The online racing simulator
GPU heat
(15 posts, started )
GPU heat
Uhh hi again umm I have a question about my gfx card and heat. Usually my card runs 46-60*C (54 right now just cause its a hot day) not under load. Ive tried it with RD:Grid and it got around 69-75. Is that regular or is that a bit too hot, if it is would you suggest i add a fan to keep it cool?

the cards a GeForce 9600GT (eVGA)
seems normal although if I ever see 75 on my 8800gt will give me a heart attack. what's your fan speed running exactly?
100% haha (using the EVGA precision tool) not overclocked at all (well its factory overclocked) the pc's almost completely stock (didn't build it) except for a new psu (500w old one was 300) and the card.
yeah then it's your case airflow. Can you tell me how your fans are set up and any cable management done? also try cleaning the fans
is that ram out of the mobo WOW. And no exhaust fan? come on. That psu fan only lets out the psu's heat. Add an exhaust fan. the heat gets circulated inside. Getting them out is a GOOD thing
Quote from anik360 :is that ram out of the mobo WOW. And no exhaust fan? come on. That psu fan only lets out the psu's heat. Add an exhaust fan. the heat gets circulated inside. Getting them out is a GOOD thing

no theres a fan attached to the bottom of the psu. that sucks air into the psu and out the back. so it does both *i think*
(btw whats ram outta the mobo?) its 3gb
your pic shows the ram outta the mobo line lol. no mate that's a bad idea. Get an exhaust fan. That psu one is only enough to cool itself.

EDIT: Is it by any chance any dell or gateway or any other OEM brand? since you didn't make it yourself its a nice idea to ask
when i bought the psu it already came with the fan stuck to the bottom (i didnt modify it) .
its an HP pavillon a6330f. (i just turned 13 and just starting to get into modifying pc's im thinking of building my own sooner or later). but yeah im not really sure where to fit the fan if i get a new one.

So that's basically your case. Ok that fan on the side is the exhaust fan. Hp doesn't drill holes so you can put an intake fan but the cheaper solution is to get a 30-40-ish dollar micro-atx case and migrate components there. Anyone else can fell free to suggest something else
#11 - Jakg
DONT OPEN OR MODIFY YOUR PC!

You have a warranty which means for the next 1 (or more likely 3) years if anything breaks you willl get a new one free - if you try to fixt this problem you could lose this...
well 70*c isn't even bad.. Though it runs better if it's cool.
My gpu temperatures are 53*c at not running anything and underload it's something around 55-70*c.. Dunno the temperatures without any overclocks, but you shouldn't be worried of 70*c when it's underload
well ill have a bit of help from my sister's boyfriend whos been building pc's for around 8 or 9 years now. (he's 24) but yeah i guess its a bit to late to un-modify the pc but i guess if it breaks its my fault. but yeah its fine with me, ill just save up for some more parts.
Quote from Gintoki :well ill have a bit of help from my sister's boyfriend whos been building pc's for around 8 or 9 years now. (he's 24) but yeah i guess its a bit to late to un-modify the pc but i guess if it breaks its my fault. but yeah its fine with me, ill just save up for some more parts.

I have an HP computer dont know if its the same as mine but mine never had a sticker on mne that would break. I took mine into a shop to get my net card worked on because it got fried and they said that if anything needed worked on that we could do it and I still had 2 years left on my warrenty....

But if you havent dont anything to your PC make sure you take it into a shop before you do anything to it...
Something like this would cool your graphics card with limited modification.

A

GPU heat
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG