not like driving a touring car
You get what I mean? Wanting new content is just perfectly normal!
Quote from Wasknijper :
[snip]
Imho LFS has boatloads of content, more then any racesim I've ever owned. A VERY wide range of cars, and well thought out tracks which have a bit of everything in them.
[snip]

Actually what EVERY built-in track has in LFS is at least one (unrealistically) nasty chichane, no matter how long or short the track is. Add to that, curbs that look & feel like pavements in Fernbay and bumbs on almost every corner in Southcity, so I wouldn't exactly call them "well thought"!
That's the first time i've seen someone actually say a LFS track is too bumpy
When you're trying to be within half or one second of the wr I'm pretty sure you will also discover some -otherwise unseen- bumbs in Southity
The bumpiness is what gives South City its character and what makes it such a challege to set the car up and drive. If you discount the curbs and Eau Rouge/Corkscrew, all the other tracks are as smooth as a baby's bottom. I honestly don't have much of a problem with that since that is the way people prefer tracks to be, but some tracks do get bumpy in real life (or so I hear).

And you're talking to a guy who only recently had his WR beaten on the FO8 @ SO4 combo by a mere .02 seconds. If I were a hotlap fiend I'd have no problem taking it back but I honestly don't care about setting WR's for the hell of it. If I'm practicing for a league race and I notice I'm either close or beating the WR, I'll go for it, but I won't sit down and start hotlapping a random combo.

EDIT: Just noticed your edit. 1.0 second off the WR is normal race pace for me.
I don't have a problem with bumps in general either, what I was trying to say is that lots of elements in the built-in tracks seem and are too... artificial!

EDIT: My previous edit was to correct "off" with "of"! The thing is Gil07 doesn't seem to think SO is bumpy! (btw, I think I'm pretty fast too )
Stop talking about LFS, I stopped playing a while cause I got bored, now I wanted to get back into it (holidays, more time, ..) and now my gfx card broke and I'm too cheap to get a new one instantly And of course I don't have the money... anymore... again..
Quote from migf1 :I don't have a problem with bumps in general either, what I was trying to say is that lots of elements in the built-in tracks seem and are too... artificial!

EDIT: My previous edit was to correct "off" with "of"! The thing is Gil07 doesn't seem to think SO is bumpy! (btw, I think I'm pretty fast too )

Really? Where did I say that?
Well said, Rudi
Quote from RudiTurbo :I seriously dont understand the AS National love I Mean, it's pretty much as lame as the oval lol.

S1 times were good, Fe Gold, Fe Green, So Classic, that was teh shit

uh btw, we havent really got to the rev track era of S2 yet either. In S1, all the rev tracks became really popular suddenly, Green rev, Gold rev, So Long rev.
Go discover the rev tracks, they are really like new tracks
I cant imagine doing AS GT rev right now, I simply wouldnt know where the track went lol!

ohoh, and I know more, all the folks who even never been there during S1 times, get the hell out of the fast cars and try a slower car for once. LFS is not a game with 20 cars which all drive the same, every car drives so unique and differently from others. This is why LFS has loads of content, all the cars are just so different to drive. Just forget the FZR people!

TBO is the best class in the game, a car of choice for everyone, RWD, AWD, FWD. LX's are also a great a thrill to control!!

If I'd be driving FZR all day long, I'd prolly also be beggin for new tracks lol.

As the most popular AS3/GTR servers on LFS, we leave ConeDodgers 1 set to that combo all the time.

We have tried a track for a week, F1 points leagues, Skill Leagues, Other combos, Mini GTR's, MRT league, Multi-car league, long races, short races, changing combos after a number of races.

The fact is that with our 6 servers each with 47 slots and 32 racers its easier to fill 2 servers on AS3/GTR than get 8 racers on another combo.

ConeDodgers 4 has our hotlap challenge running on it and that can get a few racers on it at anytime, but its never full.

Lets fact a few facts, LFS is a great sim, in fact the best but it lacks CONTENT

The devs do a fantastic job and for such a small team so what else can we expect.

We all want 100 tracks and 200 cars but it aint gonna happen.

I am sure the devs are well aware that they lose players all the time but as long as there is as many joining as leaving they dont seem worried.

CONTENT is the key, just think back to the 2 most mental periods in LFS history

Just recall the BF1 and FBM/S06 introduction, everyone wants to try them as soon as they come out and if the devs want to keep players a new car and track every few months would do it.

One new car or track a year will not keep people coming back

When Patch Z came out, i was amazed how many of the old username appeared out of the woodwork.

In my eyes if the devs set that as goal rather than all the stuff only the few use, the number of players would rocket but until there is real CONTENT that changes regularly its going to stay static and AS3/GTR's will stay full.

Please, Please dont slate me for this post as i am one person who has tried everything to keep our servers full and to develope systems to do it but it would be so nice to have some new stuff to keep our users happy.
Quote from migf1 :Actually what EVERY built-in track has in LFS is at least one (unrealistically) nasty chichane, no matter how long or short the track is. Add to that, curbs that look & feel like pavements in Fernbay and bumbs on almost every corner in Southcity, so I wouldn't exactly call them "well thought"!

I have just been round the oval both ways but i still cant find the chicane
Actually it's not present in Autocross either (or the Blackwood parking). Let's orginize a league on those tracks

@Gil07, my bad! I should say you don't seem to find SO too bumpy (which is not a bad thing at all).

Anyway, anyone is entitled to his own opinion as long as he's not offending others. I still think (and I have already stated to other topics too) real life tracks would give an enormous boost to LFS and I insist that the built-in ones are too artificial. I don't demand new content, I just wish for it!
Quote from emqu :Why cant we have...
15min practice
15min qualify
x3 races with points
The winner with the most points gets naked dancing lades/men to oscillate in her/his direction for 10 min.
Server changes track (random) and it all starts again.

We actually can have that (minus the naked dancers). The problem is getting the community to populate the server. This forum is littered with threads that say, "Hey I've got this great server that will run all those combos that never get run. Come join me!" Then nobody shows up.

The key is getting people to show up. When the STCC system started, it was able to draw a crowd because people knew of it from the race broadcasts. Once they had a steady crowd, people started coming to the servers in droves. The problem is reaching critical mass.
Quote from birder :
I am sure the devs are well aware that they lose players all the time but as long as there is as many joining as leaving they dont seem worried.

That's true, the reality, and all that. Money is coming, no matter if people leave...
Quote from birder :Please, Please dont slate me for this post as i am one person who has tried everything to keep our servers full and to develope systems to do it but it would be so nice to have some new stuff to keep our users happy.

Birder, it's not your fault, it's the communities fault. You generously provide what the community wants.

I've seen your many servers, all others running with different combos than AS3/GTR. The fact of the matter is, the racing community flock to the same combo night after night after night.

This has been going on for years, ever since day 1 of the S2 full version release. To this day, I still have the most out of my laps done at AS3/GTR. It is because from day 1, I was there and from day 1 on, it was always the biggest and fullest server. I got tired of it and plain old refused to join AS3/GTR. I see others still going there with 10,000 laps on this single combo.

The forum members want new content. The folks whom have left and check in once in a while want new content. But the folks who are out on the servers still, don't seem to want new content. They don't even want to try out any of the current content other than the same repetition every night.

It is said all the time about the 940 combos we have. But we really don't have that. I can fully understand the liking to race one or a handful of car classes. Personally, I like racing the XFG and the FZR. I'm not interested in open wheel, I'm not interested in the horribly unresponsive TBO. But, I just don't understand the mentality of racing at the same track over and over and over again.

I race in the CTRA Race 1, not because of the CTRA points license system, not because I am new to it, but because I like racing the XFG. Due to the auto track rotation, it isn't quite as repetitive as how majority flock to the same combo all the time, but being limited to S1 tracks is getting a bit repetitive. But, wanting to race the XFG, that's the only option as that is where everyone not on oval or AS3/GTR is at.

To race, you need racers. Sitting on a server all night by yourself waiting for enough racers to join to have a race until you give up and log out isn't racing. You must go where the racers are. It isn't the content that is causing veterans to leave. It is the lack of racing other than the same cupful of content out of the bucketful available.
Excellent post mrodgers. Sums things up nicely.
Quote from mrodgers :Birder, it's not your fault, it's the communities fault. You generously provide what the community wants.

Thanks for that,

I bet if there was a new car every month and a track every 6 months LFS would be twice as big and grow ten times as fast.

Full servers is the best racing and we will not get full servers without CONTENT.

At the exact time i am posting this, LFSW says there is 660 racers and 660 servers so you are right we need more racers and the only way to do that is get new cars and tracks (CONTENT). You certainly will not get many more with better A1, replay controls, and all the other in the last patch Etc Etc

I can get 282 on my servers with 192 racing but to get 192 racing we need 20000 racers and face facts thats never going to happen without more content, and if we have to wait over 12 months for a FZR dash there is little chance of getting more CONTENT and so more racers.

There was a pole a while ago asking which cars we wanted and there was a huge amount of people wanted a LM type cars (Prototype). An F08 with a body would almost do, but we got nothing.

I have had 3 emails from Team members today saying that they are trying other sims, including one WR holder, some have requested i set up a GTR2 server, several have or are trying iRacing including another WR holder.

To be fair i am fed up asking, just like most others are, because we never get what we want or when we want it and we dont even get a comment from the devs to keep us happy.

LFS is a sim that will develope into the number one but it could just as easily die while we wait.

I think 90% of us would not think twice in paying for more CONTENT if we could and there are a lot like me who spend more in a month on servers than we have spent on the game we love.

Sorry guys rant over.
well how many combos you thin Gran turismo 4 have?

700 cars on 50 tracks. I see no problem in not trying all cars on all tracks. You find your favourite and race on that.
Quote from Gil07 :That's the first time i've seen someone actually say a LFS track is too bumpy

Some time ago someone posted that Heidfeld (?) played LFS for few minutes and he said it's pretty realistic other than the track is too bumpy
Quote from migf1 :Actually what EVERY built-in track has in LFS is at least one (unrealistically) nasty chichane, no matter how long or short the track is. Add to that, curbs that look & feel like pavements in Fernbay and bumbs on almost every corner in Southcity, so I wouldn't exactly call them "well thought"!

True...
No matter how many times i said that in past, it doesn't matter, when i said that FE curbs are redicolous i get like one reply that agrees with me, others said something like "you're slow, learn to drive them", yea.. it's so much fun to learn hoping on the huge sidewalk-like curbs with sustaining no damage to the suspension, how's that got anything to do with racing? i might aswell play some shooter, it would feel the same...
The only two tracks/combos that feel realistic and ejoying to drive are Westhill (rev is better) and Ky National rev, and you can took a wild guess why is that... well cause they feel like real circuits, you know, real word, outside of the house... You feel like actually really racing there, not playing the game, it just feels right, every corner just flows nicely.. this is mostly noticable on Ky Nat rev... and c'mon, let's face it, how long will the people be in denial that real tracks and cars are not important? Really? There are real Nascar racers in iRacing, they're like practising their sessions in it, and they're bloody good at it.. you sure won't see them on AS3/GTR..
Real tracks DO mean alot, so do real cars, you watch a video on YouTube, see an F1 race, or Formula FBM race etc, you can relate to that, you know what are the speeds through specific corner.
I would change these 2580 combos for two real tracks any day, and be happy for a long time.. It was maybe irelevant when there was no proper sim before, and where there were no good real tracks in other sims as i don't count a Monza made by two 14 year olds... so seeing how good it can look in iRacing and how real it looks, i really can't be in denial anymore that they are not important..

All the new content threads
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG