The online racing simulator
The AIs
(18 posts, started )
#1 - iBilo
The AIs
I don't know if it is just me, but the AI really needs to be improved, I like the game, the physics are very good, graphics are good but I simply hate the AI drivers.

In the training session it teaches you to overtake but the AI don't know how to overtake, they just slam you left, right and centre. It really annoys me when I try to outbrake them into the corner and they just slam into the side of me and take me out.

Can you at least make the AI drivers overtake you cleanly, this is the only problem that I have in the game, it makes the training session of overtaking hard.

Also can the sound be made more realistic when you/they hit them, it sounds like toy cars giving each other a tap, we need metal grinding sounds and bending and stuff.

I hope people agree with me and this problem gets sorted out.
Yeah, I agree, that's a very good suggestion. You also forgot to mention:
+ Dynamic weather
+ Rain and wet track
+ Night racing
+ touge/mountain track(s)
- drifting tracks
- free roaming, a city with all roads available
- Engine building/tuning: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5957
- Engine Tuning and Car Tweaking: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2071
- Cam timing adjustment: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1833
- More cars in demo
- - - Buying/selling stuff (wings, mufflers, furry dice), car modifications
#3 - iBilo
I forgot about the dynamic weather, that would be great.
What he's getting at is, you forgot to make a suggestion on all the other things that have been suggested 14.76 times per day for the past 5 years.....

This messes up the ratio of suggestions. Now AI improvement bumps to average 14.78 suggested times per day, but something more interesting such as dynamic weather is dropped to an average of 14.73 times per day....
When dynamic weather gets introduced in LFS, demo users probably wont get the ability to change it anyway. Might even be snowing 24/7, with hurricane winds.

I say "probably" because that's what I think is going to happen, no because I have some sort of insight into the LFS developers minds.
Quote from CasseBent :When dynamic weather gets introduced in LFS, demo users probably wont get the ability to change it anyway. Might even be snowing 24/7, with hurricane winds.

I say "probably" because that's what I think is going to happen, no because I have some sort of insight into the LFS developers minds.

Ok, so what your saying is that the standard suggestions coming from demo users should be the following from breadfan's list?

- More cars in demo

We need a sticky thread describing all of the suggestions that new players should be making based on their demo/license status. That way we can avoid the needless demo users suggesting weather for the 321651124 time and they can concentrate their suggestions on more demo content for the 4556464 time.....

Perhaps when you register and join the forum, you should have to "click here to agree/disagree" to a terms of use that you will make at least one of the repeated suggestion? That way JoeBob isn't left out of his suggestion for tuning parts that he may have not known hasn't been suggested in the last 15 minutes.
Here in Slovakia we say that "repetition is the mother of knowledge" so I guess that it's okay for demo users to post the same suggestions over and over again But we also say "don't look at the donated horse's teeth" Make whatever point you want out of this post.
Though, it's not only the overtaking from the AI's.. but they cant drive into the pits after a race either.
It's because some AI's have to go into the pits on the start of the pitlane. And the other ones who need to go further through just keep on driving forward while the other one is driving in at the front, causing them to crash and stack up at that point..
But i think all the AI stuff is already on Scawen's to-do list.. atleast i hope so.
I have to agree with this point. I would like to practice against some AI cars before i start annoying real people with my below average racing skills. And to be honest, already on the start they begin to bump into you or smashing you off the track. Thats not so bad on the GTR cars, as they are heavy and stable enough to withstand such attacks but on singleseaters its just damn annoying.
The AI already drives exactly the same way as most of the demo drivers.
Quote from breadfan :Yeah, I agree, that's a very good suggestion. You also forgot to mention:
+ Dynamic weather
+ Rain and wet track
+ Night racing
+ touge/mountain track(s)
- drifting tracks
- free roaming, a city with all roads available
- Engine building/tuning: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5957
- Engine Tuning and Car Tweaking: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2071
- Cam timing adjustment: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1833
- More cars in demo

You forgot to put "[Sarcams] [/Sarcams]"
When I searched the subject via Forum Search nothing to do with this subject came up so I thought I would make a topic, didn't realize I would get flamed for posting my opinion.

What a brilliant outcome of this topic.
Quote from noskillz :The AI already drives exactly the same way as most of the demo drivers.

Lmao xD
It will definitely need to be fixed at some point, because the problems are glaring. I thought Scawen was able to make the AI's pit now(?) but they hardly ever pit properly, just smash into each other and end up stopping halfway down the track. Not a showstopper in any way but it does look very awkward.

Kamikazi AI's ftl
Quote from noskillz :The AI already drives exactly the same way as most of the demo drivers.

I was a demo user for only 3 months until S2 was fully released.Demo servers is where I have had the best racing experience in all of my 3+ years of LFS. I could probably nearly double my 50,000+ miles driven stat if demo stats had been recorded on demo. Care to explain the ridiculousness of your slagging on demo drivers there?
+1 for the original post. I was just about to post a thread exactly like this one. Damn those locomotion AIs...
#17 - Dac
AI's = Bunch of synchronized wreckers.
Already suggested.
But be happy you dont have/know the ai of pre-y anymore, it was much much much (maybe another much) more horrible. Couldnt even pit.
But as this Game is just like 1/2 finished (even less when you count s3 too it), the chances are good, that the AI gets better as time goes by.

The AIs
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG