The online racing simulator
How to utilise G25's full 2.5 turn?
The g25 has a full 2.5 turning radius but how come in LFS, i can only turn to 90 degrees max though the gameplay physics makes a complete turn on its own.

I tried adjusting the steering settings but still i can't make full 2.5 turns. My G25 just stops at a lock.
You need to set LFS and the Logitech Profiler software up for 900 degrees.

If you havent already done so, there should be a W icon on your taskbar (bottom right). Open it up and go to Profile > New and fill in the blanks. Then go to Edit > Specific game settings to set the ammount the wheel PHYSICALLY rotates.
Thanks buddy that worked out wonderfully!
LFS only uses 720 degrees of rotation though.
Yea i realised that after lol but still it solved my problem. On a side note, does everyone with a wheel use a 720 radius setting or just 90? Cos it seems a smaller radius makes the game easier.
Just depends on what you prefer, if you want realism, then people tend to go for 720, but if you want it to be easy, they use 90 etc. But its like having a small penis. Using 90 degrees is like having a small penis, where as using 720/900 degress means you got a big one...
Does that mean me using a DFP = No penis at all since I dont have a clutch and I only use 360 degree? *Looks down*
I set the game up so my wheel imitates the real steering wheel axis of the actual car. So it ranges from 720 downwards. I have never used 900.

Having a smaller steering axis isnt always easier. It is alot easier to oversteer for one, which when racing a RWD car can lose you a few seconds lap time due to having to correct it, whereas you tend to get smoother follow throughs on a bigger axis.
Quote from spacedskunk :I set the game up so my wheel imitates the real steering wheel axis of the actual car. So it ranges from 720 downwards. I have never used 900.

Having a smaller steering axis isnt always easier. It is alot easier to oversteer for one, which when racing a RWD car can lose you a few seconds lap time due to having to correct it, whereas you tend to get smoother follow throughs on a bigger axis.

Hi spacedskunk...
I do the same with my g25, but find it a pain to leave lfs and adjust the steering lock in profiler...do you know of a quick way to do it? I'm thinking of just making a list of each car and it's actual degree of steering lock so I can adjust it quickly in profiler. Do you happen to know where to get the exact steering rotation specs for each car?

Sachamun
Quote from sachamun :Hi spacedskunk...
I do the same with my g25, but find it a pain to leave lfs and adjust the steering lock in profiler...do you know of a quick way to do it? I'm thinking of just making a list of each car and it's actual degree of steering lock so I can adjust it quickly in profiler. Do you happen to know where to get the exact steering rotation specs for each car?

Sachamun

In the game itself, when you chose a car and go to the garage type menu, find where it has the option on wheel rotation and it will tell you there.
Screenshot below on what I mean.
Attached images
Steering lock to lock.JPG
Quote from sachamun :Hi spacedskunk...

Sachamun

What he's talking about, is just setting LFS and profiler to 720* and turn compensation to 1. After that LFS will only use the lock of the given car, meaning while the wheel is still set to 720* but you are in a GTR car which has 540*, LFS will only use 540* of lock of yor wheel, rotating it further will not be readed. Its a simple solution, but the downside is that you will lose FFB soft stops.
Making a list is probably the quickest way...Sam93 has already given you the details on where to find the base axis. I've tried making seperate profiles in the profiler for 720, 540 etc but it won't allow me because you can only have 1 profile for each game. Remember when changing the steering axis on the profiler to get it to a multiple of 5 and then press the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard...its much faster

There a scripting system in LFS for automatically changing the steering wheel axis and gear buttons etc (for gear I also use them how LFS depicts them...so paddles for BF1, and sequential for FBM). I have not yet done the scripts though, so you'll have to follow the guide.
To find out why only a 90 degree rotation on your G25 is bad, set it back up 90 degrees, and get on a circuit. Drive down a straight, flick the steering wheel to the left, and release it. The wheel will bounce from half lock left to half lock right all the way down the straight, without touching it. I couldn't imagine less realistic driving physics!

When you set your G25 to 720 degree rotation, you can hapilly let the wheel slide through your fingers out of a corner, and get optimum power-down.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG