The online racing simulator
help!! Iwant H Shifter! SIG SIG!!
i used to enjoy more with the S2Y because with the XFR GTR and the G25, i used the H Shifter and i loved it......

NOW i'm very sud, where is the H shifter in the XFR GTR???? i find only the sequenzial gearbox!!!

Is there anyone that knows if it's possible to import an old file to Y from Z to make the H shifter again???

CIAO everyone and THX
I don't think there's a way to do that, otherwise there would be cheaters doing the other way round (that is putting sequentials in cars like the XFG...)

Just my 0.02 €
It matters not. The XFG, as well as all other cars, already shift like they have sequential when you have only a sequential gear selector on your wheel controller.

Some day I wish to have a G25. I wish to have it for the fun of 900 degrees, clutch, and an actual h-shifter. I too will be upset when all the GTR cars are probably going to be sequential. Currently the FZR is h-shift. My fears are that I'll finally get my shifter, and they will change the FZR. I've already tried LFS with an added clutch and it doesn't work well when you don't have an h-shifter (meaning that it is strange driving with seq. and clutch, not that LFS does it poorly...)

At least for the GTR class, it's a balancing act that I don't understand. The FXR and XRR got sequential to help them against the FZR. That's fine, but I don't know why, if an h-shift in those cars are a hinderance, that we would be forced NOT to use that disadvantage if we so choose.

It's not a matter of "they would have sequential IRL" because, that would be true in one series, but it would be true about h-shift in another series with similar cars. Giving the XFR a sequential shifter makes even less sense to me.

I say leave them both for these cars. If you want to use the sequential, use it. If you don't care about the "disadvantages" of one car over another and only want the enjoyment of shifting, then allow that as well. Best of both worlds.
I'd like a new setup option for the GTRs, allowing you to select sequential or gated.
Quote from mrodgers :It matters not. The XFG, as well as all other cars, already shift like they have sequential when you have only a sequential gear selector on your wheel controller.

As a matter of fact, sequentials don't need clutching(*). When you enable AutoClutch, LFS still simulates a manual transmission and does the clutching, so there's some time lost over a sequential.

Unless you were talking about some clutch scripts that are not part of LFS itself

(*) PS: of course except when starting.
Quote from mrodgers :It's not a matter of "they would have sequential IRL" because, that would be true in one series, but it would be true about h-shift in another series with similar cars. Giving the XFR a sequential shifter makes even less sense to me.

Super 2000 touring cars and Clio Cup cars have sequentials.
Quote from MAGGOT :I'd like a new setup option for the GTRs, allowing you to select sequential or gated.

that would be great
Quote from MAGGOT :I'd like a new setup option for the GTRs, allowing you to select sequential or gated.

Since these cars are fictional and are not based on any real life models, I'd say this makes the most sense.

I find that I greatly prefer sequential racing gtr's and greatly prefer h-shifter when racing the slower cars.
I've gotten to the point where H-gates in the GTRs are very difficult becuase of the speed, now that I'm used to the sequential, but I still want it back. The challenge was great.

That's basically what I was saying, only the long winded route...

Quote from NightShift :As a matter of fact, sequentials don't need clutching(*). When you enable AutoClutch, LFS still simulates a manual transmission and does the clutching, so there's some time lost over a sequential.

Yes, essentially you are correct. But, with the autoclutch, and no lift shifting, driving the FZR, XFG, XRG, XRT, previously the XFR, UFR, and all other cars in LFS that are suppose to be gated shifter are so fast at shifting that they are no different than sequential. Actually, I think they are better as gated with autoclutch than the sequentials that I've tried. The FBM, FOX, FXR, etc, you HAD to lift to shift. With the gate shifter cars, you still do not HAVE to lift to shift.

Quote from duke_toaster :Super 2000 touring cars and Clio Cup cars have sequentials.

I missed the section of the manual where it states that specifically the Super 2000 touring and Clio Cup cars are the ones simulated. I don't care what series run sequential and what has h-gate shift and clutch. The gearboxes were changed to sequentials initially to balance the classes, or to make the cars faster so they can keep up with the fastest one hindered with an h-shifter. But, if I wanted to choose to drive the FXR or other seq. shift cars with the G25, clutch, and shifter, I as well as anyone else is out of luck. It possibly puts some people off of entire classes of cars because they want to use the equipment that they paid a lot of money for. For many, it doesn't matter what is faster, it matters that it is fun to drive and race.

Thus, it should be left as a choice. If you want to have fun with the h-shift and clutch or if you are only worried about the fact that one car is a couple of tenths faster consistantly, so you choose the seq.
Quote from mrodgers :That's basically what I was saying, only the long winded route...

I'm Canadian, I get down to the point. Unless I've been drinking.. which is often.

Quote from MAGGOT :I'm Canadian, I get down to the point. Unless I've been drinking.. which is often.

I'm American, I have to ramble on while sitting in my lazyboy with the shotgun laying across my fat stomach while drinking my disgusting watered down beer (which is never, much prefer a cold bottle of LaBatt Blue or from the southern end, Corona...)

I'm Scottish. I'll ramble incoherently because I'm already drunk on whisky (with no 'e' you heathen bastards) while beating the crap out of you with my own head.

Nonetheless, back on-topic

The reason the FZR still has an H-shifter is to help balance it against the other GTRs. It was always way quicker than the others and the H is always going to be slower than a sequential. If there was an option to make them all sequential or H, why would anyone choose the slower version? It'd be like saying "right, you can race at full power or with a 10% reduction, which d'you want?". I can't imagine anyone choosing to race with the slower option.
Yes, Id change the slower(H-shifter) version, because its more fun.
And i dont like that idea of the GTRs(2 big 1 small) putting a seq box in it. It's more fun pushing them with the gated shifter.
Quote from mrodgers :(which is never, much prefer a cold bottle of LaBatt Blue or from the southern end, Corona...)

Well, if you're gunna drink a Canadian brew, you might as well drink a good one. Keith's or Canadian are good choices. Blue is.. ugh..
I hate driving with sequential
Quote from mrodgers :all other cars in LFS that are suppose to be gated shifter are so fast at shifting that they are no different than sequential

I have to agree with you about that now. I drove several trial runs on the drag strip with the XFR using Y24 and Z. My impression is that the sequential is still very slightly faster, with the times being about ~12"80 (Z) vs high 80s (Y24), guesstimated average. In one single run I managed to pull off a 12"73 in Y24, but probably because of a better start.

Fine print: all the runs made with the default RACE_S setup save the Final Drive which I set to 2.900. Trying to drive in the same way of course, and yes I'm sure you all can do better

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG