The online racing simulator
Anyone try the GT Legends demo yet?
(71 posts, started )
I find the same...
I didn't like the demo at all. Apart from the nice car models, but that's not what people are looking for in a sim.
hi steve,

cool video...

what kind of shifter are you using there? have you built it yourself or is it the one from actlabs?
how does it work with the momo wheel? I would love to have an H-shifter, but i was wondering how it works and if it is even possible to get one without much experience with technical stuff like that... (two left hands here... )
do you use a clutch pedal?

...Thanks...

Mitzle
I hated it.. the physics really make me appreciate LFS- even with the "bugs"

The force feedback is a total joke in GTL.. I use a DFP in 540 degree mode and GTL FF just absolutely sucks IMO.. so fake and inaccurate.

GTL would not save any of my button settings- stuck shifting with square and x buttons. Hard to get it to save my pedal config too- I eventually got the brake pedal to work though somehow.

Maybe it has shiny DX9 track shaders and whatnot, but I still think LFS gfx are better- something very fake about the cars in GTL.

I just hope rF is much better in the FF and physics department. I just bought an X800XL- (should get it next week) - rF should run pretty good on that and in LFS I can crank the AA and AF up quite a bit more than I do now... 2xAA and 4xAF with a 9700pro @ 1200 x 900 runs good and looks good now, but 6xAA and 16xAF will look even better.

Overall GTL demo is a huge disappointment. Long live LFS- and it's far superior FF and physics.
Its the act labs shifter, its works great in combination with the momo, and yes Im using a clutch pedal as well Your best bet in finding 1 is to look around on publics forums, or maybe even try ebay, but they go for a hefty price there I bought mine last year for like 25$ I see them selling for over 200$ on ebay :O

Quote from Mitzle :hi steve,

cool video...

what kind of shifter are you using there? have you built it yourself or is it the one from actlabs?
how does it work with the momo wheel? I would love to have an H-shifter, but i was wondering how it works and if it is even possible to get one without much experience with technical stuff like that... (two left hands here... )
do you use a clutch pedal?

...Thanks...

Mitzle

I made one myself. Cost me next to nothing. Cheap USB gamepad and a few bits of wood and hardware, and a little effort in the shop. Works like a charm. I use the throttle off my old MSFF wheel along with my DFP pedals. It's great driving the road cars in LFS, and the GTL demo is very nice with the shifter and clutch. Too bad the physics suck.
Not that I've even played it but you guys should know that even the Pro mode has driving aids enabled. You can fix this in the .plr file or something or using the function keys, iirc the hud has little lights that indicate if an aid is on or not.

This is typical Simbin crap to be honest, are they purposely trying to turn away sim racers by having them play a demo where no-one even realises there's secret aids on? What a joke.
..apparently my 128mb video card and a resolution of 320x200 and settings as low as possible .. still bogs down to a mere 15 fps.. whats wrong with this game!

and when it did go up some fps.. it still felt weird
I tried that demo.
I haven't had any problems concerning technical stuff like FPS and/or small resolution.
I pretty liked the game however I can't compare its physics and LFS one because I simply can't but I don't think GT Legends would ever beat LFS...
i like it, but it doesn't feel as "nice" as LFS
bunch of sooks

I like it...
maybe you shouldnt compare it to previous simbin efforts and judge it on its own merits?
I did and am having fun with it.

I see a lot of threads around bagging out the sound in GTR/GTL....
Im actually a big fan of the engine sound, maybe im not as picky as you guys.
*shrug*

I also own GTR and think its rubbish.
well, after playing it for a few more hours this morning its growing on me.....................alot
My GTLdemo.exe works great as an reboot button..really fun
Yes I did try it, but I don't like the graphics :irked:

#65 - tpa
Tried it and didn't like it.

The track textures are just awful imho. Looks so sterile.

Driving physics are good I guess, but in lfs I just feel more connected to the car. GTL doesn't come close
For everyone who can't start the demo: go into RSC GTL forums for more help, there are multiple solutions.

The MAIN problem though is the shaders level, when you configure gfx in the 3d thing in windows before starting the game, load dx8 or dx7 shaders instead of dx9, those will most likely help getting rid of the problems

Quote from Blackout :My GTLdemo.exe works great as an reboot button..really fun

lmao
Quote from TCStelten :For everyone who can't start the demo: go into RSC GTL forums for more help, there are multiple solutions.

The MAIN problem though is the shaders level, when you configure gfx in the 3d thing in windows before starting the game, load dx8 or dx7 shaders instead of dx9, those will most likely help getting rid of the problems

Hi... see that's half the problem.... Me myself, I don't wanna go thru all that hassle just to play a game
Well mate it takes 2 minutes to set that up
StarForce on a free demo? wtf? A shame I would have enjoyed giving it a go otherwise. From what other people have said though I don't feel left out.

:lfs: :lovies3d:
I personally don't think you are missing much- and Starforce messes up any PC I have ever had it on.. My PC has done a bunch of weird things since installing this demo- It is coming off soon and then I am getting starcrap off my PC...

I sure hope rF doesn't have starforce.

Anyone try the GT Legends demo yet?
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG