The online racing simulator
Track too dark
(13 posts, started )
Track too dark
After renewing interest in LFS I don't remember Blackwood looking so dark. Is there any way to lighten up the screen? I have my monitor on 100% brightness so that won't help. Is there something in the settings that I can do to lighten up the trax?

Here are a couple of screenshots of what I'm talking about.

OH, and why can't I upload these screenies. All that happens is the upload displays the following.
lfs_00000010.bmp:
Upload of file failed.
upload the screenie somewhere else, it failed
Becuase the file is too big. Open paint and follow this. >file>save as>change file type to jpeg> save>upload

Wooo that took me a long time to write ""

I LOVE EMOTIONS!!!!!1
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Becuase the file is too big. Open paint and follow this. >file>save as>change file type to jpeg> save>upload

Wooo that took me a long time to write ""

I LOVE EMOTIONS!!!!!1

Thank you. I'll do that as quickly as possible.
Here is a screenie. This is the back straight at Blackwood. Why is it so dark? How can I lighten it up?
Attached images
lfs_00000010.jpg
That is perfectly visible - maybe you should try to play with your monitor's settings.
#7 - Jambo
Thats because its a shadow. Look at the grass on the right, there is sunshine. There is a big wall on the left blocking out the sun.

Thats how i have it and LFS is. nothing wrong with that :S
#8 - Jambo
Thats because its a shadow. Look at the grass on the right, there is sunshine. There is a big wall on the left blocking out the sun.

Thats how i have it and LFS is. nothing wrong with that & also the fact that your getting 23fps at a standstill is quite worrying
#9 - G!NhO
Quote from Jambo :Thats because its a shadow. Look at the grass on the right, there is sunshine. There is a big wall on the left blocking out the sun.

Thats how i have it and LFS is. nothing wrong with that & also the fact that your getting 23fps at a standstill is quite worrying

make it a triple post
SRY lol. I posted it and wanted to edit it . Posted 2times.
Quote from Jambo :SRY lol. I posted it and wanted to edit it . Posted 2times.

Thanks I guess that's just the way the trax looks. I noticed the AI stay to the right at that part, so I moved right and I can see a lot better

The reason I get such bad FPS is because my Nvidia Geforce 6600GT gave my computer fits with LFS. So after lots of experimentation...see this thread http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=44716 , I ended up with a Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti 200 in my box and all I can say is at least LFS will run. Probably can't race online with this box anymore, but I'm having fun racing the AI.
Just Upgrade your pc. IF its a descent processor and motherboard all you need is more RAM and a descent graphics card. Maybe a 7series NVIDIA?

No need to go to the right. Stick to the racing line. Its quicker. Once you have learnt that track you should know where the curbs are off the back of your hand
The racing line does move to the right up ahead of that screenshot. There is a slight kink in the straight and you drift over and ride the right side of the "kink", then drift back across to the braking zone of the next real corner.

Track too dark
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG