The online racing simulator
What is your racing style?
(75 posts, started )
You suffer of Alonso-syndrome...

(You liking to drive differently than me must mean we have different driving styles)
Quote from mrodgers : Steer to turn FTW. I never see IRL race footage where the driver holds his steering wheel perfectly straight for 98% of the lap. IMO, this is where LFS is wrong

Not so sure, with high speed the turningcircle becomes really big so required angle of "steering" becomes very small. Really sticky (slick) tires combined with high speeds don't require many degrees of steering or you're breaking traction, for example drive a motorcycle at high speed and see how little you'll be "steering", a car is similair. (except that you can't really fall off so you can actually get away with more "steering" all the time, eg. understeer.)
Or with less traction, rear wheel drive and power to equal or overcome traction you just need to get the car rotating around it's vertical axis (maybe those few degrees of steering or a bit more to get it turning) then your wheel will be mostly straight again and your right foot will do the rest to power through the turn if you get it right. (In an in slow, out fast kind of way.)

Also may I suggest you go race the LX6, RAC, etc. and you'll be using every last degree of rotation your steeringwheel has to offer a lot of the time. Even the fast guys need full lock from time to time in their LX6's, and that's why it's the best. :guitarist
As said before i tend to be gentle and caring with the tyres and the engine (no over revving)

I try to be consistent and not ultra fast,having a cool head in most cases -which is many times hard!-

I like to steer with my feet mostly although i can see what mrodgers is saying and i think he is right.
nicely said Wasknijper
This also happens in Initial D where Takumi versus the EG6 in the Gumtape Deathmatch
Takumi realises that to turn the wheel less he has to enter the corner faster..

oh and i forgot to mention in my first post.
When i am overtaking i force the person infront to take the inside line so they enter the corner slower and go wide while i just zip past them
LoL! You big girls, starts are the best bit of racing apart from battling, crossing the finish line doesnt do much for me, i always drive hard at T1, just so much fun, especially in league races.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :LoL! You big girls, starts are the best bit of racing apart from battling, crossing the finish line doesnt do much for me, i always drive hard at T1, just so much fun, especially in league races.

amen to that

shake and bake!
#57 - TG44
got myself a new sig
Well, I always try to be conservative, not ramming others off the track or landing myself on some piece that isn't grey. How I go exactly at it depends on the other drivers. But mostly it is avoiding T1 carmageddon, or when I feel i'm up to it just taking my rightfull place. When wanting to overtake someone, I try to make 'm as nervous as possible to provoke a mistake. Meaning I try to be a mirror filling adversarie wandering of to some dead corners of their visibility just to add to the tension
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :LoL! You big girls, starts are the best bit of racing apart from battling, crossing the finish line doesnt do much for me, i always drive hard at T1, just so much fun, especially in league races.

I hope I'll never be in the same league as you.
THIS is mine :eclipsee_
I steer from the rear.

My both, racing and drifting styles, are quite aggressive.
#63 - Jakg
On-the-edge.

I push hard - VERY hard (somehow I still do well in cars like the FXO though even though I cook the tyres), and I like to have my car over the edge so that I can put it where I want it
#64 - Dac
i try to keep to the theory as much i can but i havent quite mastered it yet so id say im either slightly over cautious and therefore slow, or slightly too aggressive and slow because i either start a slide or mess up the line.

people often think im a bad driver cause i brake too early yet i often seem to pull away from them over the entire lap.
pure crap.
my style is gain on entry, hope for exit, i use drift and grip on one corner, is pretty fast, and good for passing on the outside
I go round as fast as I can and try not to get in the way when I'm lapped.
I play it very safe at the start and through T1. I see what's going on around me for the first lap then it's balls to the wall and if I'm in the FBM I always cook the tyres after 5 laps of pushing really hard.
Quote from noskillz :I go round as fast as I can and try not to get in the way when I'm lapped.

Good attitude.

I set up my car to cope with 60 laps even in 3 lap races. I try to drive like a 200 km/h hit-the-wall actually could kill me. To many people treat this this as a game, I like to drive as it was the real thing.
Quote from tiltman :Good attitude.

I set up my car to cope with 60 laps even in 3 lap races. I try to drive like a 200 km/h hit-the-wall actually could kill me. To many people treat this this as a game, I like to drive as it was the real thing.

my approach also!
Quote from tiltman :I set up my car to cope with 60 laps even in 3 lap races. [...]I like to drive as it was the real thing.

A real driver would set their car up for 3 laps if they were in a 3 lap race...
Quote from Crashgate3 :A real driver would set their car up for 3 laps if they were in a 3 lap race...

why not 4? you gotta drive back to the pits and park the car, no?
My driving style?

Cautious. But, I also ride on peoples tails to get them disoriented.
Slow, even my in-game license plates say it.
Racing? Whats that?

I actually dont really have a racing style. Havnt been racing much since i found TC, so i pretty much just try to keep up without setting my tires on fire when i do go for a race.

I prefer driving aroun having a little fun and the running from the cops from time to time

What is your racing style?
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG