The online racing simulator
LOTA Formula Challenge Series
(6 posts, started )
LOTA [Presents...
*** Summer 2008 Premier Series ***

The League of the Americas gets back to it roots with a return to the Formula V8 for two new premier series. The GP series features the full powered FO8 and is designed to test the best open wheel drivers in LOTA. The GP2 series features the same chassis, but with a detuned V8 engine via a 20% restriction on the intake, reducing the power by 120 bhp. The GP2 series is intended to provide a quality environment for drivers that are still developing their open wheel skills and/or are experiencing difficulties handling the FO8 at full song.

Drivers with experience and in the higher powered LFS cars (which includes the GTRs) are encouraged to register for the GP series. Drivers that are new to LOTA and/or the Formula V8 are encouraged to register for the GP2 series. LOTA Officials reserve the right to deny/change registration for any driver in either series if previous LOTA/LFS experience indicates a different GP/GP2 class is in order.

Each series will consist of a 15 minute qualifying session, a 15 minute sprint race (25% of event points), and a 50 minute feature race (75% of event points). Each driver must complete a 4-tire change pit stop in the feature race. Both premier series will run 8 events over 11 weeks (2 races, 1 break, etc.). Both series run on Thursdays, the traditional LOTA premier series race night, starting at 9:30 PM EST (UTC-5) on July 10, 2008. Each series is initially limited to 30 drivers (with a reserve list) and if interest levels warrant, we will look into multiple servers per series.

Preliminary rules and schedules are now posted. Current discussions are still occurring regarding field inversion. When this discussion, as well as all other rules have been finalized, a notice will be placed in LOTA news. Please take the appropriate time required to read and understand both the LOTA General Rules and the Formula GP Challenge and Formula GP2 Challenge series rules.

Registration for both series is now open!

For more information on this and other racing series, please visit the LOTA website.
FYI....there are only 6 spots remaining for each series. Also, squad declarations have opened today.
Darn it - Thursdays. Actually, it would be Fridays for me at 3.30am.

Dang!
Quote from banshee56 :FYI....there are only 6 spots remaining for each series. Also, squad declarations have opened today.

Seriously?? FULL FIELDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was interusted really interusted but the only reason I'm not joining is that 9:30 is way too late for me to start making noise with my wheel. Parents are always sleeping around 10 and my neice around 8 =/.

I wanted to be in GP2 looks so fun. Great idea!

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG