The online racing simulator
"Did not receive guest info" - Help!
Every time I try to connect any server I get the same message: "Did not receive guest info". I searched over the forum but was unable to find any solution. The problem came with patch Z (all earlier patches have worked great). I have had no problems with any other game.

Im all clueless what to do so please help me!
i have the exactly same problem. all other patches worked but when Z came it says i cant recive quest info
"Did not receive guest info" on patch Y or Z
Sorry, scoured the forums & couldn't find an answer to this. Have tried restarting PC & router. Yes, they are turned on. At least I didn't start my own thread !? Obviously can't put down the cash until this works.

I started LFS on Y & have now tried Z but have never managed to race online. (so neither patch has worked for me, unlike other Z only problems)

I can see how many possible hosts there are, but always get "NO REPLY" from 99% so only have 1 or 2 actual hosts I can chose from.
If a host does come up in the list & I try to connect, it will always (ALWAYS) fails at "DID NOT RECEIVE GUEST INFO"

Running XPSP2 (firewall off) on P4 2.8 (single) 512Mb, no AntiVirus. (new clean system & this is the 1st thing I'm trying to do on it) All LFS visual effects turned right down. Have tried P4 laptop - same result.

Connection=ADSL1 512/128
ISP=Internode.on.net (Adelaide, Australia & I'm in Melbourne)
Router/Modem=Billion/BiPac 7404VGP with 29339 & 63392 TCP & UDP open. Have tried turning router firewall OFF with no change. So many other settings on it though

speedtest.net result= 426/87 @49ms to Melbourne, 426/105@95ms to Sydney

Pingplotter suggests getting up around ~50ms to Melbourne, 190ms to Sydney, then over 300ms to UK all with 0% packet loss (if I'm reading it right).

Tried my company wireless modem (ISP=Optus.com.au) and it worked ok while showing 200ms on LFS board. (so PC is ok ?) Shows hosts, connects, races, but just had typical wireless lag (& prospect of getting me fired)

If problem is ISP, how do I gather the evidence to convince them ? They'll just do a download speed test & tell me everythings ok won't they ? And I know file downloading is fine - 426/87 out of 512/128kb/s looks right to me.

Thanks in advance,
i forgot to say that everytime i reboot my computer i can join one server what haves less than 3 players and after that its failling to get guest info
#5 - migf1
I couldn't help noticing that you all guys are demo users. From patch Z all users (incuding demo users) must have an account on lfsworld.net in order to race online, so that may be your problem. Have you opened an account on lfsworld?
Quote from migf1 :I couldn't help noticing that you all guys are demo users. From patch Z all users (incuding demo users) must have an account on lfsworld.net in order to race online, so that may be your problem. Have you opened an account on lfsworld?

That definitely isn´t the problem. I have created the account for it and you cant enter the multiplayer lobby without the registration and password anyway. :doh:

Please LFS developers whatever you changed in joining the servers please change it back just like it was in the earlier versions!!
Quote from migf1 :I couldn't help noticing that you all guys are demo users. From patch Z all users (incuding demo users) must have an account on lfsworld.net in order to race online, so that may be your problem. Have you opened an account on lfsworld?

i know that, ive had that demo account thingy since patch Ytest patches. i have the game password ive unlocked the demo account but i cant recive the guest info
edit: oh ,Ptrl posted that already
Quote from PtrlHead :That definitely isn´t the problem. I have created the account for it and you cant enter the multiplayer lobby without the registration and password anyway. :doh:

Please LFS developers whatever you changed in joining the servers please change it back just like it was in the earlier versions!!

I also second / third / fourth / etc,etc,etc everything that has been said above ,i have had nothing but problems since the Z patch for example ,being cut off in mid race , not being able to join numerous servers ,not receiving guest info,this is really , really annoying and also ruins good racing from 99.9% of lfs users ,please please please change back whatever it is you guys changed ,you have spoilt a first class racing sim.
Quote from alcat54 :you have spoilt a first class racing sim.

Sure. Because 0,01% of drivers have problems after the Patch, it ruined the whole game. :rolleyes:
#10 - AMB
Same with me, got on Single Seater 1 broke the record and lost connection, now I can't play LFS without losing connection, probably a problem with my internet, i've switched router on/off but still doesn't work,
I've hit some more issues now!! I tried to play in single player and noticed that I can't see the driver in FBM! (Haven't tried the other cars yet...) I have now tried reinstalling and re-downloading but nothing seems to help. The missing driver must mean that there is something wrong either with my PC or the installing.

I hope this could be solved soon...

EDIT: I can actually see the driver in other views but I can't see the hands in the cockpit view. The same appears in all the cars.
Quote from PtrlHead :I've hit some more issues now!! I tried to play in single player and noticed that I can't see the driver in FBM! (Haven't tried the other cars yet...) I have now tried reinstalling and re-downloading but nothing seems to help. The missing driver must mean that there is something wrong either with my PC or the installing.

I hope this could be solved soon...

EDIT: I can actually see the driver in other views but I can't see the hands in the cockpit view. The same appears in all the cars.

thats why in lfs you can chance the options. go Options/view/and somewhere there you can read ''driver OFF wheel ON'' keep clicking that message till there is ''driver ON wheel ON''
Quote from batteryy :thats why in lfs you can chance the options. go Options/view/and somewhere there you can read ''driver OFF wheel ON'' keep clicking that message till there is ''driver ON wheel ON''

:doh: Whose idea was it to preset "driver OFF"!!?? I tought that would have been quite strange bug anyway.

Btw. what would be the best way to contact the LFS devs about this MP joining issue?
Try doing a clean install. Download the entire full version of LFS (not the patch) and install it to a new directory.
Quote from Technique :Try doing a clean install. Download the entire full version of LFS (not the patch) and install it to a new directory.

done that 3 times
Quote from Technique :Try doing a clean install. Download the entire full version of LFS (not the patch) and install it to a new directory.

I have also tried installing it every possible way several times.

I have now contacted LFS devs via e-mail. I hope they take this seriously and try to do something about it...
Have you all having connection issues tried a tracert? It might show where a stoppage is?
Quote from horrgakx :Have you all having connection issues tried a tracert? It might show where a stoppage is?

Can you help me with using it then. I dont know what to do with it or how to analyse the result. I could post the result here then.
+1

Same problems here...

Best, Maz
Quote from Mazar :+1

Same problems here...

Best, Maz

These problems only in patch Z? Or have you had these problems earlier??
Ok, Tracert (TraceRoute) is a command that shows you the route taken by your data to reach a particular desination. It tells you every step of the route and how long it takes. You need to run from a command prompt (DOS box) by going Start > Run and typing "cmd" (this is XP, unsure about Vista?).

Anyway, thats what it is, but how to apply it to LFS? ... luckily Victor has posted a very good guide on this problem.

View it here; http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=29454

Hope this helps guys.
Quote :These problems only in patch Z? Or have you had these problems earlier??

Since patch Z

Best, Maz
This is the result for check 1 from here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=29454

Ping-isäntä liveforspeed.net [213.40.20.2], 32 tavun paketti:

Vastaus isännältä 213.40.20.2: tavuja=32 aika=51 ms TTL=252
Vastaus isännältä 213.40.20.2: tavuja=32 aika=52 ms TTL=252

Ping-tilastot 213.40.20.2:
Paketit: Lähetetty = 4, Vastaanotettu = 4, Kadonnut = 0 (0% hävikki)
Arvioitu kiertoaika millisekunteina:
Pienin = 51 ms, Suurin = 52 ms, Keskiarvo = 51 ms

Jäljitetään reitti isäntään liveforspeed.net [213.40.20.2]
käyttäen enintään 30 siirräntäväliä:

1 12 ms 9 ms 12 ms a88-113-48-1.elisa-laajakaista.fi [xx.xxx.xx.x]

2 23 ms 5 ms 4 ms 10-1-1.tammes1.fi.elisa.net [139.97.9.170]
3 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms ae2.heltli-gw1.fi.elisa.net [139.97.6.246]
4 * * 8 ms ae1-10.bbr2.hel1.fi.eunetip.net [213.192.191.49]

5 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms as0-0.bbr1.sto1.se.eunetip.net [213.192.191.210]

6 14 ms 15 ms 14 ms 213.242.110.169
7 14 ms 15 ms 14 ms ae-11-11.car1.Stockholm1.Level3.net [4.69.135.17]
8 41 ms 49 ms 40 ms ae-4-4.ebr2.Dusseldorf1.Level3.net [4.69.135.22]

9 47 ms 53 ms 53 ms ae-2.ebr1.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [4.69.133.89]
10 48 ms 53 ms 54 ms ae-1-100.ebr2.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [4.69.133.86]
11 58 ms 53 ms 53 ms ae-2.ebr2.London1.Level3.net [4.69.132.133]
12 52 ms 53 ms 87 ms ae-22-52.car2.London1.Level3.net [4.68.116.48]
13 52 ms 52 ms 52 ms PACKET-EXCH.car2.London1.Level3.net [212.187.151.98]
14 53 ms 52 ms 52 ms loncat01-ge-lon01.core.netline.net.uk [213.40.131.73]
15 52 ms 52 ms 53 ms lfs4.hosted.netline.net.uk [213.40.20.2]

Jäljitys suoritettu.

Sorry for using finnish translation of windows... I think you understand the mainpoints anyway but I'm happy to clear it if necessary
Today I opened all the txt files and took a look whats in them. In about half way down in cfg.txt file I found few lines about the last server I had tried to join in:

Server IP 0.0.0.0
Server Name ^7Team ^4X^7cite Demo
Server Port 63392

The port looks sensible but the server IP is strange. I've tried with several servers and it always says "server IP 0.0.0.0". Could someone with working LFS check if it should or shouldn't be like that. I mean no wonder you cannot receive guest info if you try to receive it from IP 0.0.0.0! Or is the IP registered like that because the connection was failed?
Quote from PtrlHead :Today I opened all the txt files and took a look whats in them. In about half way down in cfg.txt file I found few lines about the last server I had tried to join in:

Server IP 0.0.0.0
Server Name ^7Team ^4X^7cite Demo
Server Port 63392

The port looks sensible but the server IP is strange. I've tried with several servers and it always says "server IP 0.0.0.0". Could someone with working LFS check if it should or shouldn't be like that. I mean no wonder you cannot receive guest info if you try to receive it from IP 0.0.0.0! Or is the IP registered like that because the connection was failed?

Anyone??

I'm now pointing at you too Victor as you promised to follow this thread and you don't have even a comment about this!

(not meaning to be agressive but it just pisses me off when noone's willing to help...)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG