The online racing simulator
LFS world built into game
(21 posts, started )
Hi all,

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to have LFS world built into the game so we could have friends list built in and no need to Alt + tab to access the browser. Also stats can obviously be easily obtained via a sub menu, the list is endless really Downside for some users will be the install size but surely it will be more conveniant in the long run.
#2 - Lible
A very brilliant idea.

+5
/w ?
Quote from Krammeh :/w ?

via this you can't see much things from LFSW...

PB, lapcount, WR, driven distance... and I think that's all
I don't think that the increased installation size would be the major problem.
Best improvement suggestion since a long time.

Strange that there aren't already 534543 threads on this.
It would be a good idea, but I don't think it's that necessary, cause there are a lot more things that should be done before this. But still great idea.
Perhaps an overlay like Valve / Steam games. (Hit Shift+Tab to bring up friends, players, community etc etc.)
Quote from LazLoW :Perhaps an overlay like Valve / Steam games. (Hit Shift+Tab to bring up friends, players, community etc etc.)

Noo!

I say button interface in game ... but that's just me.
Quote from Dygear :Noo!

I say button interface in game ... but that's just me.

Why don't you make a public app
I like this idea, +1

Could maybe be done with a heavy-shit in-sim thingy.

Or maybe it could be done something similar to what it is in Track Mania United? It's a kind of media/server thingy on the start screen, where you can access everything from Sinple player, multiplayer, options, download cars/tracks/replays/ANYTHING, aswell as the latest forum posts and latest game updates / notes from the DEV`S.
+2
#13 - Davo
Friends list online in-game would rock.
Indeed, ingame interface would be a fantastic addition.
+2
I don't care so much of friend list, 'cause you can search friends with lfs. But not bad idea, would be better.

But one thing that would be really good, is favorite servers list. That's the thing i haven't found yet. Servers have co complex names, that it's impossible to remember their names... And I don't even play on too many servers, only ~10 max. Conclusion : LFS needs favorite server list, so people don't have to search one specific fav server from list of hundreds of servers.

Hope you got my point
A very good idea in principle, but the implementation would be kind of tricky.

You could either a) create an ingame browser that just opens lfsworld.net, or b) make a functional copy of LFSW with the current game interface. Unless there is somehow an easy way to incorporate a 3rd party HTML render engine into your application, both solutions would entail craploads of work.

Solution A would, if possible, be the far preferable one, since it would mean any changes to LFSW would be immediately available in the game, with only minor changes required overall to automatically log you in and maybe handle replays a bit more directly. Personally I wouldn't even consider B for something as big as LFS any more - the effort required to create and maintain it would be far too high.
+1

also favorite servers
(was the first thing I asked online in s2 "how can I favorite servers")
+ 1 Great idea
+1. Excellent idea.
+1, this really would be a great thing.. This would make lfsworld even more popular place, ppl would check their lfsworld pms more often

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG