The online racing simulator
more boost and other
(19 posts, started )
more boost and other
it will be nice

put more boost in turbo cars... for example in a race, put more psi of boost (bar) with a key or whatever

it will be nice tactic for a long or shot race´s...

obviously you can break the engine if you put a lot of psi

and will be nice diferent kind of fuel...

GTR cars = VP racing fuel

normal cars = normal fuel

and if you put normal fuel to GTR cars, can lose power and wreak the engine

and the same if yoy put VP fuel in normal cars

regards
/facepalm
/thread
huh? jus...jus...just ..no
I just don't get it. Why can't people wrap their minds around the fact that EVERYONE would just pick the same settings and we'd be back to square one?
Quote from titanLS :I just don't get it. Why can't people wrap their minds around the fact that EVERYONE would just pick the same settings and we'd be back to square one?

It's called a noob.

edit: the OP joined in april of 2004.

YOU ARE A MORON .

dude. c'mon. After 4 years you havent ...

*sighs* /facepalm
-1, I don't like that idea.
I think the turbo pressure atm is pretty close to the real deal. Tho I see the tactiacal factor of having to use it wisely in longer races, I don't think that suits LFS.
TVE - the turbo pressure bit is full of bugs right now and isn't that close to the real deal. But there isn't a tactical advantage in longer races. You got it the wrong way around.

Oh, and putting normal fuel in a race engine might wreck it, but won't cause less power. And putting race fuel in a road car won't make any difference whatsoever except to your wallet. And perhaps some of the fuel lines if the fuel is REALLY caustic.
Is it bugged? :s On what way is in unbugged?

Or, well,one thing I have noticed, tbh, it seems that XRT doesn't get any, or very little, effect from having a high boost pressure, something that probally is wrong.

On the other hand the XRR car seems to get a lot extra from high boost pressure, probally that's why I think it's close to what it should be. But if it varries from car to car I'll agree that it's bugged.

Again, I have no experience with racing, so I can't really judge if it's real or not, but I belived it mostly was corretct.
Quote from The Very End :Is it bugged? :s On what way is in unbugged?

Or, well,one thing I have noticed, tbh, it seems that XRT doesn't get any, or very little, effect from having a high boost pressure, something that probally is wrong.

On the other hand the XRR car seems to get a lot extra from high boost pressure, probally that's why I think it's close to what it should be. But if it varries from car to car I'll agree that it's bugged.

Again, I have no experience with racing, so I can't really judge if it's real or not, but I belived it mostly was corretct.

All in all, its not that realistic, but it does the job fine. For example, in a turbo car, you can hold the throttle at some point above the part where the turbo starts to spool up, and the turbo will spool up, but not as fast as if you done it with full throttle. If you do the same on LFS, the turbo gauge does'nt move at all, but you can hear it spooling up, but when you pull off, you have no boost. Its hard to explain over chat, or it could just be the fact im tired and not thinking straight. Either way, tristan can explain it better atm.
yeap

in the real life if you have a turbo car, you need for putting more PSI-BAR need VP racing fuel

when you have a Turbo car the first that you buy its boost controller
"The maximum possible boost depends on the fuel's octane rating and the inherent tendency of any particular engine towards preignition. With appropriate calibration and efficient charge cooling, relatively high boost pressures can safely be attained. Ethanol, methanol, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and diesel fuels allow higher boost than gasoline, because of these fuels' combustion characteristics. Race fuel can be used such as c-16 that has a octane rating of 117. To obtain high boost levels, all elements have to be upgraded such as larger fuel pump, bigger injectors, lower compression, right air/fuel ratio, and head-gasket."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbocharger#Boost
Quote from Neto_r :...

Please anyone...
Adding things like this would have no real effect on realism for me. I hate how these threads start out as stupid suggestions then turn in to people arguing about how something works.

Adjustable boost levels while on the track is just silly. And it would be about the same a a NOS button everyone is so crazy about.. As titanls said everyone would just leave it at the max safe level and not worry about it. So again pointless suggestion.

Palm ----> Face.
#19 - Dac
anythin that moves the advantage from good drivers to good cars is bad for LFS. -2 (my cat thinks its a bad idea also).

more boost and other
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG