The online racing simulator
I was just wondering, are there any track change lists on the raceauthority.com website?

If such lists were to get their information directly from the servers, they'd never be out of date and maybe we could even see when each track is due to run next.

Sorry if it's already there somewhere and I missed it.
Quote from dungbeetle :I was just wondering, are there any track change lists on the raceauthority.com website?

If such lists were to get their information directly from the servers, they'd never be out of date and maybe we could even see when each track is due to run next.

Sorry if it's already there somewhere and I missed it.

Well the next track on the server is generated randomly during server end so a track list really wouldn't help other than to get a feel for the tracks being used on the server.
Hi Chris.

So is it worth just having a plain ol' track list somewhere on the site so we know which ones to practice and get sets for?
Quote from dungbeetle :Hi Chris.

So is it worth just having a plain ol' track list somewhere on the site so we know which ones to practice and get sets for?

There is a track list floating around in the CTRA section here somewhere =)

To answer your question exactly, not at this time, but will look into it.
OK.

Cheers, Chris.
#31 - SamH
Chris did some rather clever spreadsheeting, and using that we've built a new tracklist (now in force) for Race 2. It's much more oriented to standard/unbalanced TBOs than before, but still good fun for LRF.

Track selection is random rather than ordered, and tracks are selected on the spot at track change. Chris's new TBO/LRF (Race 2) track list is as follows:
BL1_Standard
SO1_Standard
SO2_Standard
SO3_Standard
SO4_Standard
SO5_Standard
SO6_Standard
FE1_Standard
FE2_Standard
FE3_Standard
SO1R_Standard
SO2R_Standard
SO3R_Standard
SO4R_Standard
SO5R_Standard
FE1R_Standard
FE2R_Standard
FE3R_Standard
KY2_Standard
AS1_Standard
AS2_Standard
AS3_Standard
AS6_Standard
AS7_Standard
KY2R_Standard
AS1R_Standard
AS2R_Standard
AS3R_Standard
AS6R_Standard
AS7R_Standard
AS1_Standard
AS1R_Standard
AS2_Standard
AS2R_Standard
FE1_Standard
FE1R_Standard
SO1_standard
SO1R_standard
SO2_standard
SO2R_standard
SO3_standard
SO3R_standard

Quote from SamH :Chris did some rather clever spreadsheeting, and using that we've built a new tracklist (now in force) for Race 2. It's much more oriented to standard/unbalanced TBOs than before, but still good fun for LRF.

Track selection is random rather than ordered, and tracks are selected on the spot at track change. Chris's new TBO/LRF (Race 2) track list is as follows:
BL1_Standard
SO1_Standard
SO2_Standard
SO3_Standard
SO4_Standard
SO5_Standard
SO6_Standard
FE1_Standard
FE2_Standard
FE3_Standard
SO1R_Standard
SO2R_Standard
SO3R_Standard
SO4R_Standard
SO5R_Standard
FE1R_Standard
FE2R_Standard
FE3R_Standard
KY2_Standard
AS1_Standard
AS2_Standard
AS3_Standard
AS6_Standard
AS7_Standard
KY2R_Standard
AS1R_Standard
AS2R_Standard
AS3R_Standard
AS6R_Standard
AS7R_Standard
AS1_Standard
AS1R_Standard
AS2_Standard
AS2R_Standard
FE1_Standard
FE1R_Standard
SO1_standard
SO1R_standard
SO2_standard
SO2R_standard
SO3_standard
SO3R_standard

Wee, glad the speadsheet could help =) Let me know what you all think, would be interested to hear some reviews of the new tracks. I know I would enjoy them =)
That list has these tracks two times:
SO1
SO1r
SO2
SO2r
SO3
SO3r
FE1
FE1r
AS1
AS1r
AS2
AS2r
#34 - SamH
Oooer.. lemme look at that.. I think I've posted the wrong list
#35 - T!m0
Maybe drop Westhill from SS1? About 90% full throttle with FBM, thats quite boring.

I really like the SO Sprint tracks on SS1, you have to work hard and take care not to do the single mistake which could bring you the contact with the wall and ruin your race.
#36 - SamH
Westhill on SS1 is quite popular with most people, despite being 95% full throttle. For some bizarre, twisted reason it was also very popular when we ran a UF1000 server. Some LFSers are truly sick puppies

[ed] The corrected list for Race 2 is here:
AS1_Standard
AS2_Standard
AS3_Standard
AS7_Standard
BL1_Standard
FE1_Standard
FE2_Standard
FE3_Standard
KY2_Standard
SO1_Standard
SO2_Standard
SO3_Standard
SO4_Standard
SO5_Standard
SO6_Standard
AS1R_Standard
AS2R_Standard
AS3R_Standard
AS7R_Standard
FE1R_Standard
FE2R_Standard
FE3R_Standard
KY2R_Standard
SO1R_Standard
SO2R_Standard
SO3R_Standard
SO4R_Standard
SO5R_Standard
SO6R_Standard

Quote from T!m0 :Maybe drop Westhill from SS1? About 90% full throttle with FBM, thats quite boring.

I really like the SO Sprint tracks on SS1, you have to work hard and take care not to do the single mistake which could bring you the contact with the wall and ruin your race.

I agree, because of that, and the general consistency between the classes at those tracks ALL SO tracks have been added =)
#38 - Worm
Hello !
Race 2 :
Why we dont have AS4 AS5 AS6 KY3?
Maybe do you think those track are too long but, really, it s some good track to do TBO race. Large route, space.... TBO are fast car, they are not reserved to the small track.
#39 - Dru
Quote from Worm :Hello !
Race 2 :
Maybe do you think those track are too long but, really, it s some good track to do TBO race. Large route, space.... TBO are fast car, they are not reserved to the small track.

With the slower cars (TBO's compared to GTRS) these tracks are just a little bit too long for pickup racing on the whole within the CTRA environment at this time.

We do not dispute that they are great tracks thou
I will redo the excel sheet that shows the time differences between the cars and we may be able to add a couple tracks in. The big reason was for the huge time differences between the cars.

The TBO's are not really meant to be driven on huge tracks, they are meant for shorter tracks which keep the action tight.
Quote from Worm :Hello !
Race 2 :

+1
Hello Sam,
And how about UF1 server? It will return some day? I miss UF1 competition on CTRA very mutch
Quote from Megin :Hello Sam,
And how about UF1 server? It will return some day? I miss UF1 competition on CTRA very mutch

Yeh, it was brilliant eh

I think I pretty much stuck there until I got my silver license
#44 - SamH
Perhaps when there is an up-turn in the number of regular online racers in S2, we can go for it. Until the racing pool can sustain it, we won't be introducing new servers, though.. we have a good group of servers right now, with 2 entry-level CTRA licence servers seeing good populations already. However, a 3rd would not be helpful at this time.
Don't know about the others, but im my opinion, it looks like the Race 1 Server is only randomized with the So tracks, Fe tracks and SOMETIMES BL... i'm tired of racing SO everytime i get on the server...
#46 - SamH
Quote from Dudles :Don't know about the others, but im my opinion, it looks like the Race 1 Server is only randomized with the So tracks, Fe tracks and SOMETIMES BL... i'm tired of racing SO everytime i get on the server...

Race 1 is configured as an S1 host, and only rotates with S1 tracks. That's the reason it seems like the track rotation is limited.. because it is.
Sorry if this is the wrong spot, but is there a need to have the smaller tighter tracks in the single seater 2 races. I think that the fox and fo8 are much better suited to longer tracks. I was racing the other night and all we got was SO1, FE1 and AS1 until it finally after much end race calls got AS2 it's my thoughts and others may differ, but a lot of the racers had trouble with the tightness of these curcuits and made hard work over a lot of laps. Do you get stats off your servers to see which track are changed before the rotation. Might be a indicator as to which tracks are not popular. Thanks for the good job CTRA is doing it's added some more interest into LFS.
#48 - SamH
Short tight tracks are part of racing. Some of the tracks are more difficult and more of a challenge than others, but we don't consider that to be a reason to exclude them. It's a bit disappointing that people occasionally vote off tracks because they're more of a challenge, but I don't think it's a reason to exclude the tracks from the selection list. Some of the best racing I've ever seen has been on Aston Cadet with a large field, and it'll be a cold day in hell when it gets dropped from the CTRA calendar
Fair enough, I suppose when I was racing it was because we got a series of short tracks and no long ones to break it up. Also after just graduating to the B licence it was nice driving the FOX and we were having trouble getting into some flowing racing. No issues about track selection just though I'd ask the question.
Thx.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Well the next track on the server is generated randomly during server end so a track list really wouldn't help other than to get a feel for the tracks being used on the server.

how random is random? i've played the same small handful of tracks on UFBR and SS1 for a while. does the track rotation go back to the start when nobody is online?

example: BLGP is on the UFBR list (on the previous page), but i've never seen it play that track. SO1 and SO1R are on the SS1 list, but i've never seen that track either. but in it's defence, i only recently started playing on SS1.

thanks

edit: sorry for the necro.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG