The online racing simulator
Can't you remove this virus?
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Can't you remove this virus?

actually, no. i tried manually but it cant be removed. than i tried trough f-secure and it couldnt errase it.
Trying to remove it in safe mode would be dangerous since the anti-virus could not be loaded and the virus would expand freely during the startup.
I know that a Mandriva linux Live CD can browse windows partitions but I can't remember if it can delete files on them. Look for a similar application that doesn't load your windows installation's kernels but allows you to remove safely the virus.
Note that it's I'm thinking, it may be a wrong method though.
Quote from Victor :And I'm tired of people misquoting me too.

If you mean me with this I'm the one who e-mailed you about this issue (with the link to this thread) and in your reply you said you would keep following this thread. By when I sent the message you quoted you hadn't shown any activity in this thread and I was just expecting you to say something atleast. If you don't remember my e-mail I think I still have it.
Quote from PtrlHead :in your reply you said you would keep following this thread. By when I sent the message you quoted you hadn't shown any activity in this thread and I was just expecting you to say something atleast.

Following a thread means reading it, not replying. For example, when someone says "I follow soccer", they are not saying that they are a soccer player, they are saying that they watch soccer games in person/on T.V. Same concept. Following does not mean taking part in.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Following a thread means reading it, not replying. For example, when someone says "I follow soccer", they are not saying that they are a soccer player, they are saying that they watch soccer games in person/on T.V. Same concept. Following does not mean taking part in.

First, I'm sorry that I'm always here misleading and confusing people and talking offtopic but I promise that after this post I'll shut up.
Second, even though developers of LFS must be very busy (at least if they have a life outside LFS) I was waiting a short post even just one sentence "ok you have been heard by developers" or something like that. And like I've said before I was getting a bit frustrated by then...
But now I'll shut my mouth about this.
Quote from PtrlHead :I may have a way round the problem here!!

1. I first joined a server that had no players in it.

2. I left the first almost immediately and joined another server that had one player in it and drove there a few laps.

3. I joined a server with ~5 players in it and it worked (usually says "did not receive guest info")!!:woohoo:

4. I was able to join any server!!:banana:

Worked twice with me today. I just hope it's nothing temporary.

EDIT: My LFS seems to be now working fine! I can join any server normally. I haven't changed any settings or done anything so either the game has fixed itself or devs have done something about it.

quess what, i did that on S2 aand... i got it working:woohoo: thanks for advice. i was able to join shik-D server with 22 players in it
After a long stint away from the game, I've returned only to run into this problem.

Anyone here have O2 as their ISP? Did you have to do anything special to get it working? I've forwarded ports 29339 and 63392 as mentioned in another thread, but no joy.

Admitedly alot has changed in my setup since I last played online. XP SP2 with Sky as ISP to Vista x64 with O2 as ISP.

Any tips?
With O2 ... you mean as in wireless 3G connection?
No, O2 home broadband.
I have the same problem.

This is so strange... When i had Windows XP Pro, I hadnt this problem. Now i changed it to Vista Ultimate x64 SP1, and i have "Did not receive guest info". Setiings of my router (Pentagram Cerberus P 6331-42) are the same as before. I tried to disable Vista's firewall, but it doesnt help.

When i connected my old ADSL modem, it works. So, something must be wrong with my router. But why with XP was ok ? Operating system can change router config ? I really dont understand this...

I dont want to change OS. Vista works very well, except this issue with LFS.
May someone help me ?
Quote from PtrlHead :I may have a way round the problem here!!

1. I first joined a server that had no players in it.

2. I left the first almost immediately and joined another server that had one player in it and drove there a few laps.

3. I joined a server with ~5 players in it and it worked (usually says "did not receive guest info")!!:woohoo:

4. I was able to join any server!!:banana:

Worked twice with me today. I just hope it's nothing temporary.

EDIT: My LFS seems to be now working fine! I can join any server normally. I haven't changed any settings or done anything so either the game has fixed itself or devs have done something about it.

Quote from subon :I have the same problem.

This is so strange... When i had Windows XP Pro, I hadnt this problem. Now i changed it to Vista Ultimate x64 SP1, and i have "Did not receive guest info". Setiings of my router (Pentagram Cerberus P 6331-42) are the same as before. I tried to disable Vista's firewall, but it doesnt help.

When i connected my old ADSL modem, it works. So, something must be wrong with my router. But why with XP was ok ? Operating system can change router config ? I really dont understand this...

I dont want to change OS. Vista works very well, except this issue with LFS.
May someone help me ?

this worked for me, but u need patience with that. it needs to be made quite lots of times till it works
Thanks man

I can't connect to any server, but i will try. Can u tell me how long time it needed to works ?
Quote from subon :Thanks man

I can't connect to any server, but i will try. Can u tell me how long time it needed to works ?

i dunno, i just kept on racing in servers with ~2-3 players and once when i joined there. there was 3 players, than some people joined there and i was able to race with 10 players. and that way it just started working
Having the same problem as well. Worked, but as soon as i had to reformat and reinstall Live for Speed, this error happened.
and it does it every single time, its doing my head in.
I had this REALLY annoying too. It started occuring after I did a format. I replaced my modem for a different reason with the same issue.

Doing the above worked. Setup the modem to use a 'Pure Bridge' rather than 'PPPoE and create an internet connection from within windows.

Who knows why it worked before and not now. Hopefully the developers find a solution.

Quote from Bogey Jammer :Good new

I managed to connect to any LFS server.
I applied the same internet connection method with my new modem as my old one. It seems to like it because it automatically switched to bridge mode . I still hate this modem..
I remember that I had lowID problem with eMule several years ago with my old modem. That's why I switched it to bridge mode. It's probably the same problem with LFS.

Here is my workaround; sorry for French XP screenshots (and possible wrong translation to english):
  1. Open network connections in windows configuration panel
  2. Then click on "create a new connection" on the left

3. Click "next" and select "establish a new connection to internet"

4. Select "Manually setup my connection"

5. Select "Connect to a (wide band) using an username and a password"

6. Enter a name for your connection

7. Enter the username and password your ISP gave to you. NEVER tell them to ANYONE!!

8. Click finish
  9. Before using this connection make sure your modem is disconnected from internet (not from your computer!) and set it up to make it in bridge mode (depending on the model, maybe it's automatic, I don't know)
  10. you can connect to internet with your new connection method
Hope this will help the most users as possible.. For me the problem is solved.

I think it wont work with my problem. I have router, not adsl modem.

When i connect simple adsl modem it works very good. With router aint.

I had to install Windows XP. Atm i have both. Its so strange... works on XP Pro but not on Vista. It must be a router issue i think.
There's probably a safety setting in your router that prevents the guest info to your pc. An embedded firewall?
Has your Vista's firewall disabled?
I have disabled Vista firewall, and router firewall too.

Its so anooying...
Hallo,

i´m from germany and got the same problem, but here is my solution. First i will say, i had tested all, 3 kinds of routers, without firewall and defender, exposted host etc. Nothing had changed this problem. Then I had installed LFSs on my working PC with XP home, connected with the same router (Fritzbox 7270) and its running fine!! I can connect to all Servers in Router-Mode. Trying two minutes later with my gaming PC on Vista 64bit, i bacame the error message.

then i got it!! I have an onboard lan card on an asus board. A few minutes ago i had installed a second lancard from logilink, now its running without an error.
Don´t know why, but ists running I´m very happy now.
Hope i will help you guys with same problem!!
I have to bump this thread back up because guess what, the problem reappeared! I had been away from LFS for a few months and then started playing again and it worked for one day and today I started getting "Did not receive guest info" -message again. There still seems to be no sure fix to this after all... Is there anyone else here still having this same problem?
#72 - ToJo
I have the same problem. And I also had it about a month ago.
I have never used anything else than Vista on LFS S2, so this problem has nothing to do with the system. I'm also on the same router as before, so that's not it either. I even tried to trace my connection to master server, and nothing wrong there either. Sometimes I don't get server info, and often I don't get guest info...

Here is the trace:

Pinging master.liveforspeed.net [213.40.20.2] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 213.40.20.2: bytes=32 time=88ms TTL=47
Reply from 213.40.20.2: bytes=32 time=75ms TTL=47
Reply from 213.40.20.2: bytes=32 time=75ms TTL=47
Reply from 213.40.20.2: bytes=32 time=74ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 213.40.20.2:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 74ms, Maximum = 88ms, Average = 78ms

Tracing route to master.liveforspeed.net [213.40.20.2]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 95 ms 55 ms 98 ms dsldevice.lan [10.0.0.1]
2 31 ms 32 ms 31 ms 1.80-202-115.nextgentel.com [80.202.115.1]
3 38 ms 38 ms 38 ms 217-13-1-86.dd.nextgentel.com [217.13.1.86]
4 39 ms 39 ms 39 ms 69.84-48-3.nextgentel.com [84.48.3.69]
5 37 ms 38 ms 37 ms 80-202-2-74.dd.nextgentel.com [80.202.2.74]
6 37 ms 38 ms * 217-13-0-70.dd.nextgentel.com [217.13.0.70]
7 38 ms 38 ms 38 ms oso-b2-link.telia.net [213.248.92.57]
8 49 ms 50 ms 51 ms kbn-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.254.235]
9 57 ms 57 ms 57 ms hbg-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.252.110]
10 62 ms 66 ms 62 ms ffm-bb1-link.telia.net [213.248.64.42]
11 66 ms 66 ms 62 ms ffm-b3-link.telia.net [80.91.254.37]
12 67 ms 62 ms 62 ms po1-0.core01.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.14.57]
13 60 ms 61 ms 61 ms te7-3.mpd02.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.0.2]
14 68 ms 69 ms 69 ms te3-1.ccr01.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.2.202]
15 71 ms 71 ms 71 ms te7-1.mpd02.lon01.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.1.118]
16 155 ms * 73 ms te3-3.mpd01.lon01.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.2.25]
17 76 ms 75 ms 207 ms te1-2.ccr01.lon04.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.3.190]
18 76 ms 76 ms 76 ms 149.6.3.186
19 72 ms 72 ms 73 ms loncat01-ge-lon01.core.netline.net.uk [213.40.131.73]
20 76 ms 76 ms 77 ms lfs4.hosted.netline.net.uk [213.40.20.2]

Trace complete.
Quote from ToJo :I have the same problem. And I also had it about a month ago.

So do you mean that you had the problem about a month ago, then it disappeared and now have it again? Or have you had it all the time?
#74 - ToJo
The problem stopped after a few days. But then I stopped racing online since I did not have the time. And when I tried it yesterday, the problem came back. I was able to connect after a while, but I'm not interrested in trying to connect for an hour... Hopefully this will get better on monday after the master server maintanance is done...
#75 - ToJo
Ok. New discovery regarding this. If I search for servers, I can't connect to any of them. If I then go out to the main menu of LFS, and then choose a specific multiplayer server I can usually connect... This is some wierd stuff...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG