The online racing simulator
I want a Monza's Oval
Quote from Mazz4200 :Ugh...

Don't be ridiculous.

The grammar wasn't the issue, rather the context in which you're using your personal disability to justify a request and maybe even garner a bit of sympathy, which Dan has already pointed out has no relation to the request for extra ovals in the slightest

Agreed, but how many photocopier salesmen have announced themselves as photocopier salesmen and then demanded a Mondeo diesel be added to the game. Or how many of them have complained they're being discriminated against because the existing cars don't have enough cupholders.

There's nothing wrong with a request for extra ovals at all. But the way in which you worded the request by pointing out your disability (and it's not the first time you've done this) and then claiming that extra ovals should be included to solely accommodate you and other disabled members of the LFS community was quite simple out of order. And as is apparent by the other posts in this thread, offensive to a quite a few of us here (some of whom are disabled themselves).

Watch my lips m8, I dont want freakin sympathy from no one, i accept my illness,
I can only really drive ovals and sometiimes that is difficult to do, so an extra freakin oval would help disabled people like freakin me OK and there is nothing wrong in requesting having an extra oval to help all disabled people.
There are Three disabled people who use the FM oval and we all sometimes find even that hard to do, but using the same oval kinda get boring so a freakin simple request for an extra oval to help people like me would be fantastic.
The disabled side of things was merely to say that some of us can only drive OVAL, if other disabled people took offence tough shit every disabled person are not the same

Again watch my lips it was merely a suggestion/ request that an extra Oval would help people with disabilities.
And furthermore people that know me in LFS regard me a a very happy guy and that i am not some prick who wants any kind of sympathy.

Again i will ask the developers,Just like other users who request Cars, dash boards, life like mirrors, languages from never everland etc,
Can we have an extra Oval as well please
Thsi will be advantagous and would help SOME disabled people have more fun on LFS
And for those who take offence TOUGH S H one T.
And some questions for you?
why are you making such i big deal outa this thread??
Are you one of those people who use/park in disabled spaces?
Regards
Freakin Mad Popps
Quote : Can we have an extra Oval as well please
Thsi will be advantagous and would help SOME disabled people have more fun on LFS
And for those who take offence TOUGH S H one T.

+1

Would also be great to see the Dallara DP01 CHAMP Car added to the cars lineup as a suitable 'real' oval car also able to be driven on road courses.

Its a stable 'formula' and would make a great step between the f3000 and BF1, especially for those of us that don't totally dig the driver aids in the BF1 car and adding a whole new dimension to the game..very easy to get physics and design details for the car.

Anyway...

All the best, Maz
It would be discriminating against all drivers of any calibre if another oval was released. There isn't any more room in LFS for another talentless circuit, whether it keeps disabled people happy or not.
Quote from tristancliffe :It would be discriminating against all drivers of any calibre if another oval was released. There isn't any more room in LFS for another talentless circuit, whether it keeps disabled people happy or not.

Oval driving Talentless?
Oh i dont think thats correct, otherwise why is there real oval racing?
Guess you need to go and watch oval racing, Then you will see what it is all about.
Yes there is room for another Oval track, minor changes to another circuit track is all it would take.
Why is there so many people complaining about Oval tracks? and yet they still go back and drive on them.
There is only 1 oval, another would not cause any harm,
I wonder those who have complained about oval, your stats may show a different story, Yup i gues you have driven Oval at sometime or another
Oval racing in LFS is fairly talentless, simply because it doesn't have the required physics, aero modelling, oval racing in LFS is more a case of getting a good setup and making sure you don't crash on the first lap.......
Huh, i am not gonna comment any further on this issue.
So Until my next Oval Rquest posting,
see you again in three months.
PS
keep up with all your wonderful bitching.
chow girlies
Quote from Xenix74 :About Ovals and and "Some Online Charts" at Lfs World, Vik is it possible to a make a Different Sektion for the Oval drivers.

Yes please, can we 'section' all the oval fanatics please
I think implementing a short oval would actually not be a too bad idea, since it would a) require some basic throttle control skills due to having to lift, and b) circumvent the far too simple aero modelling by not allowing the cars to even go that fast. Though I guess that wouldn't really help Mr. Popps here all that much since the main benefit of an oval for him (minimal physical interaction) would be lost.
Quote from HVS5b :Yes please, can we 'section' all the oval fanatics please

ah, sorry you are a bit late, i got sectioned as mad years ago..
Quote from tristancliffe :It would be discriminating against all drivers of any calibre if another oval was released. There isn't any more room in LFS for another talentless circuit, whether it keeps disabled people happy or not.

Quote from danowat :Oval racing in LFS is fairly talentless, simply because it doesn't have the required physics, aero modelling, oval racing in LFS is more a case of getting a good setup and making sure you don't crash on the first lap.......

Quote from danowat :The more I think about it, the more I am really offended by this post...........

Its always so funny to see how the "forum police" turns into a bunch of superficially wannabe experts on this subject.
nee naar nee narr nee naarr
It's always so funny to see how the "oval brigade" team up to have a go at any anti-oval post thinking they actually have any racing talent.
Heres a tip - replace all banners and textures on KY, and viola! A brand new oval track
Check your pm's Popps258
I'd like to see Tristan have a go at proper oval racing (i.e., real life, or a non-LFS sim like iR). See how well he does against the oval pros.
Quote from AndroidXP :I think implementing a short oval would actually not be a too bad idea, since it would a) require some basic throttle control skills due to having to lift, and b) circumvent the far too simple aero modelling by not allowing the cars to even go that fast. Though I guess that wouldn't really help Mr. Popps here all that much since the main benefit of an oval for him (minimal physical interaction) would be lost.

I was thinking just that earlier and about to also add in the fact that if a closer-to-real aero model was added things would become much trickier for oval racing (possibly even interesting) and that would be rather the opposite of what Popps seems to require. I just hope that if that does happen then there won't be a thread about it being done to discriminate against a certain category of disabled people.
Quote from tristancliffe :It's always so funny to see how the "oval brigade" team up to have a go at any anti-oval post thinking they actually have any racing talent.

Your private profile says it all
"I CAN eat a stack of EIGHT Jaffa Cakes at once without suffocating or choking!"

So you can fit in Eight Jaffa cakes all at once? Blimey i would struggle getting three to fit into my big mouth.

come and join the Oval and do some 2/3 or even 4 man drafting if you dare, but i doubt you will
Put your Jaffas where your mouth is
Quote from popps258 :Watch my lips m8, I dont want freakin sympathy from no one, i accept my illness,
I can only really drive ovals and sometiimes that is difficult to do, so an extra freakin oval would help disabled people like freakin me OK and there is nothing wrong in requesting having an extra oval to help all disabled people.

Sorry but I don't think LFS is the right sim for you. iRacing offers far better oval racing with suitable cars and a wide range of tracks. I would hate to see the developers wasting any time accomodating disabled drivers by adding artificial driving aids and ovals like they seem to think they need.
Quote from popps258 :Your private profile says it all
"I CAN eat a stack of EIGHT Jaffa Cakes at once without suffocating or choking!"

So you can fit in Eight Jaffa cakes all at once? Blimey i would struggle getting three to fit into my big mouth.

come and join the Oval and do some 2/3 or even 4 man drafting if you dare, but i doubt you will

You missed the LFS Jaffa Cake eating competition. You wouldn't understand. Besides, if you can't steer to the right, how would you get Jaffa Cakes in your mouth?
Quote from ajp71 :Sorry but I don't think LFS is the right sim for you. iRacing offers far better oval racing with suitable cars and a wide range of tracks. I would hate to see the developers wasting any time accomodating disabled drivers by adding artificial driving aids and ovals like they seem to think they need.

Hey i dont even use the sim in my mobile phone, but do have GTR2 and Rfactor and others.
I never asked for Artificial driving aids, just merely asked for extra oval, with an aid to help others who do like oval racing.
did you come up with this all by yourself or did the fm crowd decide to try that desperate angle?

btw i thought you were leaving
Quote from tristancliffe :You missed the LFS Jaffa Cake eating competition. You wouldn't understand. Besides, if you can't steer to the right, how would you get Jaffa Cakes in your mouth?

As much as i love Jaffa cakes, glad i missed it, as for turning right, Yes i can do that, and can race on normal tracks, and also drive in real life too.
-
(eimer_) DELETED by eimer_ : top secret :P
Quote from popps258 :Your private profile says it all

I tried... but then I got yelled at because someone else ran into me and apparently that's all my fault. :-' Apparently the situation was too tense, so you're not supposed to race then? Reason I was given, was no way at fault for the contact and the normal oval racing group agreed, but you'd get laughed out of a normal LFS server with the attitude and reason for it they gave me after I got hit. (Besides having a strange definition of tense, 3 wide on an oval with no braking points is not tense, could even call it slightly relaxing compared to what I've seen, 3 wide into the first corner of KY national is tense.)

And OP, haven't read the entire thread so it might've been covered... Do you still have full control over both arms/hands? If so, just use a joystick. Full proportional control on all axes.
Quote from popps258 :Why is there so many people complaining about Oval tracks?
There is only 1 oval, another would not cause any harm

maybe now you understand how i felt when i asked for a few extra lobby-channels on vent and nothing happened (until you got admin rights on vent and then decided to jump in with that bar n grill stuff).

i agree with some of the earlier posts: go play another game popps. what you´re looking for is already there, it´s just not called LFS.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG