The online racing simulator

Poll : Should we run a league?

Yes
No
Quote from Vain :Will we also decide on the lenght of the races?
I'd like to have a fixed duration, rather than a fixed amount of laps.

Vain

Probably a fixed duration but rather than timed sessions just edit ammount of laps accordingly,

Stll just ideas at the moment
If by endurance you mean based upon the 60 laps format that is already running then yes I support it totally, points for the GP's would also be nice, along with allowing casual drivers to enter as long as care is taken when driving...

If you mean longer races, and timed races, then its a no from me, thats just me.
yeah, the current format must be kept really or it's just not the same, not quite enduro but still nice and long
An Idea.

We have One race with two different car classes, I did a two hour race some time ago, with half the field of TBO cars, and the rest was with GTi.

Could be fun to do something like that. And if the interest get big enough we can have two servers, where the fastest half of the fast class go in the fast server, and the rest goes in the slow server, and half of the slow class goes into the fast server and the rest into the slow server.

Bah, I'm no good at explaining
I'm not sure what ot would add to the racing, except lots of lapping.
As long as there's still races open to all be they stand alone event like now or part of a league I'm all for it. None of that only sign up before the start of the season nonsense please. In any planned series of races some people will miss some events or drop out entirely. People may start out with the best of intentions, but you can't be certain that you'll have time for it 3 months down the road.

For an endurance race I'd prefer one of the road cars because they give a bit more room for error, especially during close racing. Someone mentioned divisions, you could have a TBO or even the XRG for the lower class and one of the LRFs or a faster TBO for the faster class.

Quote :rather than timed sessions just edit ammount of laps accordingly

Didn't we get timed race lengths precisely to avoid having to fudge it by approximating equivalent laps? illepall
#32 - Vain
We could also mix the big GTRs with the XFR, so people who don't want to be at the mercy of a 490 hp monster can race the XFR.

Vain
Any progress lately?
still undecided to be honest. I thought about it some more the other day but just dont know yet
doesn't have to be complicated (but it probably will be)

It would be nice to just a have a list of dates/combos and a league table for drivers

still keep it fairly casual (thats why i like ATC GPs) but count points for the races, at the end of the season declare the points champion

you could have bonus points for the 3 highest climbers, qualifying, - points for pit-lane penalties. etc to balance it out better for non aliens

maybee even split it with pro/am leagues and races seperate so the split server issue doesn't become a problem
Quote from Theafro :
maybee even split it with pro/am leagues and races seperate so the split server issue doesn't become a problem

Keep the word PRO away from me.. i will NEVER hold a tourny just for pro drivers or where pros have to be singled out.
I voted no. Simply because this is one of a few (if not the only?) organised single race-events.
Sorry if i offended you with that one, but thats not quite what i meant.

It would obviously be a problem to have 20+drivers all competing for the same league, but in 2 seperate races (in case of over subscription), ny idea was to split it down the middle, but like you say, it's not easy or nice to decide who goes in which server.

I did just have another thought: it's a crazy one but it might just work!

A rolling league, simply count the results for the last 5 races only, and declare a new 'top dog' at the end of each race. that way there's no worries about having to sign-up for the league etc. it's all about being consistent (at least , for 5 races at a time) and it could all be as casual as before (a very important point), i'm sure it would work out nicely if the servers are split into fast/slow or something, but that brings up the above issue.

it would be nice to see a good, friendly (very important) enduro league going, and it's not something that has to ruin the character of the races, but something like the rolling league system would be a much more casual way of running things and allows everybody a chance to win it, and enjoy doing so.

But i suppose it could all be seperate, but that's a shitload more work for franky
Quote from Theafro :Sorry if i offended you with that one, but thats not quite what i meant.

It would obviously be a problem to have 20+drivers all competing for the same league, but in 2 seperate races (in case of over subscription), ny idea was to split it down the middle, but like you say, it's not easy or nice to decide who goes in which server.

I did just have another thought: it's a crazy one but it might just work!

A rolling league, simply count the results for the last 5 races only, and declare a new 'top dog' at the end of each race. that way there's no worries about having to sign-up for the league etc. it's all about being consistent (at least , for 5 races at a time) and it could all be as casual as before (a very important point), i'm sure it would work out nicely if the servers are split into fast/slow or something, but that brings up the above issue.

it would be nice to see a good, friendly (very important) enduro league going, and it's not something that has to ruin the character of the races, but something like the rolling league system would be a much more casual way of running things and allows everybody a chance to win it, and enjoy doing so.

But i suppose it could all be seperate, but that's a shitload more work for franky

Its ok no offence was actually taken.. just pointing it out u know.

Alot of work in what you propose.. Still undecided wether to do it or not at all yet. But thankyou for the suggestion
i'm just offering stoned ramblings, feel free to ignore me!
Quote from franky500 :Its ok no offence was actually taken.. just pointing it out u know.

Alot of work in what you propose.. Still undecided wether to do it or not at all yet. But thankyou for the suggestion

Did you decide not to bother in the end mate? How about a FOX GP league?
still never decided. just sort of forgot to be honest. If i can get a few helping hands might go for it though
Ok i plan to do this at some point. still not sure when but... heres the plan

60 Laps. Every track (with an active pitlane) Every car except single seaters and the big GTR's (obviously not every car in the same race.. but rotating)

smaller tracks would have slower cars. larger would have faster cars or something. if anybody can get a list or something of how they would like to see it. or what particular combo you would like to see . please make a post.

EDIT - Also a Volunteer (or 2) who can help to organise it all.
I know this has been massively delayed, But its been a bit hectic .

Anyways i will be chatting with team mates about this and hopefully getting a full league going.

are the general interests and points of view still the same?

how strict should the league be?
Make it the same as the GP's, nice and casual. Every race has to have rules but they dont have to be pages and pages long.
Why not the big GTRs?
ATC (and friends)currently are working on a league that will have everything the 60lap gp has and more. so far the rules are in place (and quite simple to follow) and we are working on a few other things to bring more to the league (like wheel blades and oilslicks )
we currently have a lan party planned so i think the league will take a back seat until then (28th Aug).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG