The online racing simulator

Poll : Should we run a league?

Yes
No
Endurence League?
Should we try our hands at running an Endurence League with points ect. ?

If so. should we use a set car? a random car? leave your ideas please.
how about a demo endurence league
3 hour race with the big GTR cars.

...or 6 hour race with 2 drivers, also the big GTR cars.
I voted no, on the presumption you mean this league to replace the 60 lap GPs. I really like the fact that they're single events. And as far as I know, the only ones that are so long.

But if you mean a seperate league, or as on option on the GPs (still allowing casual racers to join) then I don't see a problem .
#5 - Vain
I say yes for "Anyone can join when they want, but everyone gets points for racing."
That way there is a group of drivers that attend every race and point-race against each other and also there are some nice fellows racing a single event with those others. That keeps the friendly spirit and allows for point-aquiring.
Opinions?

Oh, and about cars: I'm completely open. I drive everything between UF1 and FZR, though I'd like the ATC to stick with the "less dangerous" cars, so the races are better.

Vain
I was thinking as a seperate thing to the 60 lap GP's

I like Vains idea though.. always possible
Voted Yes
I Voted Yes,

Keep the 60 Lappers on there own,

Is there Any Reason we Cannot Race with the Slower Cars aswell?

Not just the Big GTR's,

I Race just for fun really but still very much a Noob and the GTR's are Still hard to Controle,

Would love to Use the GTI R (Sorry Forogot its real name :schwitz,

Aslong as people who want to use them (If any Bar Me) just Stay out the Way when being Lapped it wont be a Problem?

And Gets me More Racing in and More Practice,

#8 - Cawwa
I don't know what happened to the Endurance league in top of his forum. I thought they were starting another season very soon.
You mean these 60- lappers would be a replacement for that league?

Is there really room for two endurance leagues?
Yes, but only, if its not with the big GTRs or single seaters.
thats what i am thinking. maby using the older cars such as the XF GTI (the one u can get in the demo) or something simular. its just as a thought at the moment.. and its not as a replacement.. it would be as an alternative league (simular concept as the gp's but with points) or add points ect to the 60 lappers and make a season out of it.. BUT still allow any1 to join.
Aha ... oki then. As long as single seaters are away and there's going to be a GTR league I'm all for it ...
Yes from me. A mix of cars would be good as it would give me the motivation to use cars I've avoided so far.

Serp.
I say run a league. It gives people the option to compare over several races. I guess very few people would compete in all the races, and the winner will probably be the one who does the most but it still adds another fun element to the proceedings.
do you think run the league seperate to the current races OR implment the points into the current races.....
Quote from Serpentine :Yes from me. A mix of cars would be good as it would give me the motivation to use cars I've avoided so far.

Serp.

We've got Orginal LFS League for that

I would like to drive the same car, on different tracks. (NON-GTR car!)
#16 - Vain
I think the best way would be to group the races. Take the XFG, take it to three races, switch to XRT, have another three races with the XRT, change to UFR, have again three races with it.
That'd make most people happy, while making (about) no one unhappy. Also it will be more encouraging to train with the car because you can use the experience in three races and not just one.
Opinions?

Vain
I reckon keeping the 60 lap format but running as a championship (10/12 races fortnightly or something), leave the entry open to all, but at the end of the season, make the drivers to drop their 2 worst scoring events (quite common IRL) It allows peeps to miss an event or two and can keep the championship open right up until the last event. In other words only count 8 out of 10 events in the points. It sounds crazy at first but really works.

Although don't think it would be a good idea to use the Big GTRs, they're too fiesty and the difference between fast and slow is too much. my vote would be for the XF GTi/GTR or maybe the turbo class, to keep the racing close and even.

I Love the 60 lappers, they transcend the huge gap between sprint races and full endurance, and i think it would be cool to have a championship along the same sort of format, maybe a few 60 lap races + 100 lap finale or something.

but it's gotta be kept open to all competitors, to keep the casual entries up, it's nice to have some of the racers that can't attend all of the races.
#18 - Vain
I came to rethink my opinion about the league:
We should have an application list prior to the starting date of the league. If we find that there are well over 15 drivers who want to race in the league the race should be closed and be run parallel to the ATC 60 lappers. If we have fewer racers we should merge it with the 60 lappers so the grid is always full.
Opinions?

Vain
What about the XRT, not enough races with those cars these days.
Yeah that sounds like fun how well balenced are the turbos as a class, i've never really raced them together, would be cool to have a nice mix
Yes for a separate league.

TBO class, and the car you choose you have to drive in all the races.
Yes from me, although in terms of cars no LX6, FO8 please
Quote from Theafro :how well balenced are the turbos as a class, i've never really raced them together, would be cool to have a nice mix

FXO easily beats the others, in both speed and boredom.
Yeah,
FXO > XRT >>> RB4

kinda like
FZR > XRR >>> FXR

Currently the AWD/4WD cars are the least competitive. Actually in endurance it's even worse for the TBO class, because there the FXO is also the best suited for long races (AFAIK) while in the GTR class the FZR seems to switch with the XRR.
#25 - Vain
Will we also decide on the lenght of the races?
I'd like to have a fixed duration, rather than a fixed amount of laps.

Vain

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG