The online racing simulator
Need help with Japanese characters
I've tried but I can't find all of the Japanese characters to make high-res ads for Kyoto in photoshop.

The characters I need are in the screenshot below. If anyone is able to send them in PSD format it would really help alot.

Thanks in advance!

Ekar
Attached images
HGA_ADS1copy.jpg
#2 - herki
I can try to get them when I get home. It'll be late evening though
#3 - herki
自動車 に? 乗 る?|ゐ? こと

that'd be the first line... you gotta excuse me, i came home late today and didn't have the nerve to do the rest as well. I'm not sure about the one with a question mark behind them, and the ones with the pipe (|) inbetween, they look too similar, I could decide which one was right.
Now I hope you have Japanese font installed so you can read the characters.
Exspect the rest around sunday, cause I'm quite busy now
I can create a lot of files from it, but I think vectorized would be the best, if you don't have the right font installed

If anyone is interested: That one says something about self-moving cars and multiplication. I can only translate the kanjis and I don't really speak Japanese. Looks like a job for yamakawa

edit: 自動車に乗ること - that seems to be the right one; babelfioshed to "Ride in the automobile"
Wow Herki, that's great- thanks for that.
Is there a system for sorting through the characters, or did you just go through the whole thing like I did? I realise that they're sort of ordered into groups which share similar characteristics. But it's such a headache hunting down the right character.

I wonder how the Japanese write their newspapers?

Yes, Yamakawa would be the one to talk to about this, but he's not privately contactable.

Can we try a PSD file first? With a font layer? Because I've got lots of Japanese fonts on the HD, including the Windows system fonts. If that's not possible, an EPS file or similar would be good too.

Thanks again!

edit: I can just copy from your post straight into photoshop. So don't worry about sending any files.
Attached images
lfs_0000000122.jpg
#5 - herki
I just installed the MS IME editor from Microsoft (included with the Japanese keyboard layout) and and tried to rewrite the letters with my wacom-tablet (you have the possibility to draw the letters with it).
My japanese hanwriting is kinda horrible, so I had to try quite a few times per letter
#6 - herki
競争運転者

タ一ボエ 学? 

Next few
The beginning of the second line was the same as the first line, so I shouldn't be bothered to do it again
So the top one is the right part of the grey area and the lower one is the red part. I'm not too sure about the last character though. Now it would read "turbo (literally ta-boe) science", so I guess it would make some sense. The blue one is kinda hard to read for somebody who does hardly understand any Japanese, so that could last a bit

Sorry, I can't imagine what the first line wants to tell us
#8 - herki
Quote from Qvarnis :It`d be useful to use BabelFish on the translations

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Translates from english straight to jappy characters

a) There are is nothing to translate, only the characters in the picture
b) Babelfish/... isn't very good at translating
c) Jappy? at least have the decency to use the right expression. I wouldn't call you "Finny"
d) As far as anyone is concerned, I'm working on the last few, but some kanjis are really hard to read

?? 濁? 波? 競技 場?
can't figure out the first one at all, not sure about 2,3 and 6
Really appreciate it Herki-

PS- you don't have to do it if you don't want to! hehe

PSS- you can call me Aussie
Quote from herki :
b) Babelfish/... isn't very good at translating
c) Jappy? at least have the decency to use the right expression. I wouldn't call you "Finny"

B) Is true, it ain`t good.

C) Does it have to be so excact all the time?

Couldn`t come up with any better reasons becouse of my crappy English
Quote from Electrik Kar :Really appreciate it Herki-

PS- you don't have to do it if you don't want to! hehe

PSS- you can call me Aussie

Okay then Mr. Aussie - I wouldn't have done it, if I didn't want to, so don't worry about that

Quote from Qvarnis :C) Does it have to be so excact all the time?

It isn't about exactness, "Jappy" sounds kinda respectless to me. And typing in more letters shouldn't be so much of a problem
Just being curios here: How did you get your avatar, I thought demo racers weren't supposed to have one
So, do you still need help now that the Kyoto-update is released? I like it btw, what is bugging me a little bit, there are so many sponsors that don't actually sponsor LFS. Ilike the fake ones from Scavier better
At least I was close sometimes
I'd like to learn Japanese too, but my university doesn't offer courses
Oh great Thanks decayed.cell (if that is your real name)

Herki, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I wasn't in Kyoto mode.

I'll update the ads shortly, best to have everything correct. Cheers again!

PS- it's good to know the meaning of the words. 'take a ride on a bicycle'?
Yay. It`s alive.

I`m resurrecting this in the hope someone can help out with another couple of characters for the Kyoto ads.

I have given it a few hours of searching through character maps, etc, but I really don`t know where to begin, so if anyone can help identify the 2 characters below, I`ll be one very happy little texturer.

Cheers.

**Found the missing characters - also worked on a rough translation. The best I could make of it is "an open field of skill and ability in the capital city by the lake"
Attached images
takeaguess.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG