The online racing simulator
Ctra 2 (tbo)
(248 posts, started )
Quote from The Moose :Sort of.

Some truly crap driving going on. I was punted off the track in 5 out of 6 races at as3 by people that seem to have forgotten where the brake is.

A totally frustrating experience.

Well, aye.......out of the five races I drove two were ruined by being completely taken out. Worst thing was watching the culprits drive off into the distance without so much as an apology

I know, the report system.......but tbh after seeing one of my reports changed from a permanant ban to a warning, I've lost a bit of faith there. I'll only use it for malicious wrecking and mid-race joiners now.

BUT, the last three races were sooooooooo good it kinda made up for it. Tip top door to door racing with fast respectful drivers. Just the ticket
It was chaos.

I now have a load of replays I need to watch and reports to make, which I can't be arsed with.

IT WAS NEVER LIKE THIS IN THE LRF CLASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was on early in the evening, and had some top class racing with Moose, Jourman, TonyG and some F1RST guys
#104 - Dru
Quote from HVS5b :
I know, the report system.......but tbh after seeing one of my reports changed from a permanant ban to a warning, I've lost a bit of faith there. I'll only use it for malicious wrecking and mid-race joiners now.

BUT, the last three races were sooooooooo good it kinda made up for it. Tip top door to door racing with fast respectful drivers. Just the ticket

You know that we will of course just say to carry on reporting - at the end of the day If we are not made aware of potential 'danger drivers' how can we be expected to regulate the servers without at least you guys submitting reports.

Just because one report did not go your way don't stop using it. Bear in mind that reports/appeals can go both ways etc.. but please don't stop using the system

Regarding the racing last night, certainly was fun, had an epic battle in 3 races with a group of about 4/6 other drivers all covered by a few seconds, often with 2 or 3 wide.... the only problem is forgeting the lack of grip these cars can have and the completely different braking and accelerating properties.

Fun times

Quote from Dru :
Just because one report did not go your way don't stop using it. Bear in mind that reports/appeals can go both ways etc.. but please don't stop using the system

Not sour grapes or anything Dru, but someone blatantly and repeatedly taking a short cut down an off track pit lane, re-entering the race track and taking people out - permanent ban reduced to warning? I wouldn't let them back on our server.......
Appeal or no appeal it seems as blatant unsportmanlike behaviour as your likely to come across. The chap in question didn't have a leg to stand on imo

Yes I'll continue to use the report system (only submitted 3 in total ), but only where theres obvious wrecking or interference by mid-race joiners. No point in wasting everybodys time.
So it wasn't just my impression that with the increase in popularity the standard of the racing suffered a bit. Two days ago I also got taken out right after T1 without the culprit so much as saying "sorry". I was really surprised to see this behaviour on Race2, to be honest. I'd never thought I'd ever have to file a report on the higher licensed servers I didn't raise a report though, because I had to exit the game in a hurry to do other things. But I will report next time. Every single one of my raised reports has resulted in some kind of sanction, from a warning to a permanent ban.

Anyway, can't wait to download the new patch and race the TBO's. Although it seems I've got a lot of practise to do if I want to be somewhat competitive
Quote from HVS5b :Not sour grapes or anything Dru, but someone blatantly and repeatedly taking a short cut down an off track pit lane, re-entering the race track and taking people out - permanent ban reduced to warning? I wouldn't let them back on our server.......

I've just had a good rummage through to figure out what happened here. The report you filed was initially actioned as a permanent ban. However, the driver had already been given a midterm ban at around the same time, for the same offence.

When the initial permanent ban was issued, it was an assumption that the two instances were separated by some time. In fact the two reports that were raised (actioned as midterm and permanent) were only separated by one race, 12 minutes. If the guy had been bad, been mid-term banned, returned after 30 days and THEN got caught again, he'd be toast. However, your report was the 2nd report to be processed and so the first processed report (midterm ban) was left to stand while yours was cancelled.

What I'm trying to say is that, even though the guy appealed the permanent ban, he DID serve 30 days ban for the *same* thing you reported him for. And additionally, he lost most of his SS licence points too.
Quote from SamH :
What I'm trying to say is that, even though the guy appealed the permanent ban, he DID serve 30 days ban for the *same* thing you reported him for. And additionally, he lost most of his SS licence points too.

Ah ha...........

Now that does make a lot of sense

Thanks for the explanation Sam, appreciated

In this type of instance, might be have been possible to note this on the admins appeal response? I know it starts to add even more arms and legs to the whole process, but.......
Yeah! Since this report I placed a button which will close all other outstanding, similar/related reports and make a specific reference to the report that *was* actioned. All the reports that are closed out that way will show the same decision on them as the report that was directly actioned. Egs: one | two | three
Quote from Bean0 :It was chaos.

I now have a load of replays I need to watch and reports to make, which I can't be arsed with.

IT WAS NEVER LIKE THIS IN THE LRF CLASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? I had two great races with you in the mix and I didn't feel it was that bad. Sure 5 cars wide into T1 is always going to be a bad idea, but I didn't think things were that bad. Plus surely the problems were only down to a full grid... did you ever have such big grids in the LRF days?
Quote from Dru :the only problem is forgeting the lack of grip these cars can have and the completely different braking and accelerating properties.

Actually I think that was the biggest issue with people crashing and taking others out. I am mostly a GT2 and Single Seater driver and was shocked at how much I needed to relearn about the LOOONG braking zones in the TBO's and the boat like handling.
Quote from yeager :Really? I had two great races with you in the mix and I didn't feel it was that bad. Sure 5 cars wide into T1 is always going to be a bad idea, but I didn't think things were that bad. Plus surely the problems were only down to a full grid... did you ever have such big grids in the LRF days?

Indeed, we do seem to have a habit of fighting for the same piece of tarmac.
Most enjoyable once again, and I look forwards to the next time.

Earlier yesterday it was pretty mental, although it got a bit more normal later on. Just little things all mounting up and annoying me really...being pushed off track on a straight one race, then spun around by some anonymous driver who cleared off without even a sorry in another...I sat out a few races to save my own sanity

I'm just joking with the LRF comment
@ bean0 - I know I took you out by proxy on T1 one race

Not much I could really do about it tho, the replay would be like watching that domino-effect Guinness advert

Who started it then? lol

But aye thats gonna happen with a nearly full grid and taking into account the different acceleration and braking capabilities of the TBO cars. As you said, its the occassions when you get tagged on the straights that defies belief

Still, I saved a couple of my better replays to watch later, best hoot on LFS for a wee while

Won't be on tonight, will be beta testing a new application on our server.
Quote from yeager :LOOONG braking zones in the TBO's and the boat like handling.

The worst combination is driving a few races with the GT2 XRR and then jumping into the XRT. Everything looks the same except for some rollcage that is missing (Pre Z). Sound is a bit meh. Acceleration is sluggish and it is so slow. Then comes the first turn and the damn thing wont slow down or turn.
Quote from HVS5b :its the occassions when you get tagged on the straights that defies belief .

Actually i've been a criminal of taking people out on the straight, and the times it has happened i've wandered across the track, usually because i'm actually LOOKING at the car i'm trying to keep a distance from. But when it does happen, there is such slight contact but the effect on the other car is huge, total spin. Sometimes I think the collision detection and lag combined doesn't make for a great experience and accidents in a straight line are much worse than they should've been.
Just to say it wasn't all bad on Race 2 last night. All the races i did on south city tracks with smaller grids were good clean fights.

It was only the 30+ cars on AS3 that were pretty chaotic.
I've set the grid to the maximum 32 racers. Full grids of TBO are exhilarating things, and there is a base (potentially foolish) assumption that Silver licenced racers are capable of running in a full grid.

Please give it a few days to settle in (it could all die again, yet!!) and for people to get a little bit better familiarised with the braking distances in TBO, and if there are still issues because of large grids, I will be quite happy to reduce the size of the grids accordingly. Suck it and see.. we can compare notes after a few days.
Quote from SamH :Please give it a few days to settle in (it could all die again, yet!!)

Yup, I'm sure it will settle down. I think it was just a case of peak time + 40 cars + loads of people that hadn't driven TBO's for a long time = slight madness

I hope it doesnt die ! I just hope some of the guys revisit Race 3 as well
Some lines about driving standards:

Quote:
"Admin Response:
Driver is clearly driving in a deliberate and dangerous manner, with 2 attempts to take another driver out of the race and also showing unsportsman like behaviour.
This standard of driving is not welcome here.
The Driver is clearly not worthy of holding a Gold CTRA License and as a result will lose his competition license.
As a net result the driver has had ALL of his CTRA points removed
and if he wishes to drive on the CTRA servers, will have to earn them all again.

If you do not like this outcome, then the alternative is too keep all your points and collect a permanent ban.

Regards,

The CTRA Admin Team"

-> SHORT TERM BAN
I like the alternative, it´s Monthy Python-lish
Quote from SamH :Yeah! Since this report I placed a button which will close all other outstanding, similar/related reports and make a specific reference to the report that *was* actioned. All the reports that are closed out that way will show the same decision on them as the report that was directly actioned. Egs: one | two | three

Poor Dougie... always getting the blame.
I do think race 2 is nearing its best again, bu the races seem to attract the more casual racer, if you get me, i think races of about 3-8 laps would attract a lot more people than a 17 lapper, but thats just my view
I would actually like more longer races, I offen find myself thinking at the end of a race, damn that was fun, I was it was another 5 laps longer........
I'm with kirmy, a lot of newcomers are on the server including me. Lots of them are not accustomed to the car and tracks and don't have a proper feeling for it in combination with their setup. Making setup changes mid-race means you won't finish for points. And making the races longer makes it a long sit with a car that doesn't feel right. Racing single-player doesn't work for me at least, since lap times will only improve to a certain point. But racing online you see the different lines you can take, where others brake, accelarate, turn, what their tires do etc... And maybe more important you are in some way "pressured" to go a little bit faster here and there when that car in the mirror gets bigger and bigger, or the one you view through your windshield.

You don't have this info ready for grasp or apparent pressure when racing single-player. Hot-lap replays are almost useless when it comes to racing or getting a feel for driving the car in a race.

Though I like they are a bit longer now, means you have to watch your tires a bit. But if you want really long races you should go somewhere else. Like more professional racing servers where the standards are a bit higher and people have the time to finish a long race. Most people don't have the time to sit there on end, they get disturbed while racing by roommates, family members, pets etc or just want to get a drink and take a break.
Quote from stry90dis :I'm with kirmy, a lot of newcomers are on the server including me. Lots of them are not accustomed to the car and tracks and don't have a proper feeling for it in combination with their setup.

I don't think that's a valid reason not to have long races.

The newcomers are supposed to be on Race 1. If you advanced to Race 2 you aren't a newcomer anymore. IMO.

And about the standard on the server: It should be higher, shouldn't it? That's what the CTRA wants, AFAIK.

Edit: Maybe make one endurance and one sprint day per week so everyone is happy.

Ctra 2 (tbo)
(248 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG