The online racing simulator
Integrated Issues
(6 posts, started )
Integrated Issues
Basically, I need to check something with you guys.

I have always been under the impression that a computer with an intergrated GPU is always going to be significantly worse than a computer with the same graphics memory that are dedicated. The issue I'm having is that I helped to buy a computer for my brother yesterday, and at no point did it say "integrated" on the labelling for the computer. Unfortunately, after mysterious performace issues, I finally discovered that the PC had a 256mb NVIDIA geforce 7050 GPU.

Is not labelling the GPU as "integrated" a form of mis advertising - because I sure as hell would not have gone anywhere near the PC if I had seen the word integrated.

I personally wanted to buy a PC from overclockers.co.uk, but my mum decided that she wanted to go to a high street store instead.

This is a link to the PC (not the store we got it from)
https://www.pricerunner.com/pi ... Home-Premium-Product-Info
I wouldn´t call that misleading advertising, because the graphic chip is clearly named as "nvidia 7050", which is an integrated solution. The fact
that it´s call "chip" instead of "card" makes the difference imho.
Thanks.

Wow, it looks like we're about to be screwed over. I don't think we can take it back - I just hope to God that we can add a graphics card to the PC....
If we have to keep the PC, do you think it is possible to install a new graphics card, or is this PC too basic for that?
#5 - Bean0
Well, I got a shock when I tried to add an old card to my parents Dell...it didn't even have a slot.

I suggest you get on to the shop, they may well take it back.
Mail order and they would have to, as supported by the Distance Selling Regs.
Thanks.

Quote from Bean0 :Well, I got a shock when I tried to add an old card to my parents Dell...it didn't even have a slot.

I suggest you get on to the shop, they may well take it back.
Mail order and they would have to, as supported by the Distance Selling Regs.

Well, it's a huge tower so one would hope that they didn't just fill the thing with air, and actually put some slots in case the owner discovered that it had a terrible graphics card.

But after getting onto the company (PC World/Currys) they seem to have changed their minds about returning the item Fingers crossed!

Integrated Issues
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG